PDA

View Full Version : Being realistic about cleaning

kimberly569
02-27-2013, 06:44 PM
So trying to be realistic about my house cleaning. First, my situation. I homeschool our children, our house is 3000 sq feet(one level and full finished basement), and I have some health problems that cause frequent pain and fatigue.

Ok, so I really like the house to be clean and tidy, but I am having trouble getting there. The kids are getting older, and really starting to be a big help with laundry, dishes, picking up:rockon. However, I still feel like the house isn't clean enough. Like just the basics exhaust me. So, if you are still reading:D, how much daily cleaning (time) do you spend on the house to accomplish vacuuming, dusting, laundry, linens, and everything else to get it all done every week? I feel like I can do school or house, but not both.

Thanks

mamamonkey
02-27-2013, 07:53 PM
I try to do 1 hour a day split up into 20 minute bursts. Some days, I'll get in a groove and get a lot more than that done. And, I don't do everything every week. For instance, I clean tubs/showers every other week. The rest of the bathroom (ideally) gets cleaned every week. Laundry is an ongoing chore.

What helped me immensely was to make up a schedule of things that needed to be done weekly, monthly, and daily. Then I put the daily tasks on every day, one or two weekly tasks/day (changing sheets, cleaning tub/shower on the every other week, some kitchen stuff) and then I made a schedule for each week (1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th) and split the monthly things onto those weeks. For instance, 1st week ceiling fans got dusted, etc.

kimberly569
02-27-2013, 09:09 PM
I definitely think I need a schedule. I made one before, but it was unrealistic. The 1 hour broken into 20 minutes at a time seems way more doable than my crazy list. What I want to happen and what I am capable of doing sometimes doesn't quite match:hissyfit

Trying to meet in the middle.
Thanks for the input.