PDA

View Full Version : If you own a ninja blender...

Cat
02-25-2013, 11:03 AM
...which one do you have? I was looking at the combo blender/food processor. Is that good?

Lady TS
02-25-2013, 11:22 AM
:popcorn

We're in the market for a blender for smoothies.... though not necessarily able to purchase the coveted Vitamix.

Wondering whether to get this one or just spring for a cheaper one.

MiriamRose
02-25-2013, 11:35 AM
I've been wondering about this too...I'd really like a Blendtec, but I've been wondering if the Ninja would make satisfactory green smoothies and be a decent workhorse food processor.

klpmommy
02-25-2013, 11:38 AM
I like my ninja. I use it for smoothies mostly. It works well. It takes more steps to make a smoothie and I peel everything, but the kids enjoy them.

I got mine at Target for under $40.

Drew
02-25-2013, 11:42 AM
I have this one http://www.costco.com/Ninja%E2%84%A2-Kitchen-System-1100.product.100008753.html and so far all I've done is make smoothies in it. I, however, don't peel anything so it's a quick job. :giggle I like it well enough so far, but I'm not ruling out a Vitamix to do a side-by-side comparison.

Cat
02-25-2013, 11:44 AM
I have this one http://www.costco.com/Ninja%E2%84%A2-Kitchen-System-1100.product.100008753.html and so far all I've done is make smoothies in it. I, however, don't peel anything so it's a quick job. :giggle I like it well enough so far, but I'm not ruling out a Vitamix to do a side-by-side comparison.

That's what I was looking at, that combo. I want to do smoothies and have a food processor. The price and size seem perfect for me.

Auroras mom
02-25-2013, 06:11 PM
...which one do you have? I was looking at the combo blender/food processor. Is that good?

I just got that one, the Ninja Mega Kitchen System, Professional, 1500 W, 2 HP engine. :)
http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?SKU=40517957 You can order it directly from Ninja for about 180, or get on sale/w/ couplon from BBB or Kohl's for about 180.
Don't get the lower horsepower/wattage, in my opinion.

I luuuuurv it.

I make smoothies (which are really especially awesome and creamy in the singel serve containers, this weekend made mango salsa and regular spicy tomato salsa int he food processor. It's easy, and the envy of my friends and family.

Drew
02-25-2013, 06:56 PM
I just got that one, the Ninja Mega Kitchen System, Professional, 1500 W, 2 HP engine. :)
http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?SKU=40517957 You can order it directly from Ninja for about 180, or get on sale/w/ couplon from BBB or Kohl's for about 180.
Don't get the lower horsepower/wattage, in my opinion.

I luuuuurv it.

I make smoothies (which are really especially awesome and creamy in the singel serve containers, this weekend made mango salsa and regular spicy tomato salsa int he food processor. It's easy, and the envy of my friends and family.

Hmmm... I didn't realize it came in different wattages. I may have chosen differently had I known. That said, mine crushes ice without a problem and makes smoothies like a champ so I'm happy.

Johns_Gal
02-25-2013, 06:58 PM
I have one and am ehh about it. DH bought me a food processor for CHristmas and I now cry at the time I spent trying to make hummus, nut meal, etc in the ninja.

It makes good green smoothies, for sure. Mine's a little defective I think, because the main jar's blade doesn't always stay in place when it's running. It gets off center and tries to drill holes in the lid.

Drew
02-25-2013, 07:01 PM
I have one and am ehh about it. DH bought me a food processor for CHristmas and I now cry at the time I spent trying to make hummus, nut meal, etc in the ninja.

It makes good green smoothies, for sure. Mine's a little defective I think, because the main jar's blade doesn't always stay in place when it's running. It gets off center and tries to drill holes in the lid.

Ack! Did it always do that?

peekaboomama
02-25-2013, 07:13 PM
We just bought an 1100 a few weeks ago and so far I'm thrilled. My DH makes smoothies every day and they're great. We've done hummus and cashew butter, too. The hummus was perfect. The butter was a little lumpy, but I didn't go very long before adding the oil (it was my first try).

I doubt I'll use the dough features since I have a kitchenaid. DH tried tortilla dough in it and it just didn't work well, but that was a really stiff dough.

Cat
02-26-2013, 04:42 AM
Thank you, this was very helpful!