PDA

View Full Version : DH will be home everyday...

Keeper-of-Mr.Monks
02-20-2013, 07:40 AM
Pray that i can keep up the house work it all seems to fall apart when he's home and that drives me crazy! Oh and i need to start liking cooking cuz i don't :shifty

gardenfreshmama
02-20-2013, 07:46 AM
I feel your pain. My dh just came off a 3-mo sabbatical (Nov/Dec/Jan) and while it was wonderful in some ways, it was difficult in others. It was hard getting into any kind of routine with him there, and I had a hard time doing housework if he wasn't or whatever.

Will your dh be working from home or is he off work? What will he be doing to keep himself busy? It would probably be helpful for you guys to work out a daily schedule and establish what housework is expected of each of you.

Can he help you with the cooking? I don't like it either. :shiver

chasingbutterflies
02-20-2013, 07:51 AM
I recommend sitting down before he is home all day and divvying up the chores/cooking/whatever else needs to be done. That way you both go into it knowing what to expect. It is so much easier than figuring all that out after someone is resentful/there's been an argument about it. :shifty

Keeper-of-Mr.Monks
02-20-2013, 08:29 PM
His work hours will vary but its out of the home and he does cook some but him doin chores BAHAHAHA!!!! He will take garbage out and mix baby formula carry clean laundry to the bed for me to fold thats about it

Keeper-of-Mr.Monks
02-20-2013, 08:29 PM
Oh and picking things up seems foreign to him