PDA

View Full Version : Quick! Tell me something that will make me vacuum

Domina
04-10-2013, 02:25 PM
My floors are horrid. They neeeed to be vacuumed. This is the one chore I always build up in my mind as something terrible and exhausting, and it's not usually that bad.

Help me! Give me a mental motivator, please!

Starfox
04-10-2013, 02:28 PM
You want positive or gross motivation? I can offer both. :giggle

itzj
Go walk on them barefoot. Feel all that dirt and then look at your feet.

Um, imagine Sumo licking the floor.

Go vacuum. :poke

Llee
Your friend is coming to visit. Quick!

Johns_Gal
a) Then they will be all pretty and nice and you can be all "Ha, I conquered floors!".
b) Dust is made of human skin and invisible bugs that poop constantly.

:shifty

Domina
04-10-2013, 02:29 PM
OMIGOSH, you guys are good. I'm sitting here eating Doritos, and I am SO CLOSE to vacuuming. Seriously.

Johns_Gal
04-10-2013, 02:32 PM
You should vacuum before the dust mites steal your chips. And poop on them.

itzj
04-10-2013, 02:33 PM
Make sure you suck up the dorito crumbs when you start. :duck

Llee
04-10-2013, 02:36 PM
Order in some Chinese or pizza. Do a quick vacuum before the delivery person gets there. Reward yourself.

Domina
04-10-2013, 02:37 PM
You should vacuum before the dust mites steal your chips. And poop on them.

GASP. Do they do that? :paranoid

OK, that's torn it. I'm vacuuming.

SalH
04-10-2013, 02:40 PM
When you have done it, the result will be beautiful. :heart You will LOVE it.

Housekat
04-10-2013, 02:44 PM
My vacuuming rule is the underfoot crunchiness measure. If I can feel crunchiness for more than three steps at a time, I vacuum :shifty

THat happens roughly once a day. My kids don't believe in eating at the table, and think that food is only happy if it's flung around the kitchen and living room.

Have you vacuumed yet?

Domina
04-10-2013, 03:21 PM
I've done all the carpeted rooms on the first floor. I'm going to sweep and swiffer the pergo, and I'll be done for the night. Second floor tomorrow.

THANK YOU, dear friends!

I'm getting hardwood floors next month, and I seriously cannot wait. I will take that over vacuuming carpet anyday!!! :woohoo

Glitterfish
04-10-2013, 03:36 PM
Oh man.... I want to vacuum your house :bag

I love vacuuming, as long as I don't have to do the picking up part first, or moving furniture, or whatever. The actual vacuuming is just so therapeutic :melting

melliethepooh
04-10-2013, 03:36 PM
:hunh really? Vaccuuming is so much easier :shifty

PaperMomma
04-10-2013, 03:38 PM
Oh man.... I want to vacuum your house :bag

I love vacuuming, as long as I don't have to do the picking up part first, or moving furniture, or whatever. The actual vacuuming is just so therapeutic :melting

I Feel the same way. :heart

mollobe
04-10-2013, 03:42 PM

I agree! You can put it off for so much longer than hardwoods. Plus you have to vacuum/sweep AND mop/wash hardwoods - twice the work! But they are beautiful and worth it. :yes Our house has all hardwoods except the kitchen, stairs, and one bedroom...having to vacuum the big rugs that are on the hardwoods AND mop drives me nutso.

Domina
04-10-2013, 03:46 PM

It's a mental thing. I grew up in a house with all hardwood floors and I just loathe carpet with every (heh heh) fiber of my being.

jujubnme
04-10-2013, 03:52 PM
Yay for you! Not only do you have cleaner floors, but you can consider the time counting towards your daily physical exercise! ;)

Johns_Gal
04-10-2013, 04:02 PM
I agree! You can put it off for so much longer than hardwoods. Plus you have to vacuum/sweep AND mop/wash hardwoods - twice the work! But they are beautiful and worth it. :yes Our house has all hardwoods except the kitchen, stairs, and one bedroom...having to vacuum the big rugs that are on the hardwoods AND mop drives me nutso.

My hardwoods are coming with a Roomba. No shame. :lol

raining_kisses
04-10-2013, 04:07 PM
Next time you need motivation think of poor ol' me. I love to vacuum and use to do it every other day( we don't have a lot of carpet, just rugs). With my hernia and pregnancy, I can't. I have to have Dh do it.

So do it for all of us who can't. :violin

blondie
04-10-2013, 04:42 PM
I hate it too. It took me 20 minutes to vacuum our little family room yesterday because I could only stand to do it for 15 seconds at a time. :giggle