PDA

View Full Version : What to expect after first chiro adjustment?

JoyGal
11-07-2013, 11:12 AM
I'm going in for my first chiro adjustment today. I was in for scans and X-rays earlier in the week. She will use a chiropractic table instead of traditional adjustments.

I'm worried about afterwards. I've heard (few) stories of people feeling rather ill afterwards. Is there any way I can prevent this?

Auroras mom
11-07-2013, 12:52 PM
I have never felt ill after a chiropractic adjustment. My back usually feels great initially, but the muscles may be more sore the next day, as they are being pulled into shapes they don't usally assume (b/c my spine is ordinarily so out of alignment).

My chiro always recommends drinking plenty of water and getting rest after an adjusment or massage.

kiloyd
11-07-2013, 01:22 PM
I've never felt ill after either.

Sometimes it will not take the pain away of whatever spot is hurting immediately but soon after. Usually feel much better after an adjustment!

elohcin
11-07-2013, 07:10 PM
I didn't feel anything (ANYTHING! lol) either! I had read that you may be pretty sore the next day but obviously didn't work that way for me.

cro
11-07-2013, 10:25 PM
I've never felt ill or sore after an adjustment, just tired. Like my body could finally relax and that's all it wanted to do! :melting