PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone doing a SHBC?

Cat
02-25-2013, 11:44 AM
I'd love to join if anyone is up to doing one.

StoryOfGrace
02-25-2013, 12:35 PM
:popcorn

easygoinmomma
02-25-2013, 04:01 PM
I need a hbc!

blondie
02-25-2013, 04:05 PM
:popcorn Never done one before.

greenleafknitter
02-25-2013, 04:29 PM
what's an HBC? All I can think of is hormonal birth control. :giggle

blondie
02-25-2013, 04:34 PM
Home Blessing Challenge.

greenleafknitter
02-25-2013, 04:37 PM
Ah gotcha! :giggle So what does that mean exactly?

blondie
02-25-2013, 05:20 PM
I'm not sure. LOL I think you earn points for doing big projects around the house, then there's a winner or something. :shrug

StoryOfGrace
02-25-2013, 06:29 PM
:yes Basically. A list is provided with points for each task accomplished. You try and do as many of them each day as you can, other tasks are a once a week accomplishment, still others are a one time thing. At the end of the week all the points are tallied.
In a nutshell. :tu

greenleafknitter
02-25-2013, 06:45 PM
That sounds like fun. I'm game.

Cat
02-26-2013, 04:46 AM
It's motivating cleaning when you know others are doing the same thing.:lol

mamamonkey
02-26-2013, 06:41 AM
I'd like to do one too. (but I don't want to lead it. :bag)

DragonfliiMama
02-26-2013, 08:26 AM
I've got a google doc spreadsheet here (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ApZNN8YJREkndDRzbnJLM0xfX2xUcnkwNVlxcmlIa 0E#gid=0) that is set up to automatically track points for all the daily and weekly chores. You just enter the points and everything is color coded and automatically tallies points. You'll need to save your own copy to be able to use it. I do NOT have any of the weekly challenges entered since those are different every time. I can also set up a page to automatically grab everyones weekly totals off their separate sheets, for anyone that sends me the link to their sheet. If we want to set up a collection of challenges from the beginning and everyone just choose their own challenge off the list each week, then I can add the challenges into the spreadsheet as well. And I think I could run it then, too, since it would really just be a matter of posting totals and starting the weekly threads.

Kiara.I
02-26-2013, 10:00 AM
Thank you! And thank you for just teaching me a whole bunch of new stuff that Drive could do! :giggle :tu

Daria_Aleksandrovna
02-26-2013, 10:11 AM
I miss it! I was expecting one coming up later, like Spring HBC one.

:popcorn

DragonfliiMama
02-26-2013, 10:18 AM
:giggle Most of it I figured out just by playing around in the spreadsheet, but I did have to look up how to pull info from entirely different spreadsheets. And then start pulling my hair out before finally figuring out that the reason it wasn't working is b/c you can't have any spaces in the names of each individual page. :doh Speaking of which, I think I need to fix that. :think

JustMandy
02-26-2013, 10:32 AM
I was *just* thinking today that I would really love a HBC! So are we starting one? Did Amii volunteer? :shifty

DragonfliiMama
02-26-2013, 10:55 AM
:giggle I guess I did. I'm thinking if we can brainstorm the challenges this week, then I'll add them to the spreadsheet and we can start next week? I'm thinking 1-2 work challenges and 1 fun challenge per week - so we need a total of at least 6-12 of each type. Start throwing out what you want to see!

Mt. Laundry
Garden planning/prep
Garden planting
Switch out winter/summer wardrobes (per person)
Declutter Double - extra points for extra decluttering
Easter planning
Freshen Up - wash windows, open windows to air out, do something to make at least one room in your house feel fresh and lively
Clean Car - beyond just picking up, use the warmer weather to be really thorough inside and out, including carseats
Clean Kitchen - clean out fridge/freezer/cupboards, (re)organize if necessary, anything that needs doing that you don't do in your weekly cleaning
Garage/storage area/outside toys
Porch/Deck/Mudroom/Entryway

Nature walk
Springtime craft
Day at the park
Day at the zoo
Geocaching

StoryOfGrace
02-26-2013, 07:11 PM
"Geocaching" :rockon

DragonfliiMama
02-28-2013, 08:43 AM
No one else has any ideas for challenges? Come on people! I just have a tiny little apartment, I can't think of everything you gals with actual houses need to do!

easygoinmomma
02-28-2013, 01:29 PM
I think with the carseat too we should be checking that our kids aren't too big for them anymore and expiry dates.

Switch out bedding (get rid of the winter stuff)
Double Dusting points
Bring out and clean the outdoor "stuff" (tables, chairs, toys, ect)

Decorate for Easter
Start seeds inside with little ones
Invite friends over
Go out for coffee by yourself or with a friend
Get your nails/hair done

justbreathe
02-28-2013, 01:56 PM
Baseboards and light switches - points per room
major laundry room/mud room cleanout
write thank you notes every day for a week

plan a family/friends get together

find a community project to do with your kids

JustMandy
03-01-2013, 02:48 PM
Clean porch/carport/deck etc.
Finish the chicken coop....:shifty No? That's just me then? ;)
Read the magazines that come in the mail.
rearrange a room.
Make/put up/rearrange wall art/photos etc.
Donate/List and sell unused items.

StoryOfGrace
03-01-2013, 04:09 PM
Complete small house remodel projects?
Or touch up paint throughout the house?

:shifty I'm not so great at thinking these things up...honestly, if I'd do everything on the usual list, my house would be in great shape! :giggle

Daria_Aleksandrovna
03-02-2013, 08:58 AM
Home repair was all I could think of.

Cat
03-02-2013, 08:59 AM
Our computer crashed so I may miss this. Is it starting Monday? Will the list be up this weekend? I'll try to check in when I can. :(

DragonfliiMama
03-02-2013, 09:15 AM
I'm planning on making a few tweaks to the spreadsheet and adding in the challenges sometime today or tomorrow, and the thread will be posted tomorrow. The current version of the spreadsheet is here (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ApZNN8YJREkndDRzbnJLM0xfX2xUcnkwNVlxcmlIa 0E#gid=0) - if nothing else, you can print that off and work from that until your computer gets fixed. :hug

DragonfliiMama
03-03-2013, 12:32 PM
Thread (http://gentlechristianmothers.com/community/showthread.php?p=5171415#post5171415) is up!