PDA

View Full Version : Sibling Rivalry

ArmsOfLove
03-19-2013, 02:59 PM
we did our first publicized Google+ hangout on Sibling Rivalry. If you've had issues with this, it might help :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9T28YmF9Yo&feature=youtu.be

The next chat is going to be about teaching children responsibility. If you would like to join us, please pm me. We can have a total of 9, but others can watch live on youtube. Just be patient with us - it took us awhile to get going today and make it all work right :D

I think it will be 2 weeks from now on Wednesday. I'll post again when I have the exact date and time hammered out.

flowermama
03-20-2013, 12:17 PM
That is so awesome, Crystal! I think it's great you are doing that. :rockon

For the next one, if I'm home I'd like to watch, but definitely not be part of it. Wish I were brave enough! Maybe some day. :giggle

HadassahSukkot
03-21-2013, 04:30 AM
Jeri, when you are brave enough, we are ready for you. I can't wait to see and hear what gems you'd have ready for us. :heart

flowermama
03-21-2013, 10:25 AM
That's so kind of you! :heart Thank you! :hug

Codi
03-21-2013, 10:59 AM
:rockon Can't wait to watch it later!! :tu

Codi
03-21-2013, 06:20 PM
I was just thinking how cool these videos will be to show my dh! :rockon He is a man who does NOT enjoy the written word :shifty especially parenting info... but I can totally get him to watch a short video! :rockon

Codi
03-21-2013, 09:42 PM
I really like the line about looking at the world as being an interruption to your mothering instead of mothering being an interruption to everything else needing to be done. :heart A big trigger for me is being interrupted. :bag THAT is a line I need to internalize! :ty (Finally finished the video. :giggle )

LovelyGourmet
04-02-2013, 08:56 PM
That was great! :heart We've been struggling with sibling issues. It's so nice to hear that they're not supposed to "get it" until they are older I was thinking I was doing something wrong because they were still fighting all the time!

Dana Joy
04-02-2013, 09:02 PM
How religious is the advice? I don't have time to watch it now, but a non-Christian friend of mine was just picking my brain about sibling stuff.

ArmsOfLove
04-02-2013, 09:17 PM
How religious is the advice? I don't have time to watch it now, but a non-Christian friend of mine was just picking my brain about sibling stuff.

I don't remember anything being religious :think I may have mentioned my response to something involving stopping to pray, but I don't think it went in that direction :think

Jeri, I would love to have you join us even if you said nothing :hug But you can watch it live too! We're looking at next Tuesday (it was going to be tomorrow but I am taking my family to Mexico to see the dentist and that's the only day I can go :doh)

HadassahSukkot
04-03-2013, 01:17 AM
I don't really recall it being very religious like mentioning church or synagogue services or holidays.. Crystal might have mentioned stopping to pray, as she said, but it was pretty much all the problems any mom would have with kids and sibling rivalry. :)

SalH
04-03-2013, 06:03 AM
Just. Wow.

LOVED IT.

Thanks so much Crystal. I loved it because it was so great to have you do so many examples / role play those discussions. Loved it because you demonstrate firmness re boundaries but it is still gentle parenting, it is still full of grace... it is affirming because I think i might even be *getting there*. Some really great developmental advice too.

I also think it is a brilliant shop window for those friends we have who might be interested in grace based parenting, but think that we are all fluffy walkovers without boundaries. It shows we are not, I think it will open some eyes certainly in my circles and am excited to be sharing it with friends.

DH was just working while I watched it, but overheard some, and is really keen to watch it together.

Can't wait for more of these. :)

bananacake
07-07-2015, 07:09 AM
I am watching this and it's super helpful :tu

3PeasInAPod
07-07-2015, 10:24 AM
Oh I never saw this. Subbing for later

twoplustwo
07-07-2015, 11:44 AM
:cup - plan to watch it later. I feel like the biggest issue with my kids right now is sibling rivalry.

marigold
07-08-2015, 09:35 PM
thanks, my two boys are fighting like the proverbial cats and dogs lately. I hope I can use this info to help them. I too found the comment about mothering being my primary job rather than housekeeping or cooking or... was good ffod for thought. It os so easy to forget that my kids in this moment are more important than the activity I was doing.