PDA

View Full Version : How to care for laminate and hardwood.

backtobasicsmum
08-25-2013, 09:06 PM
Our previous home had carpet and lino. The house we are moving to next week has a mix of carpet/lino/laminate and one room of hardwood. How do I care for/wash those? I don't want to ruin it or strip the surface or.....

:help

mamaKristin
08-25-2013, 09:09 PM
I clean my hardwood with a water vinegar solution and a soft mop. I seem to recall doing something similar when we had laminate, maybe a product I bought at the store that I mixed with water. My mop has a removable microfiber type pad that I toss in the washing machine. Easy peasy.

mummy2boys
08-28-2013, 10:58 PM
I also use a diluted vinegar solution to clean our floors. I have an ENJO microfibre mop and can throw it in the washing machine like Kristin does :smile

backtobasicsmum
08-29-2013, 06:22 AM
That's easy and sounds like how I had cleaned my lino before. I've also got a mop with a microfiber type pad that I can throw in the wash. :tu I just didn't want to wreck the flooring!

mommylove
08-29-2013, 06:38 AM
Yep, a microfiber mop with vinegar/water what I use, too. The big thing is to make sure you don't get it too wet or leave standing water on it which will warp the boards when the water seeps through the cracks.