PDA

View Full Version : Black bean (plus a ton of other veggies) soup

cbmk4
05-20-2013, 10:45 AM
Tonight we are having black bean soup with some bonus vegetables thrown in. I will be getting my next CSA share in two days and needed to use up the veggies we had in the crisper.

Besides soaked dried black beans, I added onions, scallions, garlic, mushrooms, Swiss chard, carrots, radishes and bell pepper. Underneath that dark brown slurry, the kids will never know the difference!

DoulaClara
05-20-2013, 10:56 AM
That sounds delicious! And reminds me that I wanted to look for a CSA. I wonder if any around here have any shares left. Did you add any other seasoning? I always end up with a sort of bland soup when I use black beans.

cbmk4
05-20-2013, 11:02 AM
I did use about a cup of leftover beef stock and a chipotle pepper in adobo sauce. I know the family will want to add salt, because I don't add any when I cook.

charla
05-20-2013, 11:23 AM
That sounds really good. :yum

RealLifeMama
05-20-2013, 11:26 AM
That sounds so satisfying, and what a great way to use up your veggies!
I could go for a nice bowl of soup like that right now. Honestly, nothing sounds good to me to eat right now. I am having one of those "food is icky" days. But that has me wanting some beans now. Thanks for sharing!

mystweaver
05-20-2013, 09:30 PM
:yum Every time you post a soup I have to add it to my to-do list. :giggle

kwisie
05-20-2013, 09:41 PM
That sounds delicious! And reminds me that I wanted to look for a CSA. I wonder if any around here have any shares left. Did you add any other seasoning? I always end up with a sort of bland soup when I use black beans.
Kind of a side note - For my black bean soup, I use oregano and cumin in addition to the standard salt/pepper/onion/garlic that I put in nearly everything. :think One of these days I should post my recipe. It's yummy.

ShepherdsWife
06-03-2013, 06:43 PM
Yum, yum....and I do love black beans :yes