PDA

View Full Version : Good constipation remedies for a 5 yo

Tandem mama
11-04-2013, 12:11 PM
Who hates remedies of any type ;)
She's backed up and acting nuts because of it. :help

DoulaClara
11-04-2013, 12:12 PM
Anything with apples makes my kids go. A little coffee?

Glitterfish
11-04-2013, 12:14 PM
Do you have any Natural Calm? You could mix some in a special drink or something.

Prunes? Dried apricots? Fresh apricots? Raisins?

Tandem mama
11-04-2013, 12:16 PM
Hmm she has had cider and stuff lately, no luck. I could get a frappuccino and give her a bit.
Dh is getting grapes for her to eat. Those help.
She hasn't been drinking enough water. I try to push it on her but she isn't doing great with it

WingsOfTheMorning
11-04-2013, 12:54 PM
Mine will take Natural Calm just in water. I think they like the fizz. Large doses of vitamin C will also cause loose bowels. A warm bath followed by a tummy massage could help.

AFA water intake, would she drink an herbal tea with a little honey? Mine like lemon, chai, chamomile and strawberry teas.

houseforjoy
11-04-2013, 01:00 PM
a warm bath with epsom salts. then rub her tummy with coconut or olive oil

Tandem mama
11-04-2013, 05:28 PM
She got it all out without any interventions. And she's acting normal again. I figured her issue was a poop issue. I think she's actually been holding it when we aren't home. :think

WingsOfTheMorning
11-04-2013, 08:09 PM
When we were dealing with withholding bc of pain from previous constipation, I told my dd that it's important to let her poop out when it wants to come. I reminded her of that often in that phase.

Have you asked her if/why she doesn't want to go out of the house?

Tandem mama
11-05-2013, 02:26 AM
Yeah, she just doesn't want to miss anything. I told her if she'd just let her poop and pee out, then wipe, wash her hands, and be done, she'd miss only a minute or two. But she spends half an hour on the toilet AFTER she's finished going to the bathroom talking to herself. Which isn't a problem in and of itself, but she's complaining that going potty takes too long. She won't hardly go pee unless she's about to wet herself, even at home.

WingsOfTheMorning
11-05-2013, 09:40 AM
I think our Lydias would be good friends. :giggle :hug