PDA

View Full Version : Healing the gut after antibiotics

Tandem mama
11-06-2013, 05:20 AM
Lydia had strep throat in September. We did antibiotics. She was healthy for maybe a week after that, then developed a nasty cold with a bad cough. It's still not totally gone. Today, she has diarrhea.

I'm convinced her immune system was damaged by the antibiotics.

She is currently on probiotics and vitamin c. What else can I do to repair her gut?

gpsings
11-06-2013, 05:54 AM
I'm on some heavy stuff for a cyst....i would like to listenin....:cup

Sent from my XT557 using Tapatalk 2

mamacat
11-06-2013, 06:41 AM
bentonite clay has been very helpful.would also make sure on a really good probiotic.my kids took a kids chewable kind but saw a diff when started using primal defense powder just teeny bit

Tandem mama
11-06-2013, 06:51 AM
We can't afford a "really good" probiotic. Only the stuff I can get at Walmart. :(

I've read bentonite clay isn't good for septic systems.

Would de be helpful? I just remembered we have some!

mamacat
11-06-2013, 07:38 AM
Def not DE from what have heard recently can be very gut irritating.It is used as a insect control thing because is so harsh breaks outer shell of bugs. Some of the Walmart probiotics work really well.If you can scratch together the $ for the other kid is really cost effective because need such a teeny amt it lasts long time. Cant imagine how someone taking small amts of clay could mess up a septic system?:scratch We use this kind an havent had septic trouble. http://www.vitacost.com/yerba-prima-great-plains-bentonite-detox-16-fl-oz

elohcin
11-06-2013, 08:13 AM
Try to get L. Reuteri, any brand. That particular strain rebuilds the villi in the gut, and then you can help recolonize more once that is re-established.