PDA

View Full Version : A mouse poo'ed on my mama cloth

Tandem mama
02-04-2013, 02:56 PM
would you throw it away? i think I am going to throw it away. How would you wash it if you were to keep it.

Iarwain
02-04-2013, 03:05 PM
I would just wash it in the usual fashion. Add some disinfectant or a soak in peroxide or bleach if you're totally grossed out but I wouldn't consider that essential.

klpmommy
02-04-2013, 03:17 PM
While my brain says Iarwain is right, I don't think I could ever wear that one again so I'd throw it away.

Tandem mama
02-04-2013, 03:44 PM
While my brain says Iarwain is right, I don't think I could ever wear that one again so I'd throw it away.

This is where I am at. They all got it...

ozmummy
02-04-2013, 05:21 PM
I'd just wash it and use it :shrug .

Isn't mouse poo just like pellets?

Iarwain
02-04-2013, 05:22 PM
Get a big bottle of peroxide at the store for a couple bucks. Saturate them thoroughly and let sit for an hour. That'll kill any germies that might be left behind and as a bonus should really help with any stains they might have. Peroxide is awesome stuff and safe for non-protein-based fabrics. It breaks down proteins producing only water and oxygen as it does so making it a very safe choice chemically and very effective as a disinfectant and nasty residue remover. Just don't use it on wool or silk because those are protein fibers. Think of it as blasting away the nastiness. That should help with the psychological side of it. It literally obliterates the ick, particularly ick of a biological nature.

But, yeah, mouse poo is dry. A good wash would almost certainly be plenty.

ThreeKids
02-04-2013, 05:31 PM
Why did I read that as moose?

Starfox
02-04-2013, 05:49 PM
Why did I read that as moose?

:roll

I did too!!!

Rabbit
02-04-2013, 05:51 PM
I am not washing moose poo.

But if it's a mouse, and it leaves no stains after washing, I could pretend it never happened.

Charity
02-04-2013, 08:27 PM
I read that as "I mouse pood" & wasn't sure if you went pellets or something similar to hair moose (so?)??!! Lollll!

Sent from my KFHD using Tapatalk

ThreeKids
02-04-2013, 08:33 PM
I was concerned that she was so ho hum about a moose penetrating her homestead's perimeter to that degree. The mama cloth stash might get as far away as the clothesline max.

---

According to your avi sig, your mice poop butterflies.

Tandem mama
02-05-2013, 07:32 AM
I was concerned that she was so ho hum about a moose penetrating her homestead's perimeter to that degree. The mama cloth stash might get as far away as the clothesline max.

---

According to your avi sig, your mice poop butterflies.

:haha

Mother of Sons
02-05-2013, 07:42 AM
Just throw it in the washing machine. It's really fine. We love in an old farm house. Mice come with the keys. It's gross but not dangerous.