PDA

View Full Version : Color "typing" for decorating

TraceMama
02-01-2013, 07:44 AM
This is a take-off from the 80's system of typing people by season, but it's been expanded to 16 options and here it's really about how to decorate :yes

Here's the quiz: http://yourcolorseason.com/quiz

I'd love to hear if the results are true for you and you tend to decorate and surround yourself with the colors she recommends :yes

:heart

Apple-Saucy
02-01-2013, 07:52 AM
I don't think my hair or eye color should at all influence how I choose to decorate my home...:shrug3

According to that I am a "winter" but fall colors appeal to me more. I love the warm rich colors in that palette. My furniture is chocolate brown My dishes are gold, blue, and green. all the same shades in the fall palette.:shrug3 Oh and DYT says I'm a T1 which would mean spring colors...:shrug. LOL

MrsHutch
02-01-2013, 08:04 AM
An online quiz where I can't just click the answers and it tallies them up for me?

Ain't nobody got time for that.

:shifty

I prefer to decorate with bright, fun, spring colors.

Starfox
02-01-2013, 08:06 AM
I wondered if I was doing something wrong with the clicking. :giggle

justbreathe
02-01-2013, 08:29 AM
I wasn't sure of my ideal in that quiz because I had such mixed results for the season, but it seemed like my best fit was Spring bright. I wasn't crazy about some of the paint colors, but the fabric swatches fit b/c I tend toward greens, yellows, and creams. I tend to like the brights for all the seasons. My Favorite of all was the Spring Bold, but it's not really my style.

---------- Post added at 10:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 AM ----------

Oh and DYT says I'm a T1 which would mean spring colors...:shrug. LOL

I thought T1 would be more summer. :think T2, spring, T3 fall, T4 winter. :shrug3:shrug3

backtobasicsmum
02-01-2013, 08:34 AM
Hmmmm.....

I answered mostly Summer with the questions, but clicking through all the color pallets, I'd choose colors more similar to either Spring or a few of the winter ones. I'm definitely not fall in my decorating. :no

And fwiw, when it comes to color typing like that for *people*, I'm strongly a cool winter. If that matters at all. :shifty

itzj
02-01-2013, 08:35 AM
Doesn't work on me. It put me with spring and I definitely don't use those. I prefer modern, mostly grays.

crunchymum
02-01-2013, 08:40 AM
Interesting! My results were spring with summer as a close second. :giggle

I tend towards light, warm colors when decorating. I love blues and greens in the warmer range. :yes right now most of my house is painted a light warm grey. :yes

rjy9343
02-04-2013, 06:00 AM
I took the quiz and scored two b's, two c's and two d's. So I all I know is that I have no sense of style in my home or dress. :giggle

Little Forest
02-04-2013, 06:14 AM
I scored mostly and Cs and those spring and summer palettes seem more "me." While I can appreciate the colors of the fall and winter, they definitely don't feel as "me."

That is a neat system here, I think. If I were looking to put a lot of time and effort and money into redecorating, I wouldn't mind using it.

TraceMama
02-04-2013, 07:04 AM
I thought my results were pretty interesting :yes I think I had 2 A's (winter), but the rest were D's (autumn), because I love the cozy comfyness of fall :O The colors suggested are actually those I've gravitated toward in decorating our home. :shrug3

BearyBlessed
02-04-2013, 10:57 AM
I scored 2 C's on the physical traits, but all the other ones were D. I think the summer palette was my favorite, with fall as the second.
I don't really have a decorating scheme or certain colors I use right now. :shifty Maybe someday!

Two Little Birds
02-04-2013, 11:04 AM
It says I should use fall. However, I use a lot of grey elements in my decorating. My blues are very grey and my kitchen/dining room is a deep purple with a lot of grey in it.

Elora
02-04-2013, 11:56 AM
I can't answer any of those questions :bag

The only thing close to decorating I've ever done is paint one wall in my living room, red. Everything else (walls, furniture, pictures, etc.) has been chosen by someone other than me.

I do have a comforter that I bought for my bed, so I guess that is kind of decorating? It's various shades of blue with some cool design along the bottom and on the shams. I would love to decorate my room around it, but I'm SUPER PICKY and bad at making decisions until I've seen everything and I don't feel like I have time enough to see everything and make the right decisions, so the comforter is still in the package and has been for a year. I would love some morrocan type pillows, curtains, rug and tangine or some other cool decor in complimenting colors...like magenta and purple and one of the shades of blue...but would like to stay away from orange *I THINK* ...but if it's only a small part orange and I could get all the other colors, the orange would be ok. OR else I'd be content to stick with various shades of blue and do more of a monochromatic thing

so there you go. In summary, I can't make decisions in order to take the test or make decisions in order to decorate.

charla
02-04-2013, 11:57 AM
Mine came out summer (1b, the rest c's). It's partly right for me but none of the color pallettes seem to fit me. :shrug3 I almost never decorate with beige. I don't like that color, except in rugs. I decorate mostly with white, lots of white, accented with chocolate brown, dark green, light blue, light and bright pink, and pops of light and dark purple. In fact every room in my house has a mix of those colors. The two rooms that have a different color mixed in with those above is the bathroom (with a bronzish color - which I don't really like but it is what it is :shrug3) and the dining room that has a pop of maroon - which I also don't like but it is what it is :shrug3). I picked up paint swatches at the store that represented the main colors used in my house. If I can find them, I'll take a pic of them and post them here.

Niphredil
02-04-2013, 12:01 PM
I got a pretty even mix of spring and summer. Pretty suiting. :yes

Auroras mom
02-04-2013, 02:40 PM
This was my profile:

If you chose mostly D, your season is FALL (http://yourcolorseason.com/paint).
Shades from nature, such as greens, burnt reds and oranges, as well as golden hues, predominate in fall palettes.

This is *exactly* how I decorate.