PDA

View Full Version : Lint problem?

PaperMomma
06-27-2013, 08:19 PM
So with my nicer clothes, I don't want to put them in the dryer so they'll last longer.

But then they come out of the washer with lint all over them. :doh And it's like it's stuck in the fabric- it doesn't come off with a lint roller.

Any way I can fix this problem without just drying the stuff? :shrug

rjy9343
06-30-2013, 09:13 AM
:popcorn I have this problem, too.

Heather R
06-30-2013, 12:23 PM
I put my clothes in the dryer for 10-15 minutes before hanging to dry. It helps with the lint and the "stiffness" but the clothes still last way longer, and it doesn't seem to set in stains.

abh5e8
07-04-2013, 08:52 PM
op, what else do you wash your clothes with? towels or sheets or anything...that might be making the lint worse? i hang all our clothes (except undies, socks, towels, sheets) and i have never noticed any lint. i do use white vinegar as a fabric softener, not sure if that would help?

mummy2boys
07-04-2013, 10:56 PM
I was going to ask what abh5e8 did - do you wash with towels etc? That gets lint on my clothes if I miss something. I also use white vinegar as well.

As for the dryer, I never use mine so can't help there.

Rabbit
07-05-2013, 01:17 AM
When you sort by color and fabric type, there's a lot less lint. Fleece and terry are the two biggest culprits, and fleece takes the beating from the terry.

rjy9343
07-05-2013, 11:15 AM
I do sort my clothes by color and fabric type. I use vinegar in the rinse. Any other ideas?

Sundance
07-05-2013, 11:26 AM
We don't have a dryer & I *used* to have this problem big time. It still happens, but it's not as bad, now.

I think it took the clothes a while to get used to never being in the dryer & shed the extra lint...but now it's mostly outta there and it isn't so bad.

It does still happen to a few of DH's shirts, but it is pretty mild. When I hang them, I can usually just grab a cotton sock (wet from the same load) and rub it out of the fabric & it drys w/o a mark.

But :popcorn for other good ideas.

PaperMomma
07-12-2013, 03:25 PM
I put my clothes in the dryer for 10-15 minutes before hanging to dry. It helps with the lint and the "stiffness" but the clothes still last way longer, and it doesn't seem to set in stains.

This helped a lot!!! :ty I did it the opposite way though- I hung them to dry, dried the other clothes in the dryer, and then threw them in for the last 15 minutes. It really helped with the lint. IDK if it'll make the clothes wear out a little faster, but surely it's better than a whole round of drying? And I gotta get the lint out somehow.

op, what else do you wash your clothes with? towels or sheets or anything...that might be making the lint worse? i hang all our clothes (except undies, socks, towels, sheets) and i have never noticed any lint. i do use white vinegar as a fabric softener, not sure if that would help?

Yeah, there are sometimes towels together. And I'm not really interested in separating the laundry any different than I do now. :shifty DH's clothes/towels get washed together, my clothes/towels get washed together, the kids' clothes/towels get washed together, and the kitchen laundry gets washed together. It's easier to fold that way too. :think Although, it really wouldn't be hard to just separate towels from each load and just wash them separately, without having to separate anything else. I'll keep that in the back of my mind to try if that first idea stops working. :)