PDA

View Full Version : When you get things like colds and fevers

Elibellamiah
05-12-2013, 08:17 PM
Do they always start with a sore throat? I don't know how to describe where exactly, kind of in the tonsil, soft palate, back of the tongue area. I had my tonsils out 2 years ago after repeated peritonsillar abcesses. I kind of expected not to get these sore throats anymore after that. Is that where colds always start for everyone? I think I always have post nasal drip with them too :sick

SilverMoon
05-12-2013, 09:57 PM
I read somewhere that often a virus will set up shop at the back of the throat, multiply like crazy, then spread out into the body. I have no idea if it's true. However, the article said that gargling with warm salt water once or twice per day during flu/cold season and more often when you feel that feeling at the back of the throat will help the body fight off viruses. The salt kills the ickies, and it's really cheap and easy to do.

OneLove
05-14-2013, 07:48 AM
I had my tonsils and adnoids out as a child and my sore throat always seems to be right in the same spot...right where I assume the scar tissue is. My cold always seem to start with a sore throat then move to my ears, then sinus/head. Interesting...

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk 2

mellifera
05-14-2013, 08:44 AM
Colds start at the top of my throat, near my eustachian tubes. If I start with zinc lozenges right away, that usually heads it off.

wisdomjourney
05-14-2013, 10:46 AM
I second the salt! I hate sore throats.