PDA

View Full Version : **Please** help me get these out of my wall!!!

Radosny Matka
05-24-2013, 10:45 AM
These are anti-tip devices that used to secure our old tv stand. We couldn't get them out before, so at the time, I just painted over them. I have tried a few times to get them out, and they are stubborn. Well, I am MORE stubborn, and they are coming out even if I have to chainsaw them out :hiding (okay, so maybe I won't go that drastic...). I have been annoyed by them for 3 years now, I think, and this T3 is done with them! All 3 of them have one screw that came out fine and one screw that is totally stripped. I have tried...

- drilling them out

- using different types of screwdrives

- prying them off with a hammer

- tried a mini hacksaw, but I can get close enough to the nail to saw. There's not enough room between the wall and the plastic piece to slide a hacksaw in.

What else can I try? The need to go, like yesterday!

(and my walls are more golden in color, not this nasty, ugly mustard. :no)

You can see some of the damage I did today to the wall around the plastic piece. :bag At this point, I don't care. I can fix wall damage.

http://i748.photobucket.com/albums/xx126/RadosnyMatka/DSC_0203400x268_zps7aade4e5.jpg

A view of all 3 of them. They are close to the tv, so I have to be somewhat careful.

http://i748.photobucket.com/albums/xx126/RadosnyMatka/DSC_0204400x268_zps116497ec.jpg

Thanks for any advice!

MarynMunchkins
05-24-2013, 10:48 AM
:think I think your best bet is going to be filing the head off the screw with a Dremel, and then doing wall repair. Or you could cut out the drywall and patch it. :shifty

Radosny Matka
05-24-2013, 10:59 AM
:think I think your best bet is going to be filing the head off the screw with a Dremel, and then doing wall repair. Or you could cut out the drywall and patch it. :shifty

Thanks. Dremel's cost money. :( Maybe my chainsaw idea isn't so bad. :P~

StumblinMama
05-24-2013, 11:13 AM
I'd cut them out and patch the drywall. That would drive me nuts if I'd already tried so many things that didn't work.

Mother of Sons
05-24-2013, 11:36 AM
Have you tried putting a rubber band over the tip of the screw driver?

librarianjojo
05-28-2013, 05:13 PM
I would just cut them out of the wall and patch the drywall. :shrug3 That sounds like the KISS method to solving this problem. :heart

Rabbit
05-28-2013, 05:23 PM
A drywall saw is a cheap hand tool.