PDA

View Full Version : Sheets!

JoyGal
01-26-2013, 09:57 AM
I'm looking for some lovely sheets. I have no idea what type of count or cotton. All I do know is that I want some that are like what my grandmother used to have and what I grew up with. Very good quality because they lasted forever (only I don't have them.) The kind that are smooth and soft and can be nice and crisp when fresh.

So far I haven't found the exact quality and texture I'm looking for. Ideas please :)

HuggaBuggaMommy
01-26-2013, 10:10 AM
I'm looking for some lovely sheets. I have no idea what type of count or cotton. All I do know is that I want some that are like what my grandmother used to have and what I grew up with. Very good quality because they lasted forever (only I don't have them.) The kind that are smooth and soft and can be nice and crisp when fresh.

So far I haven't found the exact quality and texture I'm looking for. Ideas please :)

Subbing because I'm curious, too. I *LOVE* my parents' sheets, the ones they received for their wedding shower in 1974. :jawdrop :giggle They are the perfect combination of soft and cool. I've yet to find anything like them, and I'm almost convinced it's because they're not made anymore. (I think I may "borrow" a set when I visit next time. :shifty They won't miss them; they use flannel in the winter.)

JoyGal
01-26-2013, 10:34 AM
Yes! All of ours were from the 70s as well! My grandmothers were from earlier I'm sure, though there could have been some newer 70s sets in there ;)

amydawn
01-27-2013, 10:32 AM
My favourite sheets are our IKEA ones. We have some basic cotton ones for the kid's/guest beds and then DH and I have a higher thread count set for our bed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Little Forest
01-27-2013, 11:40 AM
I have some old 70s sheets too. They don't seem to make them as they used to!
Posted via Mobile Device