PDA

View Full Version : Feeling Mundane...Monday To-Do/5 Minute Challenge

ValiantJoy07
02-18-2013, 08:12 AM
I can't find a post for this yet today...

I need help. The house is a wreck. And I want :cookie and :cake and :icecream and stickers for cleaning today. :snooty

I don't wanna. I am having a bad SAD day + week of an anniversary and struggling.

I will be back with my to do list.

backtobasicsmum
02-18-2013, 08:14 AM
I'll give you :star for checking stuff off your to-do list today. :giggle :wink

Today is a holiday (Family Day), so I won't be on as much.

Pretty much normal stuff around here.

We've done breakfast, morning chores, light box time and coffee for me. My kitchen is pretty disasterous and I have a big pile of clean laundry to fold.

ValiantJoy07
02-18-2013, 08:20 AM
I get a :cookie (I wish real, but the virtual ones make me a little happy) for every job. And toight I am going out alone as a reward. ETA: I'll take a :star too ;)

To DO

load the dishwasher

wash a pot

wash a pan

wash a crock pot :sick

wash a pan

clean the batter bowl

:sigh because DH did nothing in the kitchen all weekend except bake and make a giant mess :hissyfit

:yawn

I have 3 laundry baskets of kids stuff in the bedroom that just got piled up. that need to be put away... I took the weekend off from cleaning. Why do I do this to myself? :doh

Also Exercise. I think that will really help this bad mood.

blondie
02-18-2013, 08:53 AM
I'm here. I need to get some coffee, and get H into a fresh diaper.

I have a ton of laundry to wash/fold/putaway.

Our dishwasher is still broken. DH has been trying so hard to fix the part, but today at lunch he's going to call around and see if he can get a new one. :nails I might be handwashing some dishes today so we can eat. Almost EVERY one of our usual dishes is dirty. :(

I also am hoping to take my mom's closet rejects to the resale shop and try to get some $$.

Kid's toys are everywhere. Basement countertop is a wreck. :think I'm sure I'll find more. Today is gonna be wild! :cheer

StoryOfGrace
02-18-2013, 09:21 AM
I have a ton of real :cookies and muffins here because I was expecting company this morning, but they had to cancel last night...good thing they weren't homemade :giggle
I'd love to share them with you!! :heart

So far I've:
Done breakfast (:cookie included :shifty)
Washed and flipped a load
Changed nearly half a dozen diapers
Cooked up 4+ lbs of ground beef

Still need to:
Divide and freeze grnd bf
Wash 1 more load of laundry
Fold and put away all laundry
Load dishwasher
Vacuum all rooms
Mop?
Paint one wall in the Laundry room :dance

I'm sure there is more, but that will do for now! :lol

blondie
02-18-2013, 09:31 AM
Started a load in the washer, re-started a load of diapers.
Cleaned up the bar/counter a bit
Gave a snack to the girls - which they then spilled and walked on :giggle
I've got about half the basement toys cleaned up. We let them have some stuff they usually don't have and they made a MESS! I'm trying to get it all put back together and sealed up.
Fixed the couch cushions- DH ripped them all up looking for his phone today. I TOLD him where it was, but he didn't pay attention. It wasn't in the couch. :haha

ValiantJoy07
02-18-2013, 09:34 AM
Well I did 30 minutes of cardio 100 squats, 30 lunges, and some gentle arm and ab work. My body feels very relaxed...and I feel less frustrated. I showered, fed the kids a snack, and now nursing baby down for her nap.

My next goal is to load the dishwasher and put the older 2 down for rest time. Hoping to nap myself. :yawn but I will probably just curl up with I Love Lucy and my knitting.

:think I am thinking about motivating myself by cleaning /reorganizing a cupboard that is annoying me....that often gets he cleaning juices flowing..maybe?

blondie
02-18-2013, 09:40 AM
I love throwing random organizing missions into my usual cleaning. It's like a rocket boost. :thumbsup Especially if it's a 5 minute job that is super gratifying.

:nak as O pulls out the toys I just put away. I should be annoyed, but I'm not. :hearts Going to stay calm today.

I'll be bumping here a lot. :shifty I'm gonna need you guys today.

Niphredil
02-18-2013, 10:18 AM
Oh man. The Monday AM house. :shiver

Laundry started
Got a jump on coralling the random stuff *everywhere*
Kids are eating eggs and bagels talking in ridiculous french accents.

Leaving for the Y in at 10:15. My hope is to have all the floors and surfaces in the main area picked up, kitchen and bathroom wiped, and everyone dressed in the next hour. Can I do it?

blondie
02-18-2013, 10:19 AM
Nifferdoodle! :jump

I've transitioned to the upstairs. Downstairs isn't done yet, but my baby was getting bored down there. Now she's eating peas and I'm going to wash about 15 minutes worth of dishes. I can't handle this. My WHOLE kitchen is covered in dirty dishes. I can't leave it until the dishwasher is fixed. :no

Getting some music going.

Daria_Aleksandrovna
02-18-2013, 10:22 AM
Great cardio work!

:popcorn for now before I get back

blondie
02-18-2013, 10:32 AM
My mom called, I must have sounded frantic, LOL, she's coming to help with dishes. :rockon

Niphredil
02-18-2013, 10:39 AM
Good morning my pink haired KT love! :smooch

Cleared kitchen counters
LR is 95% picked up
Cleared DR table
Kids did 20

blondie
02-18-2013, 10:53 AM
Did a half hour on my dish mess - going to keep going. I got through both sinkfuls, and now attacking the stuff stacked on the counter.

My mom is bringing lunch. :rockon

StoryOfGrace
02-18-2013, 10:54 AM
I'll be bumping here a lot. :shifty I'm gonna need you guys today.

Bring it! :rockon
I'm right there with ya...

Played blocks with DS
Picked up said blocks
Ate a cookie
Now picking up books and random objects so that I can vacuum...

blondie
02-18-2013, 11:00 AM
Eating peas out of a ziplock baggie with a baby spoon. :haha

---------- Post added at 12:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:59 AM ----------

That was too slow and O was like "WHY are you eating outta there?" Now I have my peas in a mug.

Niphredil
02-18-2013, 11:01 AM
DR all picked up
Laundry swapped and restarted
Bar cleared

Next up? Vacuum!! :dance

greenleafknitter
02-18-2013, 11:04 AM
:nak2

I really don't wanna do anything today. :snooty But I've gotta at least do some laundry, change sheets, and vacuum. :(

I'm gonna get busy once A finishes his snack.

Niphredil
02-18-2013, 11:28 AM
LR is vacuumed. Getting the kidlets dressed and out the door. :dance

Thrilled at the amount I got done in an hour. :woohoo

blondie
02-18-2013, 12:28 PM
Got the peas swept up. Got O to clean up and put away some stuff, just a few dishes left to wash. :rockon

---------- Post added at 01:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:48 PM ----------

Switched laundry, hung my hanging stuff, Still trying to recover the kitchen + clean up the lunch mess. Losing a little steam, I think I ate some MSG. :doh Just keep swimming... :D

---------- Post added at 01:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:15 PM ----------

Put away 2 loads of laundry. DH MIGHT have the dishwasher fixed. :rockon

ValiantJoy07
02-18-2013, 01:07 PM
fed girls lunch... rest time meltdown because dd2 woke up dd3 :( over-tired baby FTW. :doh

nursed dd3... gave girls their vitamins... made girls a snack...

Ok I'm going to go do ONE thing to improve the house. ONE. DH is coming home "early" (he usually doesn't get home until 6:30 or later but can be home as soon as 5:15 if he doesn't put in his over time)...He'll be home in a few short hours.

I really want to care about the state of the house just so tired and blah. :(

I guess no :cookie s for me :shifty

:star i did laundry stuff earlier :cheer :)

MercyInDisguise
02-18-2013, 01:28 PM
I'm back from vacation. :-/

vacuum living room
wash towels
clean toilets
quiet time
clean fridge drawers
clean up kitchen
unpack

Niphredil
02-18-2013, 02:02 PM
45 minutes on the treadmill
Played short order chef for lunch
Rebooted dryer

Scarfing before OT.

ValiantJoy07
02-18-2013, 02:38 PM
Well... I cleaned up the girls room :star :crazy and vacuumed it :star...I got 2 of the 3 baskets emptied and put away:star...got the living room picked up and dining room table cleared/wiped:star:star...kitchn,lr,dr vacuumed and a load of laundry done:star:star.:rockon

kitchen is still a disaster...I feel like I have been doing all the kitchen stuff (cleaning wise) i don't mind doing most of it...But t is dhs turn...I am done catching up like crazy on monday because he decided to bake like crazy (for fun) but got too tired to clean up afterwards.:-/
:snooty

:cookie:cookie:cookie:cookie:cookie:cookie:yum

StoryOfGrace
02-18-2013, 02:47 PM
Well, DD didn't nap well, so haven't gotten near as much done during nap time as I was hoping to. :-/

Divided and froze ground bf
Vacuumed two rooms
Painted some of the laundry room
Other general pick up