PDA

View Full Version : When would take him to the doctor?

hey mommy
01-23-2013, 10:22 PM
Sammy has had a cough/runny nose and on/off fever since Saturday. The highest his fever got was 104. I gave him some Cold Calm and put coconut oil & thieves oil on his feet.

His cough is worse and is runny nose is a stuffy nose is worse now. He's been fever free for 24+ hours, but I don't think he's ready to go to daycare yet.

He's perked up today and isn't as tired as he has been. But he still has a wet cough and he was gagging a little when he was going to sleep. And his nose is super stuffed up and he's having trouble breathing. I'm going to put some coconut/euculyptus oil on him soon to help with that.

Any ideas?

mommapie
01-24-2013, 08:59 AM
If you have a cool mist humidifier I would put a few drops of oils (Thieves, RC, Eucalyptus) into that and place it in the room he spends the most time in. When DS and DD were super sick with a flu-like thing I had that bad boy blasting day and night right on them while they laid on the couch resting.

Raw honey (if you can get manuka honey do it!) with a bit of raw garlic for the cough and for healing...if you can get him to drink some warm tea just make a simple blend with lemon and honey for him to sip throughout the day.

hey mommy
01-24-2013, 09:00 AM
I dont' have one. He will drink tea. I'll see if I can get him to drink some with honey.

DancingWithElves
01-24-2013, 04:13 PM
take him in if you feel you are worried :hugheart
the bug going around (and around... and around) is a nasty one, it hangs on for a long time.
peace and rest are best treatment.

Aerynne
01-24-2013, 04:16 PM
I wouldn't at this point- sounds like he is on the mend.

2sunshines
01-24-2013, 04:56 PM
Honestly, if he were my child, I wouldn't take him in. It sounds like a virus, and there's little to nothing doctor's can do about viruses.

I'd do what I can at home to boost his immune system and help relieve the symptoms, and just wait it out.

MercyInDisguise
01-24-2013, 06:38 PM
I wouldn't take him in, but would just keep an eye on it. I start loading C up with vitamin C at the first sign of illness. 250 mg every 3-4 hours. :yes