PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Know Anything About Antiques?

RealLifeMama
05-07-2013, 02:19 PM
I have a huge sideboard that was my great grandmother's.
I do not have any emotional attachment to it. When my grandmother died and we were clearing out her house, it was in the storage room. My mom does not remember it being in the house when she grew up, so she has no attachment to it either.
We have had it for years in our dining room, but it is really just too large.
I'd like to get sell it, but I do not know the best way to do it. It is not the best condition. Some of the veneer has worn off, and it looks like something hot was put on it so there is some damage to the top.
We are trying to raise money for a mission trip we will be going on this summer as a family by selling a lot of our things, so I'd like to maximize what I get, not just list it on Craigslist for $50, KWIM?
Any ideas?

ReadingMommy
05-07-2013, 02:21 PM
Can you post a pic? :popcorn

librarianjojo
05-07-2013, 07:34 PM
Why not take some pictures of it and see what an antiques dealer will give you for it, if anything? I'd love to see pics myself!

Radosny Matka
05-07-2013, 07:45 PM
Can you find any information on it - manufacturer, serial number, etc? It would probably be on the back or bottom. All you might find is a manufacturer's mark. Try looking it up online and see if you can find more information on it. You might be able to get a ballpark on what it is worth.

Prism
05-08-2013, 01:30 PM
The best way to start is by taking pictures. :yes

Teacher Mom
05-11-2013, 03:35 AM
need a pic!!