PDA

View Full Version : Hot hands and feet.

DancingWithElves
10-30-2013, 04:19 PM
:-) I know it's the opposite of what ppl complain about, but I'm starting to wonder. If I hold my teacup the tea will never go cold. I can shovel snow with no gloves on. I fantasize about going barefoot in the snow year round. My ultimate sensory joy is walking barefoot in dew covered soft grass. Srsly. They are hot. Warm. 360 days out of the year.

Right now I'm uncomfy :-(

No tingling. No swelling or redness. :shrug3

DancingWithElves
10-30-2013, 06:33 PM
:poke anybody :cup

sweetpeasmommy
10-30-2013, 06:34 PM
It's always been that way?

DancingWithElves
10-30-2013, 06:47 PM
i guess so. i have memories of myself at 9 yrs old burying my feet deeper and deeper in the dirt until i reached the cool, damp layer :melting also i remember being able to play snow balls for a long time without gloves...

here's what my googling turned up so far:
--zero actually useful explanations
--people with reynaud's complaining of this
i have r of the nipples don't want to put it out there on a public forum
--people with diabetes complaining of this
--people saying that it's worse at night (seems like a nerve thing. nerve pain would be worse at night, neuropathy pain would be worse at night. but it's NOT neuropathy. no numbness, no pain, no tingling.)
--people with autoimmune conditions complain of this i have signs of an autoimmune skin condition, mild so far. (doesn't feel mild, but objectively it is ;) )
--and finally, and interestingly, ppl say that alcohol and beef make it worse. i also have hereditary gout :think and beef and alcohol is what sets it off :think

WildFlower
10-30-2013, 06:53 PM
I get sweaty hands and feet. Are your hands and feet sweaty or just hot and dry?

I had googled and found that excessively sweaty hands/feet could be cured by some kind of surgery of the nerves but it was really tricky and I didn't think it would be worth the surgery. I have always had excessively sweaty hands/feet. Not all the time, but quite often. Especially if I get nervous.

sweetpeasmommy
10-30-2013, 06:54 PM
I have Reynauds and am 90% chilly hands and feet but yes, I get the hot too.

DancingWithElves
10-30-2013, 06:57 PM
right, almost never sweaty :no just dry and hot. HOT. hot. like right now i feel like my feet are planted on hot summer beach sand.

Amy, I wonder if it's like half-finished reynaud's thing that does that? :think

Housekat
10-31-2013, 12:09 PM
Bbl

Housekat
11-02-2013, 12:52 AM
Right. Sorry about that. I have a friend who has exactly that, together with a general elevated body temperature and an indifference to cold. DH did some research into it briefly and found some bits.

I can't remember what, but it's also connected to some neurology stuff for my friend, as well as RLS. Cal/Mag helps some with the RLS. It doesn't sound like it's distressing you though?