PDA

View Full Version : Splenda

Tandem mama
01-28-2013, 08:12 AM
I need studies, info, etc on the risks/benefits etc of Splenda. Please!

Weezie
01-28-2013, 08:57 AM
bbl..

Earthmummy07
01-28-2013, 02:04 PM
:cup

Sonata
01-28-2013, 02:08 PM
I use it in my tea. So it's not a huge amount, but it's regular. (I drink a lot of tea!)

I'm sure it's not perfect, but it's also probably better than just about anything else. I don't want to add that much sugar to my diet -- and sugar is sugar, whether it's honey or anything else. And when I have my kind-of-sweet tea, it cuts my cravings for a lot of other things that would be a lot less healthy.

I know I'm not actually providing any research, but I have done some, it was just a while ago. that was my conclusion....

bclemons84
01-28-2013, 03:27 PM
I won't touch it with a 10 foot pole. I use Nunaturals Stevia white powder extract. It works GREAT! Too many side effects with Splenda.

GamGam007
01-29-2013, 11:27 PM
I have asked a few different doctors about Splenda, and just in general what sugar sweetener is 'the best'. They all said that Stevia is the best for us to have. They explained that Splenda has some things in it that aren't good for us, however Stevia is derived from a plant and is natural.

So, now I only use Stevia when needing a sweetener. Hope that helps. :)

Sonata
01-30-2013, 02:53 PM
It would help more if stevia didn't taste so strange. :yuck

I have tried and tried. Sometimes I can stand it. Sometimes it makes me gag, literally.

Soliloquy
01-30-2013, 04:59 PM
Splenda is BAD.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2003/11/08/splenda-dangers.aspx he summarizes some of the main research in this article.

You just have to google "splenda dangers" to get lots of hits.

It comes out of a laboratory. It's not food.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Tandem mama
01-30-2013, 06:48 PM
The reason I posted was because my sister swears up and down its ok because your body doesn't even digest it-it just passes through.therefore it is a good, healthy alternative. She also says the studies are bunk because they injected it into cells and there isn't any way for our cells to absorb it.

greendelight
01-30-2013, 08:07 PM
I'll try to find the article, but it basically said that yes, your body doesn't recognize it as food so it does pass thru. However, it also said that if your body did absorb it then it would kill you (something about the chlorine that its made of). That was enough for me!

Soliloquy
01-30-2013, 10:29 PM
Anything you cannot digest does you harm.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2