PDA

View Full Version : what do you do to get up early?

green_momma2007
03-13-2013, 01:16 PM
I know that if I get up earlier (currently I get up at seven) I will do away with a lot of the stress. If you get up early, what do you do they day before to get ready? At what time do you go to sleep? I would need to go to bed at our before 10, but is that even doable?

Auroras mom
03-13-2013, 01:28 PM
I can't do it, but people I know who do, go to bed around 9 and get up at 5 or so. You just shift your schedule.

twoplustwo
03-13-2013, 01:45 PM
The night before I pick out my clothes. Sunday night we pick out all 5 days of my kids clothes.

I usually know what I am packing for lunches even if I dont do any actual prep work (sometimes I do, usually not). Kids backpacks are at door along with shoes.

If I want to run before anyone wakes I sleep in my running pants/shorts (I sometimes run with teachers in my neighborhood so they have a 545 start time so they can shower & get to work.)

In bed by 930. The easiest way to make that happen FOR ME is not to watch any real time tv. Like we only watch shows on Hulu and Netflix. Then if it gets too late - we just don't watch at all - or maybe 1 30 minute show (which is actually less b/c less commercials).

mummy2boys
03-14-2013, 09:52 PM
I have everything ready the night before. All kids clothes, my clothes, lunches, morning teas etc. I am never in bed before 11 (we have a business) and I get up at 6:45am, wake kids at 6:50am and we leave home at 7:30am :yes It is really hard some days but mostly we do okay as we are so used to it now.

I SHOULD get up at 6:30am and either go for a quick walk or have a cuppa.....working on it :smile

Johns_Gal
03-14-2013, 10:03 PM
What is your schedule like otherwise? Do you have to be out of the house at a certain time?

I started to answer but it varies so much depending on what your rest of the day looks like. :lol

green_momma2007
03-15-2013, 12:55 PM
What is your schedule like otherwise? Do you have to be out of the house at a certain time?

I started to answer but it varies so much depending on what your rest of the day looks like. :lol

Right now the alarm sounds at 6:30 and I hit the snooze button until 6:50.
I need to be out the house by 7:50 am. Kids get back home from school at a little after 2pm. They go to sleep at around 9pm, though I am working on moving that up. They need more sleep so it's not a mission to get them up in the morning, and I need to have some adult time in the evening before going to bed.
Part of the problem is that I get the boys up at around 7:20, because I like to sit down and have coffee and watch the news, etc. before they get up.

ShangriLewis
03-16-2013, 11:49 AM
So you give your kids 30 min to get up and get ready for school? That might be part of the issue. My kids needed longer than that when they went to school. They needed about 30 to just wake up.

I love to sleep in. But, when I have had to in the past (for work, school, to catch the ferry) I just did. I have no motivation currently, so it is so much easier to just lounge a bit. Getting into bed by 10 really helps. No TV or anything to crazy before bed.

PaperMomma
03-16-2013, 12:23 PM
The first thing I have to do is convince myself to go to bed early. The most effective way for me to do that is to do a bunch of self dialogue about how tomorrow is a great new day, I'll have plenty of time to get things accomplished, I don't have to try to stay up late to do stuff, I'll regret staying up in the morning, etc, etc, etc.

Then, the most effective thing for me is to have something to do/somewhere to be in the morning. I have Crossfit classes now 3 days a week, so that gets me out of bed.

As far as actually getting out of bed- that's VERY difficult for me. LOTS more self talk there. "Just sit up. Just SIT UP!!!" "You HAVE to go workout or you're going to feel like a loser the rest of the day." "You won't regret getting up, I promise." "You'll feel fine after a cup of coffee." I'll resort to promising myself a nap later if I have to(And of course, that probably won't happen, but I can convince myself when I'm still half asleep. :giggle)