PDA

View Full Version : really puffy bags under eyes?

believer
01-23-2013, 09:02 AM
I noticed this in the past few weeks in the mornings and I though it was getting better during the day, but I just realized that my glasses just cover it up.
Is it just an age thing?
I try to get enough sleep although I don't always.
I have high blood pressure and take a diuretic for that.
Could the puffy eyes show that I am retaining water anyway?
:shrug3

Weezie
01-23-2013, 09:03 AM
Mine are due to allergies. Do you have any allergies?

believer
01-23-2013, 09:08 AM
Mine are due to allergies. Do you have any allergies?
I do have allergies and I stopped taking my allergy med a few days ago - but the puffiness has been going on longer than that.
The Zyrtec was making me tired all the time.
I sometimes take Allegra instead, but I just was tired of taking meds and I can't quit the b/p ones so I stopped the allergy ones for a while.
I don't feel too bad allergy symptom wise w/out the med right now.
I am taking benedryl at night because otherwise I wake up in the middle of the night w/ a really stuffy nose.
I guess it could be allergies. :shrug3
Is there anything that can be done to make it less puffy?

DancingWithElves
01-24-2013, 04:20 PM
get your blood pressure checked a few times a day for a few days.
and yes, it's likely due to you retaining fluid. i'd mention it to your doc soonish :hugheart

believer
01-24-2013, 04:38 PM
I have taken my b/p a few times and it is higher than it should be.
:sigh
I have a dr apt on Monday for an Echocardiogram - I had one two years ago and have some leaky valves and they want to look again to see if they are the same or worse. I am sure they will take my b/p there. I am not sure if I will see the dr. then or not - if I do, I will ask him, if not, I imagine there will be a follow up apt soon.:shrug3

milkdud
01-24-2013, 05:11 PM
It can be a sign of poor kidney function. Apple cider vinegar helps with that. I'd talk to a dr.