PDA

View Full Version : SHBC Week 2 Mar 10-16

DragonfliiMama
03-11-2013, 07:58 AM
We're on to week 2! How did everyone do last week? If you're just joining us, welcome! The more the merrier. ;)

There's lots of information here, including a new super-easy way to track your points, so I'm going to break it all down into spoilers to make it easier to find what you need.

the Google spreadsheet:

Template (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ApZNN8YJREkndDRzbnJLM0xfX2xUcnkwNVlxcmlIa 0E#gid=0) for tracking points
* Save your own copy of the file, and make sure it's visible to me. You can make it viewable to anyone with the link, or share it directly with me. My email is my username at gmail. I don't need to be able to edit it, just see it.
* PM me with the link to your spreadsheet.
* Simply enter your points on the weekly tabs. All totals will automatically update for you. If you want to mark which tasks your choosing for the Weekly Chores Challenge or the Weekly Challenge Bonus, I recommend changing the background color on the cells for those tasks.
* Please do not do anything that will change what cells anything is in! This will throw off the formulas and your totals will not be accurate.
* I also have a sheet to gather everyone's weekly totals (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ApZNN8YJREkndGFZLV9VdnQ4cnplRkQ5aHd1QXBqN 2c#gid=0) in one place. I will add you into it as I get the link to your sheet. Again, this will pull your totals off your sheet automatically. You can view it at any time to see how you're doing in comparison to everyone else.

The master list - if you don't want to use the google spreadsheet. If you are tracking your points within the thread, it'd be super nice if you can spoil it - the list is really long to scroll through, especially with all the challenges listed. I will also need you to send me your total at the end of the week. :ty
Daily Chores:
Spiritual/Emotional
10 Min Quiet Time100pts
10 Min Mama Time100pts
Bonding time 100 pts

Dishes
Any dishes done20pts
Empty sink when you go “off duty”40pts
Each load done by hand20pts

Laundry
Each Step (Wash, Dry, Fold, Away)5pts
Bonus for each completed load5pts
Each load dried without a dryer10pts
Ironing (each minute spent) 5 pts

Beds
Each bed made (or helped to make)20pts

Misc
Hot Spots (max of 45pts/day)5 min=15pts
5 Minute Challenge/To Do List Thread 50pts
Declutter (90pt/30min limit per day)5 min=15pts
New Habit #1 20pts
New Habit #220pts
Table/Counters wiped before bed25pts
Animal Care (per type of pet)25pts
Rubbish/Recycling (per bag)25pts
Tidy Time (per 5 minutes)20pts

Meal Prep
Time spent in meal prep (per 5 min)20pts

Weekly Chores:
Plan Your Week
Calendar Review25pts
Assign Chores & Challenges25pts
Plan Menus (each meal)5pts
grocery and/or Household List25pts
Make a To-Do List and check it often25pts
Desk Time 50pts

Kitchen:
Away with Non-Kitchen Clutter!25pts
Wipe Down Appliance Exteriors25pts
Wipe Down Cabinet Doors & Drawers 100pts
Quick clean Fridge 50pts
Microwave interior cleaned25pts
Sweep the floor (1x/day)50pts
Mop the floor (double points by hand)75pts

Bathroom:
Clean Mirror(s), (each)5pts
Wipe down the sink/surround (daily)20pts
Toilet (no limit)50pts
Bathtub/Shower 50pts (75pts if pregnant)
Each switchplate, doorknob, etc wiped5pts
Sweep the floor (1x/day)25pts
Mop the floor (double pts by hand)50pts
Finished all bathrooms in the house100pts

Bedding:
Sheets changed (per bed)25pts
Wash comforter/quilt/etc (per bed) 30pts

Dusting/Floor Care:
Clean Windows (each window)20pts
Dusting (per 5 min)15pts
Each room vacuumed/swept50pts
Each room mopped 75pts (double pts by hand)

Your Room on Wheels: Wed, Fri
Empty the trash15 pts
Wipe out the cup holders15 pts
Vacuum the carpet/upholstery50 pts
Dust the dashboards15 pts
Clean the interior windows30 pts

Whole Home Blessing Best done on Fri
general tidy up and spot vac50 pts/room

Weekly Chore Challenge
Pick 5 of the weekly chores. 100pts bonus for having all 5 complete at the end of the week

Weekly Challenge Bonus
Pick 3 things off the challenge list and 1 off the fun challenges. 100pts bonus for having all 4 complete at the end of the week

SHBC Prep - make your copy of this spreadsheet and pm me the link, or set up whatever else you need organized for tracking your points. Make a list of anything you want to make sure you get accomplished over the next 6 weeks. 300 pts

Mt Laundry - combine it with switching out summer/winter wardrobes, cleaning carseat covers, or washing bedding - or just get caught up! Take your laundry total for the week, and enter it again here.

Declutter Double - forget that 30min limit! Take points for ALL the time you spend decluttering this week, then take your total and enter it again here. Would be a great one to combine with the car, garage, or entryway challenges.

Dusting Double - take your dusting total for the week and enter it again here. Another good one to combine with the car or garage challenges.

Deep Clean the Kitchen -
clean fridge/freezer - 200pts ea
clean cupboards - 100pts ea
inventory and (re)organize - 100pts ea
anything else that needs doing - 25pts/5min

Switch out summer/winter clothes. Don't forget coats, hats, mittens, etc! 100pts/person
While you're at it, switch the bedding too. 50pts/bed

Freshen Up - wash windows & screens, open windows to air out the house, wash walls, do something to make at least one room in your house feel fresh/lively/pretty/springy. 300pts
Wash walls, incl baseboards - 75pts/wall
Wash light switches, lamps, doorknobs - 5pts ea

Clean Car - be through, inside and out
carseats - take out, wash cover and wipe down plastic, check that straps are fitting correctly, make sure reinstalled correctly, double check weight limits and expiration dates. 75pts/carseat
vacuum 75pts
wash dash, cup holders, etc 75pts
clean out and organize glove comp 50pts
clean out and organize trunk, check contents of safety/preparedness kits 100pts
bonus 100pts if you make a safety kit
wash outside 50pts

Storage Area - garage, basement, storage room, etc. Make sure things are stored where they should be, boxes up off the floor, labeled, etc. Use pallets and/or sterilite tubs to protect from flooding. Can you get rid of anything? 25pts/5min

Porch/Deck/Entryway - clean and organized, sweep/mop, dust, etc. Make sure there's a designated spot for coats, shoes, bags, mail, etc. 200pts
if you have outside furniture, clean that now too - wipe down, launder, etc as necessary. 50pts/piece
bonus 100pts for creating mail center or other organization to deal with paper or clutter as it enters the house

Outside toys - bikes, scooters, swings, slides, sandbox, etc. Check that nothing is broken or in need of repair/replace. 100pts
Check fit of safety helmets, 50pts/person
Bikes - tires inflated, seat/handlebars adjusted, brakes working, etc. 50pts/bike

Easter!
Finalize plans and menus - 100pts
Plan/buy dressy Easter outfits - 100pts
Plan/buy/make anything needed for baskets or other activities - 50pts/basket

Garden -
Plan what to do and what you need 150pts
Prep anything you can do ahead, including getting anything you need but don't yet have 150pts
Planting - 25pts/5min

Thank you notes, birthday cards etc - anything that needs mailed, get it sent. 250pts

Make it pretty - rearrange furniture if needed, make/hang/etc photos, wall art, etc. Add candles or a new throw pillow. 150pts/room

Declutter the decluttered - all that stuff you cleared out of everywhere else? Get it actually gone! Donate it or list and sell it. 300pts

Create your Challenge - what project has been on your to-do list forever? A small remodeling project? Paint touch ups? Building a bookshelf? Whatever it is, let's move it to the done list. 300pts, and if the project falls into another challenge as well, take both sets of points

Piles of Papers - get those papers under control. Clean out files and sort all the piles. Shred the stuff you don't need, file the stuff you do. Create a filing system that works for you, check Pinterest for some great ideas. Make sure vital docs are in a fire safe or safety deposit box. If you have a household binder, also check that emergency contacts, medical info, etc is up to date for each member of the family. 50pts/5min
Bonus 300pts for creating and sharing your filing system.

Photos - make sure they are all backed up in at least 2 spots, prints are framed or in albums, scrapbooking done - 250pts

Fun Stuff! 250pts ea, repeat as often as you want! Should (mostly) be done with kids or as a family.
Nature walk
Springtime craft
Go to the park
Go to the zoo
Go Geocaching
Decorate for Easter
Help kids start seeds
Have friends over
Go out for coffee by yourself or with a friend
Get your nails/hair done
Plan a family/friends get together
Get involved with your community - volunteer, take a class, pick up the park...
Set up birdhouse or birdfeeder
Extra 50pts if you share photos of the birds
Join a photo a day challenge, K/CAL, or some other fun challenge

Don't forget to count points for things dh and dc do too! :heart

MomtoJGJ
03-11-2013, 08:37 AM
can we just use the same template from last week? except save it as week two? I haven't looked at the spoilers :) I just don't really know how to do this stuff, haha.

ETA: I think I figured it out

easygoinmomma
03-11-2013, 08:40 AM
:cup

MomtoJGJ
03-11-2013, 08:44 AM
One more question... on any dishes done... is that 20pts per load or just 20pts per day if you've done dishes?

DragonfliiMama
03-11-2013, 09:23 AM
The spreadsheet has a separate tab for each week already in it. Dishes, I've always read that as 20 pts for the day if you get any dishes done, plus an additional 20 pts per load done by hand.

JustMandy
03-11-2013, 12:38 PM
The spreadsheet has a separate tab for each week already in it. Dishes, I've always read that as 20 pts for the day if you get any dishes done, plus an additional 20 pts per load done by hand.

Oops, I've always done it for each full dishwasher load.

DragonfliiMama
03-11-2013, 02:37 PM
Well, after doing 18 loads of laundry last week, I don't think 5pts/step is nearly enough. Maybe for wash/dry, but not for folding or putting away. So I am totally fine with counting points per load of dishes. Plus, this is just my opinion, but I tried to reflect it in the points I assigned to the challenges - I think the things that are hardest or most important should have the highest points. I would totally count dishes among that, for sure. I mean, it's a little thing IF you can manage to stay on top of it, but I know for a lot of us, it gets out of control soooo fast. It's a big impact chore, and i think the points should reflect that, you know?

mamamonkey
03-14-2013, 04:55 AM
The points value and how we count them have always fluxed with each HBC. I always have to giggle some b/c we are SO concerned with how we count points and if we are doing it "right" (hey, I'm here too, I'm a big fat SJ! :mrgreen) It all works out in the end and I have NEVER done one where anyone has "abused" the points system. :heart

ETA: I am trying to join this week after last week's nasty stomach bug. Amii, I emailed you my spreadsheet link.

DragonfliiMama
03-14-2013, 05:31 PM
I got the email, will get you added in by the end of the night.

I've decided that if something counts in more than one category, I'm counting it all. Like clearing off the kitchen table - that's kitchen clutter, a hotspot, and time spent tidying up. I'm totally counting it for all 3 things. :shifty Because in the end, it isn't really about who has the most points or how many points we have at all. The real prize is the blessing to ourselves and our families, and the real winners is all of us. The points are just a motivational tool, and encouragement that even when it feels like we aren't getting much done, we do more than we think. :heart So as far as I'm concerned, if it helps keep you motivated, milk those points for all they're worth and don't worry about counting them exactly the same way everyone else is. :tu

pirandellian
03-15-2013, 08:16 AM
Glad I'm not the only "points milker".

And hopefully the next few days will see a lot of stuff! I'm feeling good today, so I'm getting stuff done in spurts (with rests inbetween, darn preggo hips). Hopefully DH will get some stuff done today when I'm at work before he comes in.

easygoinmomma
03-20-2013, 08:12 AM
Is anyone still playing?

JustMandy
03-20-2013, 08:23 AM
I am in my head. :shifty

Maybe I'll go add up points. :giggle

DragonfliiMama
03-20-2013, 08:35 AM
Yeah, I haven't really been tracking points this week. I should probably attempt to figure out at least some of what I've done. :doh

mamamonkey
03-20-2013, 01:15 PM
I am, I just need to update my spreadsheet for this week.

easygoinmomma
03-20-2013, 01:55 PM
I am falling behind. The boys got sick and now I have it and just don't have any energy. :(

easygoinmomma
03-26-2013, 06:55 AM
:cheer:cheer:cheer

Ok, ladies, it is time to get cracking! I have fallen behind in my cleaning with me and the littles getting sick and then having dh home because of snow days and after being stuck at home for two weeks we got out two days in a row. My house is sending out an S.O.S. :giggle And since Easter is this weekend we will be gone. So I need to get my house in shape, plan things for this weekend (it is my mom's birthday and dh's birthday and of course Easter ;)), and I need to continue getting the basement ready because I am sure we will have water down there again. :(

DragonfliiMama
03-26-2013, 07:25 AM
:doh Should have posted link to new thread (http://gentlechristianmothers.com/community/showthread.php?t=477158).

easygoinmomma
03-26-2013, 07:32 AM
Oops. I never even looked for it. :O