PDA

View Full Version : Respiratory cold need ideas to clear lungs

Tandem mama
10-28-2013, 02:32 PM
My lungs feel scratchy/full. I can't seem to cough anything up. Idk if they're dry or have mucus in them. :shrug I'm not wheezing or struggling to breathe. But I can feel a scratchiness or something in them when I breathe. It began on Thursday/Friday. My head was where it started. The worst was Saturday and Sunday. Today all I've got is the scratchy lung thing and a cough. A bit of stuffy nose left as well.

I need pregnancy safe remedies. I don't want to let this linger too long.

I think our humidifier actually worsened it because we didn't use distilled water and our tap water causes a white film on everything in the room when the humidifier is on so we stopped using it til we can properly clean it and use only distilled water. We may end up having to buy a new one if we can't get it to stop leaving this film.

mamacat
10-28-2013, 02:45 PM
I like to do all natural things.Guifenesen is in some OTC things like Robitussin and last knew was OB approved. It is actually derived from cherry bark and is an expectorant so thins mucous and makes easier to cough up. Things like tea with lemon and honey work well too this stuff works great and also has the cherry bark http://www.vitacost.com/naturade-childrens-expec-herbal-expectorant

DancingWithElves
10-30-2013, 04:25 PM
I use pure guaifenesin :-) not natural but the only thing to save me from repeated abx

Tandem mama
10-30-2013, 04:33 PM
It is almost 100% clear. I was having a hard time getting anything out because I was also trying not to pee my pants when I coughed after doing it twice. This, I wasn't having productive coughs. I started intentionally coughing when I was sitting on the toilet about every hour so I could get some productive coughs going. My lungs don't feel like they did. I'm still coughing a little. I think they're a little raw from all the coughing and stuff.

DancingWithElves
10-30-2013, 04:35 PM
Laughing is the best way t get good coughs. :lol

Tandem mama
10-30-2013, 05:03 PM
The cough wasn't so bad. Being 30 weeks pregnant and having the baby stick every limb out as far as he could whenever I coughed like he was afraid the walls were closing in on him, trying not to pee, and trying to get a productive cough was what was bad. It hurt! I peed myself twice. Not just a dribble. Peed my pants. And I'm pretty sure I pulled a muscle in my abs and in my back.

mamacat
10-30-2013, 05:15 PM
Irene it actually is natural because it comes from Cherry Bark.Is just the other part that isnt.Dont use many OTC type things ut that is one do use

NeshamaMama
10-30-2013, 06:22 PM
Homeopathic antimonium tartaricum (ant t) is the best remedy for a rattling, non-productive chest cough. I give it every 15 min. until I see improvement.

Stiina
10-30-2013, 08:06 PM
Essential oils can help too.