PDA

View Full Version : What do you use for a hamper?

illinoismommy
03-27-2013, 07:56 AM
I looked up hamper on amazon to see whats out there and they are all these canvas foldable bits that don't seem very practical. There is always some kind of potty accident happening over here or crazy play so wet things go in the laundry bins. I don't want canvas pee smelling laundry hampers :sick

I need practical. I don't need them to fold up and store under my bed :no, we always have laundry. I need them to be washable or plastic.

I've been using a plastic kitchen trash can as a laundry bin for years but its cracked. Maybe I should just buy another one? :scratch

Starfox
03-27-2013, 07:59 AM
I ha e these nylon and metal bins from IKEA I love.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/03/27/syqare2a.jpg

Dovenoir
03-27-2013, 08:02 AM
I've been using a plastic kitchen trash can as a laundry bin for years but its cracked. Maybe I should just buy another one? :scratch

I've seen rubbermaid tubs and giant wetbags used at the laundromat. I use standard baskets and put wet things in a grocery sack before tossing in- because I want to rinse out the ick in the sink before washing.. but that's only my system.

Beth1231
03-27-2013, 08:03 AM
Even we were bottom of the barrel broke,I insisted on enough sturdy hampers with good,solid handles :yes
I think ours came from Target,about $12-15 a piece?

klpmommy
03-28-2013, 08:51 AM
Ours are from Target. I have two types, one is taller and skinnier with ventilation holes. THe other is large round with rope handles and I use it when I hang laundry outside.

blessedwithboys
03-28-2013, 08:59 AM
the basic tall plastic kind with ventilation holes for the laundry room. The kids have the collapsible mesh kind in their rooms.

This kind for the laundry room http://www.sterilite.com/SelectProduct.html?id=685&ProductCategory=54&section=2

this kind for the kids rooms http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/90182294/#/60182295

ShangriLewis
03-28-2013, 09:39 AM
I have a basket for nasty stuff in my laundry room.

But, I saw at Target a huge laundry basket. It was plastic with handles like a laundry basket. But, it was tall like a kitchen Trash can. The things moms are excited about:giggle

jujubnme
03-28-2013, 10:38 AM
A lot would depend on how you prefer to use the hamper... How much do you let it fill up before washing, whether you tote the hamper to the laundry room, or just the clothes. I actually like the tall canvas hampers (no pee issues any more, and emergency washing would go straight to the laundry room). They're the right size and not too hard to carry up and down our two flights of stairs between the bedrooms and laundry room.

DoulaClara
03-28-2013, 10:46 AM
We have a yard waste bag in our room, on a collapsible stand, :giggle and a plastic, Rubbermaid type tall plastic bin in the bathroom for the kids to toss their things into.

MomtoJGJ
03-28-2013, 11:30 AM
subbing... we need a new hamper because ours is breaking under the weight :shifty