PDA

View Full Version : Is this just a stomach bug, or something more concerning?

everydaygrace
02-10-2013, 08:36 AM
My 2.5 yr old has what seems like a stomach flu for the second time in 10 days. The first time he laid around all day, wanted to nurse, etc. He threw up only the first 24 hrs and then had 3 days of not eating more than a bite here and there. He ate like a horse for 6 days and then started vomiting again during the night. He is hungry, and he has kept down Popsicles, a banana, and rice crispies with milk so far. Everything else he throws up even though he says he's hungry. He takes a bite and then doesn't want anymore. This time it's been about 36 hrs so far.

It seems weird to me that he has gotten this twice in such a short period. It also seems strange that no one else is getting it. My experience with stomach bugs is that they are very contagious and usually at least some others in the house get it if not everyone. Should I get him checked out? Is this some sort of symptom for a strange disease or something?

So, its weird to me

Aerynne
02-10-2013, 09:02 AM
At this point I wouldn't be concerned. He could have gotten two different stomach bugs or maybe he ate something bad (even if you all have eaten the same thing, you never know if he found a piece of old chicken under the dishwasher or something- toddlers find all kinds of stuff).

Although I will say my friend's son had something similar that came and went for a month and finally went away with antibiotics.

mamacat
02-10-2013, 09:10 AM
Have heard of other people saying they had a similar bug where throwing up reoccured a few days later.would give plain electrolyte water to help heal stomach lining and very easy foods like broth and rice.

---------- Post added at 04:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:09 PM ----------

Also getting some probiotics in

melliethepooh
02-10-2013, 09:13 AM
We had something like that this year. One stomach bug laid every single one of us out, another was just me. Repeats were random.