PDA

View Full Version : Can we talk colloidal silver?

easygoinmomma
11-25-2013, 02:28 PM
Google is not helping me today and not giving straight answers.

What is it used for?
Is it safe to take while you are pregnant?
What is the dosage?

Any links you ladies could help me with would be great!

backtobasicsmum
11-25-2013, 02:30 PM
:popcorn

I'm wondering some of the same things too.

FaithnPraise
11-25-2013, 02:34 PM
What are you trying to use it for? :scratch

I've used it topically but have never ingested it...not that I don't think it's "safe" - just never had a reason to :shrug3

Delaney
11-25-2013, 02:37 PM
We used to use this all the time. It works well. I used it pregnant and on my children at all ages. I stopped using it because although it is very good at killing things off, it works like and antibiotic and kills the good stuff as well as the bad.

---------- Post added at 04:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:35 PM ----------

Whoops, I didn't answer any questions. We used internally to fight off colds or stomach bugs and to put on wounds.

easygoinmomma
11-25-2013, 04:29 PM
Well, I got it to have on hand incase my others catch pink eye, but I am wondering about taking it for colds. However if it kills all the good stuff too...:think :-/

houseforjoy
11-25-2013, 04:44 PM
we used it internally for several reasons several times and it never seemed to help us. i DO use it externally if i can put it directly on what ails you. like for pink eye-in the eye, earaches-in the ear, sinus stuff- in the nose or netty pot. or on wounds. then it always seems to work pretty well.

homesteadmama
11-25-2013, 11:40 PM
We use it sparingly. Mostly because of the antibiotic effect-killing off the good along with the bad.

My two main times I use it are:
1) pink eye

2) when a sore throat or cold is coming on. Especially strep throat. A dropper full of CS a couple times at the beginning of sickness often times kills it, and I don't get sick.

It is safe during pregnancy. I don't have a link, but I've known this for years and read it multiple places. I've also used it while pregnant.

VioletPersuasion
11-26-2013, 12:11 AM
Well, I got it to have on hand incase my others catch pink eye, but I am wondering about taking it for colds. However if it kills all the good stuff too...:think :-/

If you have access to raw cow or goat milk - this works very fast wonders for pink eye (2 days), if you don't have access to breast milk (which works in about a day)! It doesn't kill off good stuff. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

easygoinmomma
11-26-2013, 12:44 AM
No, I don't have access to any of those right now.

Ima LeShalosh
11-30-2013, 07:31 PM
Subbing...I make Ionic Colloidal Silver...I was given a generator. But I don't know why I am so leery of it. I never listen to general consensus on natural remedies, so I am not sure what has me so cautious. Maybe because I am trying to wrap my mind around the fact that it kills every bacteria it comes in contact with...yet somehow it is not killing the good bacteria? But I find that to be bunk because there have been tests done on yogurt with colloidal silver. The milk containing the colloidal silver could not produce yogurt. Somehow, this was suppose to be "encouraging" proof that colloidal silver kills bacteria...but that is GOOD bacteria it just killed :scratch It confuses me.