PDA

View Full Version : decluttering books- is it worth it to sell them at HalfPrice

klpmommy
01-31-2013, 05:47 PM
Title sums it up well. :)

I have an assortment of books I'd like to declutter. I can donate them or sell them at Half Price. Before I lug them to half price, I'm curious if anyone has any experience with it.

We get a ton of kid books at Half Price, so if they offer a store credit that is fine.

Bonnie
01-31-2013, 06:29 PM
They pay cash, and when I brought in a large bin full, I got $ well worth the trip. Like
$40 ish, iirc.

Quiteria
01-31-2013, 06:35 PM
I think they take donations of the ones they won't buy, too. (not sure if they recycle or ship them out to places that will use them...think it says on the website) So, IMO, unless you have a favorite charity, I would lug them, get whatever you can, let them handle the donation of whatever won't sell, and use the credit to let each child pick one new book to make up for the loss of boxfuls of old ones. Bonus if you get a decent amount...and if you don't, at least you accomplish the decluttering.

Proverbs31
01-31-2013, 07:10 PM
It beats throwing them out...someone else might enjoy them, and you might make enough to treat yourself to a coffee if you have a lot of books. :giggle It's NOT going to net you a substantial sum though.