PDA

View Full Version : I have a huge spot on my face

Vicki_T
11-24-2013, 05:27 AM
I saw a pharmacist two days ago and she thought it was probably an infection under the skin and would need antibiotics. She suggested trying some kind of paste - magnesium something or other - which I've been trying since then but it hasn't done anything yet. I'm reluctant to use antibiotics for something so minor but actually it's pretty uncomfortable (not to mention unattractive :blush) so is there anything else I can do? I'm breastfeeding, if that makes a difference.

Little Forest
11-24-2013, 05:31 AM
Crikey, can pharmacists give out antibiotics there by themselves?

I wonder if a dermatologist (or GP?) would do a steroid injection. Not sure but I consider steroids to be on the natural side.
Posted via Mobile Device

Vicki_T
11-24-2013, 05:41 AM
Sorry, no they can't, I did miss out the go-to-the-dr step! But the way she was talking it sounded as if the dr wouldn't hesitate to prescribe them - she could have been wrong of course. And I could probably get an appointment Monday or Tuesday so it could be a quick fix. I don't know anything about steroids but I could ask the dr. I wouldn't get to see a dermatologist without a referral and I wouldn't get a referral without a more serious problem.

nutmeg
11-24-2013, 05:45 AM
Maybe just a topical antibiotic? Like neosporin?

Little Forest
11-24-2013, 05:51 AM
Right, I see. They are like that too here. But they can give antibiotic eye drops without Rx! That is shocking to me.

Vicki_T
11-24-2013, 05:54 AM
It looks as if the cream would be prescription-only (even if eye drops aren't - I wonder if they would work :think :giggle) so I'll ask the dr. Thanks!