PDA

View Full Version : Trofast storage

MomtoJGJ
03-28-2013, 12:46 PM
Does anyone have the Trofast storage stuff from ikea? I need Penelope-proof storage for our school room and play room and I really like the look of these.

Some questions I have...

Do you like them?
Are they sturdy?
Do they clean easily?
Are the drawers easy to pull all the way out of the shelf thing? In other words, could Penelope pull up on them and rip drawers out spilling all the contents all over the room :shifty

illinoismommy
03-28-2013, 12:55 PM
Do you like them? Yes

Are they sturdy? Yes but I bought the wood ones, they also offer a cheaper pressed board version

Do they clean easily? Yes

Are the drawers easy to pull all the way out of the shelf thing? In other words, could Penelope pull up on them and rip drawers out spilling all the contents all over the room Yes they are easy to pull out.

AugustMama
03-28-2013, 02:42 PM
Do you like them? :yes
Are they sturdy? The wood part is but I have had some of the plastic boxes break. They are cheap to replace though.
Do they clean easily? :yes
Are the drawers easy to pull all the way out of the shelf thing? In other words, could Penelope pull up on them and rip drawers out spilling all the contents all over the room Yes, but I have a tall unit so I keep all of the stuff that I am okay with my youngest getting into on the bottom and the older kids things at the top.

Earthmummy07
03-28-2013, 04:19 PM
Do you like them? Yes

Are they sturdy? As much as anything we've used so far. We have one of the smaller units that we had to bolt to the wall but that was mostly because our floor was uneven and made it rockable

Do they clean easily? Yep

Are the drawers easy to pull all the way out of the shelf thing? In other words, could Penelope pull up on them and rip drawers out spilling all the contents all over the room

Probably :giggle depending on what you put in them. The reason we bought the system is because the draws pull out & can be transported to different places, like the craft draws pull out so we can take them to glue at the kitchen table. T could manage this well before age 2 for the thin and medium, and def before 3 for the biggest ones filled with wooden track pieces.

princesspoet
03-28-2013, 04:31 PM
Yes to all. E basically pours all the stuff on the floor to play with. They have lids if you want them. But the upside is that he can also tidy up.

2sunshines
03-28-2013, 04:36 PM
LOVE them. My fave toy storage system. We bought them when our 12 year old was little, so they've lasted over a decade in our house. Look as good as new. Completely sturdy, and the kids have climbed on them, jumped off of them, leaned on them, crashed into them, etc. We have the original bins and have never had a problem wtih them breaking down or anything. They're still in like new condition.

Yes, the drawers are completely removable. I like that because it makes transporting toys to another room easy. Plus, you can use the system differently with smaller and larger drawers as your needs change.

MomtoJGJ
03-28-2013, 04:44 PM
:doh I completely didn't think about being able to switch around the drawers. If I had I would have known the answer to that one!

Then yes... I think this is going on my wish list of items for organizing the house.