PDA

View Full Version : Little things to do for others?

angel_uk
01-27-2013, 04:51 AM
I want to do nice things for others - I know some people that are going through some tough times and I want them to know that I am thinking of them.

I don't have many ideas though!

I was thinking of getting some little pots of Spring bulbs and tying a pretty ribbon around them and making a label or card to go with it and then taking them to some of the older ladies I know.

I don't want to spend a lot of money really as I don't want people to feel uncomfortable or as though they need to do something in return. Just little things!

Do you have any suggestions? Or does it just sound crazy?!

Marrae
01-27-2013, 06:48 AM
The bulb bowl idea sounds lovely. I'm sure they would be appreciated.

Just dropping a nice card in the post to anyone you are thinking about is good too. I also do meals for families with illness, bereavement or new babies. I don't do any of these things as much as I want to really though as nowadays it does make people uncomfortable. :shrug. You need to know who would appreciate it. :hug

mamamonkey
01-27-2013, 09:23 AM
I think even just a little card with a handwritten note would be nice too. I know I always appreciate that someone took time out to actually write a little note, especially in this day of email and other electronic communication.

The spring flowers sound nice. Or even maybe just a cheery mug if they drink tea? Something that will just make them smile when they see it.

angel_uk
02-01-2013, 11:17 AM
I don't want people to feel like the "owe" me something - that is something I want to avoid.

I do like making birthday cards but hadn't thought about making other cards.

I thought about knitting some of those lacy type scarves or maybe doing some cross stitch cards / bookmarks.

Maleldil's daughter
02-02-2013, 03:19 PM
I like to make and receive homemade cards - or any cards, really. Also I love to give and receive some really small treat. If someone gives me a whole plate of cookies, I would feel obliged to reciprocate, but if someone gives me two from a batch they made their family, I just feel loved. My neighbors did that sort of thing all the time in Asia. In America we're not so good at it.

Transformed
02-02-2013, 08:18 PM
When I make a batch of cookies, I'll often take a few over to the neighbours - just be sure you know if there are any allergies before doing that!

angel_uk
02-03-2013, 04:32 AM
Hadn't thought of allergies!

I don't think people really do this sort of thing here in England either - I really want to though!

These might be useful -

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51c2Y-fM9SL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BVp2LJHSL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

One of the girls at work is really ill at the moment so I made up a pamper box with treats and face packs and nail treatments - she seemed to like it. And it was simple to make up!