PDA

View Full Version : What To Do With Peppermint Bark?

mystweaver
02-05-2013, 07:11 PM
My very, very sweet husband bought be all the ghiradelli peppermint bark left in the store on his last day of work, because he knew I loved it and was sad it was going to be gone until next Christmas. He wanted me to have enough peppermint bark to make it through the entire year. :melting

My very, very oblivious husband didn't realize that baking bars and eating bars are two different things. :doh The bark doesn't taste bad. It just isn't exactly a treat. :giggle

So now I have a lot of peppermint bark to use somehow. I can freeze it, but it's never going to get eaten. I think I would eat a Hershy's bar before I ate this. :shifty

Aside from gifting it to equally oblivious people next Christmas, what can I do with it?

Beauty4Ashes
02-05-2013, 07:28 PM
Yum! Peppermint bark! I'm jealous. :shifty

Kiara.I
02-05-2013, 08:01 PM
Chop it into pieces and use it instead of chocolate chips. Use it on ice cream...

Wait, which do you have? Eating bark or baking bark?

Maleldil's daughter
02-05-2013, 08:02 PM
Is the difference that the baking bar is too thick and the flavor is too intense? Maybe you could melt it together with some chocolate and/or white chocolate to make your own eating peppermint bark.

mystweaver
02-05-2013, 08:26 PM
The difference is actually that the milk chocolate is waaaay too sweet (sweeter than their regular milk chocolate, and I'm a dark chocolate gal anyways), and that it's a little waxier and not as wonderful-perhaps for better melting?

I wonder how hard peppermint/chocolate fudge would be... :think

Aerynne
02-05-2013, 08:45 PM
You could melt it and pour it over popcorn- that is yummy!

Fudge would be good, as would fudge sauce for ice cream

And you can definitely chop it up and put it in cookies, especially chocolate cookies would be good for it.

Peridot
02-05-2013, 09:43 PM
did you say ghirardelli peppermint bark? Send it to MEEEEEEEE> :shifty :shifty :shifty

Iarwain
02-05-2013, 09:47 PM
Melt it and dip stuff in it like oreos or pretzels

hey mommy
02-05-2013, 10:17 PM
Send it to friends who want some.. :shifty :poke

teamommy
02-05-2013, 10:32 PM
I think I would make really dark chocolate, low-sweetener, brownies, and break it up into tiny chunks and mix it into the batter.

And then I would have one (or two) and give the rest away so I wouldn't be tempted. :shifty

I wonder if you could melt it into a cup of hot cocoa, or just melt it in hot milk and add some cocoa powder or some bittersweet baking bar to make it a little darker.