PDA

View Full Version : Donating toys - ideas?

Domina
02-21-2013, 07:50 AM
It's that time again...we're going through old toys and bagging up lots and lots to donate.

We'd like to bless our state agency that has been so SUPER AWESOME about providing needed therapy for Sumo, but they contract out with therapists - the state agency itself doesn't need the toys.

The therapists, however, are barred from accepting "gifts" from us. Even though they usually have to buy their own toys at yard sales and thrift stores. :sigh

Any ideas on how we can give back?

Aerynne
02-21-2013, 07:54 AM
Can you have a "yard sale" in the back of your trunk when you go there and sell the toys at 10 for a penny?

If you're looking for other people to give to, fire departments and police stations (at least around here) take stuffed animals and dolls to give to kids who have been displaced by fires, etc.

3boysforme
02-21-2013, 08:08 AM
I bring them to our daycare and they are very appreciative. I also bring clothes there too, they either give it to a kid in need or keep them as extra clothes for when a kids has an accident and no change of clothes.

Can I tell you how many times my own child has come home in clothes I donated because I forgot to put extra clothes in his backpack:shifty :bag

LilacPhoenix
02-21-2013, 09:51 AM
:think Do you have a women's shelter nearby?

silverlining
02-21-2013, 09:59 AM
Your therapists might know of families that are in need of toys and could pass them on anonymously.

WaitPatientlyOnTheLord
02-21-2013, 03:50 PM
We have an adolescent maternity home here where they are happy to receive donations of toys. :heart

Also, a lot of Crisis Pregnancy Centers need donations to give out to needy moms too.