PDA

View Full Version : help ! My eczema is really itchy!!

WildFlower
02-10-2013, 07:59 PM
what should I put on it that will actually make it feel better? It's only dry skin eczema. I only get it in the winter when my hands are dry. Never any other time. I have a small round patch on my knuckle and it's driving me crazy. I tried vaseline and it makes it itch MORE!!:shiver
any remedies to make it feel better?

Calee
02-10-2013, 08:04 PM
My son's allergist swears by Cristco. Put the Crisco on and then cover-in this case, with gloves.

We've also done Coconut Oil with good results. Covering it will keep the moisture on the spots.

cobluegirl
02-10-2013, 08:49 PM
my favorite lotion is the Gold Bond Ultimate healing aloe lotion.

WildFlower
02-13-2013, 09:12 AM
I found some aveeno oatmeal eczema lotion I had in a drawer but hadn't used and tried that and it really helped! My hands feel better and it didn't burn or itch. The eczeme actually feels like it's drying up/healing now!

bec28
02-13-2013, 09:28 AM
I just bought neutragena daily moisturizer for exzema. I really like it. Helps the itch so much! Glad you found something that's working :hug

NavaNessa
02-16-2013, 04:54 PM
My little one had severe eczema to foods (which we've healed through diet change), but she also has dry skin eczema.
I make a cream from approximately 3/4 cup of melted beeswax (local to your area is best) and 1 cup of olive oil (more if you want a "melty" cream). Whip it as it cools and until it firms up.
Sometimes I add 100% pure therapeutic grade essential oils (very important that they are not perfume essential oils) - lavender, tea tree or frankincense (my favorite) :)

MommyKlein
02-19-2013, 12:09 PM
Shea Butter works really well for my dry hands in the winter time.