PDA

View Full Version : Do i need to call MW? groin pain

dakotablue
02-17-2013, 10:34 AM
I have what I believe to be a swollen lymph node in my groin. The two lumps are on either side between my leg and the area between vagina and tush.

One side really really hurts (right) like sitting upright is painful, but most painful is pushing downward when going to the bathroom.

My Lochia has also turned bright red again, but isn't leaking onto pad (just a lot when I wipe)

Is this normal? I mean I've had children before (LadyBug was born on the 9th) but maybe I missed these symptoms before because of everything else going on down there?

I don't have a fever, I barely had any swelling before and none now from birth, no tears or anything and barely bled at the birth.

I feel weird calling because its Sunday. I'm afraid the answer will be something like, You just gave birth to a baby what do you expect? (not that my MWs are mean or anything I just hate to bother them) But regular office hours aren't until Tuesday. AND they did just see me on Wednesday (but I was fine then)

I'm 99% sure its a lymph node and not hernia (due to shape and mirror image) and I gotta admit I'm a little freaked out int that I don't want anything to be wrong that would take me away from my baby girl. :-/

Auroras mom
02-17-2013, 10:37 AM
I would call her. That symptom seems unusual to me (maybe a mild infection?), but if it is normal, she will be able to reassure you.

cindergretta
02-17-2013, 11:38 AM
Call. :hug It sounds "off" to me, regardless. But even if it didn't, your peace of mind is important. PP is a critical time - worrying about something without reassurance is not conducive to a lovely baby moon. :heart

rheadeja
02-17-2013, 11:55 AM
I'd suggest calling - so hard to assess without knowing the story and what the state of your perineum was after the birth!

I wouldn't be upset to get a call about that at a reasonable time of day - don't wait until it's worse or still bugging you at night...

:)

dakotablue
02-19-2013, 10:11 AM
:hug2

Thanks
I called on Sunday. I just haven't been on here to update. It was awesome because unlike talking to most doctors who ignore your ability to think she actually listened to my evaluation. She knew exactly which lymph node it was. She said baring any fever the best thing is rest and heat to get the area 'flowing.'

I haven't had any other symptoms so I'm not too worried. Heat definitely helps. It seems better today. I guess just watch and see. :shrug3

(I am a bit worried about increase in bleeding, but at 1 week PP I can't see it being odd)

rheadeja
02-19-2013, 01:29 PM
Increased bleeding is *usually* a sign that you're doing too much! I see you have 2 other little ones......are you really resting as much as you should be? ;)

dakotablue
02-19-2013, 05:43 PM
Increased bleeding is *usually* a sign that you're doing too much! I see you have 2 other little ones......are you really resting as much as you should be? ;)

:shifty Sadly, yes. Dh has been home (though going back to work tomorrow) and I've spent probably 80-90% of my day in bed.

The baby nurses a lot...so maybe that has something to do with it. :shrug3

Today it seems more and I passes a clot last night. Yesterday I was only out of bed for maybe 3-4 hours. :-/

Starting tomorrow I won't be able to lay about...