PDA

View Full Version : Do You Love your Pots/Pans?

RealLifeMama
02-03-2013, 09:36 PM
I had to throw a saucepan today, and then when I was making lunch, I burned my hand on the handle of my skillet that is supposed to have handles that don't get hot. DH was there when it happened, so he said it was time for a new set of cookware, and to decide what I want by Valentine's Day.

I have no idea!

I just need saucepans and skillet type things, with lids. I don't need a dutch oven or things for soup/stew, etc. They need to be able to be hung from the pot rack that hangs from the ceiling.

What do you use and like? What do you not like?

staceylayne
02-03-2013, 09:41 PM
:cup

Aerynne
02-03-2013, 09:42 PM
Farberware rocks! I have my wedding set still (11 years later), and my mom still has and uses her wedding set (34 years later) and even has one piece of her mom's wedding set (It's been over 50 years but not sure exactly how long). Anyway- stainless steel and it lasts forever. Not nonstick, though. And I don't recommend their nonstick stuff- we had some of that and it didn't last too long. But their stainless steel is great!

blondie
02-03-2013, 09:43 PM
We have stainless steel and LOVE it. I *think* it's Martha Stewart brand from Kmart.

abbiroads
02-03-2013, 09:47 PM
yes. but mine is super awesome and is priced accordingly. fortunately, it was free for me. It is stainless steel, lifetime brand.

Soliloquy
02-03-2013, 11:01 PM
I have regular cast iron and Le Creuset. Love it.

mystweaver
02-03-2013, 11:08 PM
:popcorn

I'm replacing our cheap (teflon :shiver) pans soon, preferably with stainless steel. I still haven't decided if I want a standard set, or if I want to piecemeal it together with individual favorites.

ncsweetpea
02-03-2013, 11:17 PM
I have a set of KitchenAid Gourmet Distinctions. Have had for three or four years. I love them! They have nice, thick bottoms. I love glass lids. They go through the dishwasher or hand wash beautifully. They also have a nice slope shaped side which looks a little different.

My biggest complaint is that the skillets don't have designated lids as well. The medium sauce pan lid fits the medium skillet. They do make a nonstick skillet sold separately which we also had--and loved to death. It lasted about two years.

bliss
02-04-2013, 11:17 PM
I love Revere Ware :yes. It's copper-bottom stainless. It's just thick enough to avoid burning but not so thick water takes forever to boil :giggle.

tazmom
02-05-2013, 12:00 AM
My pots are stainless steel and my pans are cast iron. I don't know what brand , but I got them at Walmart. I pieced together what I wanted so I would have exactly what I need and nothing I don't.

Daria_Aleksandrovna
02-05-2013, 04:19 AM
I love my Greenpan pans. They are even less sticky than Teflon and incredibly easy to wash. I tried hard to love stainless but it's not as magic...

Auroras mom
02-05-2013, 10:34 AM
Antique cast iron and enamel-coated cast iron are my faves. I have replaced everything except my pancake griddle with them so far.

RealLifeMama
02-05-2013, 10:37 AM
Antique cast iron and enamel-coated cast iron are my faves. I have replaced everything except my pancake griddle with them so far.

I have thought about using cast iron. Are they super heavy? I am afraid that they would pull my ceiling down! (Especially since my kitchen is right under my boy's room, and the pot rack seems to be situated right under where their bunk beds are. Whenever the boys jump on the bed, the pots rattle like crazy!)

Soliloquy
02-05-2013, 10:56 AM
We hung LOTS of cast iron from our pot rack at our old house. :yes

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Elora
02-05-2013, 11:00 AM
I'm pining for Le Creuset

Teacher Mom
02-05-2013, 05:32 PM
Revere ware all the way!!!!

I have 10 pcs hanging on my wall as a display alone. PLUS I have 6, 8, 10, 12 quart pots.... at least I think that's the sizes.

All bought at thrift stores :tu I love them.

I wish I would have bought the stainless steel cookie sheets I had seen years ago, but I had never seen them before and didn't know any better.

I really, really like them.

I grew up with cast iron and I hate them. I hated having to wash them (as a teenager) and hated having to handle them. They are WAY too heavy for me. I must have some minor carpal tunnel in my wrists. I'm always afraid that I am going to drop a cast iron pan on my foot/toe. My husband has one pan and if I could make it disappear, I would.....:bag

NorwegianHippieOfThree
02-08-2013, 09:23 PM
I love Staub (enameld cast iron), waterless cookware (only great for pots),but their frying pans are great because they don't have the rivets on the inside of the pan. Food can get stuck in there and ruin the stainless steel. I need to get my hands on some cast iron pans tho.