PDA

View Full Version : I've fallen in love with Fiestaware!

Pages : [1] 2

Katydid
01-22-2013, 09:59 AM
Talk to me about Fiestaware, ladies! :heart

I've been in the market for new dishes for a while (I think we are down to only 4 bowls, now :shifty)

I inadvertently bought 2 Fiestaware mugs at two different thrift stores (both in cobalt, no less!) and they are some of the few mugs that haven't chipped and broken on us. :rockon I bought them because I liked the color/shape but I didn't know or pay any attention to the fact that they are Fiestaware. :doh But I did a search on here for dishes recommendations and saw Fiestaware mentioned a lot, so looked it up and there were my trusty mugs! :tu

So if all the dishes are this durable, I want more! :rockon

I love all the bright colors and I want to eventually get a 4 piece place setting in each of my favorite colors. But since right now our biggest need is bowls, I thought I would start with maybe 6 of the 24 oz. gusto bowls (in a rainbow of colors, of course! ;)) since they are different from what comes in the 4 piece setting and I think the big size will be perfect for soups, stews, salads, cereal, etc.

But I think those would be too big for the kids, so I wonder if I should get the smaller 14 oz. cereal bowls, instead (or, as well :shifty ) Would it be overkill to eventually have three different sizes of bowls? :think I'm thinking it wouldn't because I could use them for serving, too.

At this site: http://www.dinnerwareusa.com/shop/ They have the Gusto bowls for $10.99 and the small cereal bowls for $7.49, though you have to spend $150 to get free shipping. Is that a good price?

What is the best price for the 4 piece sets and where is the best place to buy, typically?

Thanks! :heart

Marrae
01-22-2013, 10:05 AM
Just wanted to say that I love the look of Fiestaware but we can't get it here or get it shipped here. :(

Did you see the Chowder bowls? They are like the Gusto but a bit smaller.

There are so many to choose from and the colours are fantastic. :)

canadiyank
01-22-2013, 10:20 AM
My cousin has a bunch, in myriad colours, and they look fantastic! They seem very durable and they're fun to see all the different things (I always pick out the teal coffee mug when I'm at her house). I'm more of a matchy matchy person but it makes for a fun and upbeat presentation, especially with her glass-fronted cabinets.

Two Little Birds
01-22-2013, 10:26 AM
I adore mine! I have the gusto bowls and they don't seem to be an issue for the boys. We have some smaller bowls that I pull out for smaller portions. My mil bought me all of mine (over time) so I can't speak to the cheapest way. I know that Khols and some other stores do some killer deals at times.

mariposa
01-22-2013, 10:35 AM
I love ours! :heart I needed to replace our first dishes (they were 15 years old and the pieces that were left looked it). I did some research and I went with white plates, bowls, and java mugs. I did get four jumbo cups (in peacock? turquoise? I can't remember. :bag) for soup. My parents gifted me with some serving pieces, too.
I love that I can add pieces in different colors if I want. I love the pottery look. I found a great deal during a sale at Macy's and then I used a coupon. :tu

Carini
01-22-2013, 10:39 AM
I just bought a whole set and am in love! We love the gusto bowls and well. I tried dd with a little fruit bowl and the first time she used it she threw it and it broke. :/ I guess she needs a few more months of practice.

I got cobalt, sunshine yellow, lemongrass and tangerine. Oh...and peacock too. :)

Niphredil
01-22-2013, 10:40 AM
Prepare to be jealous, ladies. I have a full set of original fiesta ware. :D I've waited foreeever, and when we moved my grandma finally gave it to me!

mariposa
01-22-2013, 10:42 AM
Prepare to be jealous, ladies. I have a full set of original fiesta ware. :D I've waited foreeever, and when we moved my grandma finally gave it to me!
That's awesome! :rockon

Katydid
01-22-2013, 10:48 AM

Very nice! :cool

Elora
01-22-2013, 10:56 AM
I wanted fiestaware - forever -

So I stalked prices. Last fall I found a good deal at Macy's and bought each member of our family the color of their choice.

We rinse and re-use dishes, and keeping them color coordinated has helped tremendously with my dd and ds argument "i rinsed mine, that one's not mine, that one is his"

Plus they are some of the best dishes out there - as far as stuff not leaching into your food - and american made woot

Macy's had a BOGO 1/2 fiestaware, and then an additional 15% off the entire site, so that is why I bought 6 full sets (I paid $132 for 6 sets and got free shipping because the order was over $100 or something)

I got the sets that came with big round plates, little round plates, round bowls (they're a nice size, but not they're not extra tall ones though), and mugs

my kids drink out of the mugs exclusively now...unless we're travelling and then we still pull out the kleen kanteens

Katydid
01-22-2013, 10:58 AM
My cousin has a bunch, in myriad colours, and they look fantastic! They seem very durable and they're fun to see all the different things (I always pick out the teal coffee mug when I'm at her house). I'm more of a matchy matchy person but it makes for a fun and upbeat presentation, especially with her glass-fronted cabinets.

I'm only a little matchy-matchy, that's why I love these! All the colors look great together, even though they are different, and they are all the same size, so they stack nicely. I love the idea of getting a bunch of funky, random thrift store dishes, but I am afraid it would end up just looking like a jumbled mess all stacked together and that would drive me crazy. :crazy2

This way, I can add things over the years and not be stuck having to keep with one color (or pattern) and it will still all look fabulous together. :rockon

bclemons84
01-22-2013, 10:58 AM
I'm not allowed to buy any because my husband thinks it is hideous... :(

blondie
01-22-2013, 11:02 AM
Fiesta is my dream dishes. :melting I'm not sure when we will get them, but we will! I want a rainbowww. :melting

Katydid
01-22-2013, 11:02 AM
Wow, Elora, so yours came out to $22 a set? That's a really good deal! :yes

I wonder how often Macy's does the BOGO thing? :think

What colors did you get? :nosy

amydawn
01-22-2013, 11:03 AM
It's my dream to own 8 place settings of Fiestaware:giggle I think I'm going to bite the bullet and pick some up when/if we travel to the States this summer. It's pricey to ship to Canada, plus we have to pay taxes, brokerage fees on stuff like that when it comes across the border. Plus returns across the border are a nightmare if anything's broken, missing, etc.

Katydid
01-22-2013, 11:07 AM
I'm not allowed to buy any because my husband thinks it is hideous... :(

You know, I actually used to not care for some of the designs (still not a huge fan of the shape of the pitcher or the tea pot) but they have really grown on me, especially having lived with my thrift store mugs.... the quality just can't be beat, so that makes them even prettier to me! ;)

bclemons84
01-22-2013, 11:11 AM
Maybe I can talk him into it if I save up for it and it wouldn't be our main dishes haha. :giggle

Niphredil
01-22-2013, 11:38 AM
This is some of the stuff from one of the three boxes I have

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w279/MissEllieNora/7DDB7202-5A7F-4C57-A6C3-5093EEB0F01A-970-0000007279255F95.jpg

I can't wait til my hoodlums are old enough to use it properly.

:mrgreen

bclemons84
01-22-2013, 11:42 AM
Where is the drool button here?!

Katydid
01-22-2013, 11:46 AM
Love the color on that gravy boat! Is it lemongrass or some retired color that I don't know about? :giggle

I don't know much about these as collectors items, yet. I just like pretty, colorful, durable dishes. :shifty

Niphredil
01-22-2013, 12:11 PM
The gravy boat is chartreuse c. 1950.

Katydid
01-22-2013, 12:38 PM
Wow, what a lucky girl you are! :heart

greenleafknitter
01-22-2013, 12:47 PM
I :heart my Fiestaware. A few of my first few pieces came from a shop in Galveston, TX that only sold Fiesta. It was a collector's dream! They had lots of rare pieces and a whole section of discounted "seconds." If I ever go back to that area I'm definitely going there first. :giggle

Right now I have only a few colors, (lemongrass, vanilla, and cinnabar) since I thought I'd pick ones to match my kitchen. :rolleyes2 Now I want every color. At least I only have 4 place settings so I can still add to my collection as needed.

Aerynne
01-22-2013, 01:17 PM
How breakable are they? I need dishes.

Katydid
01-22-2013, 01:21 PM
OK, so Macy's has a pretty good sale right now and free shipping for orders over $100, so I'm thinking about getting my rainbow of 6 Gusto bowls and then 2 4-piece place settings (Flamingo and Marigold, since they are the cheapest :wink). Then I can ask for more 4-piece settings and serving pieces, etc. for birthdays and Christmases over the coming years. :heart

---------- Post added at 03:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:18 PM ----------

How breakable are they? I need dishes.

I've read that they are very sturdy and my experience with my two mugs that I found at the thrift store confirm that. DH, especially, is rough on mugs (he leaves them in his work van a lot) and I have started to consider mugs as almost disposable in this house. :shifty But these two fiesta mugs have held up beautifully so far with no chips or cracks of any kind. :shrug3

Llee
01-22-2013, 01:32 PM
I scan CL for them. I've paid $85 for the 6 sets we have in cobalt and plum.

Katydid
01-22-2013, 01:39 PM
I did check CL, but there were only a few things and they seemed to be priced pretty high. :shrug4

There was a nice big set of mauve/pink dishes that seemed pretty reasonable, but I don't really want all one color (especially if that color is mauve :shifty)

Elora
01-22-2013, 03:06 PM
Wow, Elora, so yours came out to $22 a set? That's a really good deal! :yes

I wonder how often Macy's does the BOGO thing? :think

What colors did you get? :nosyIt will come around again for sure if you are not in a hurry. It is a FABULOUS deal. BOGO 1/2 off (I don't want to be misleading). And it seems like every 3-6 months they are running "15% off" storewide

DH - black
ds1 -cobalt
dd2 - purple
ds2 - orange
me - red (there is probably another name for this i'm not remembering)

and since i wanted an even number for the BOGO 1/2 off I also got a spare peacock

and as I can afford them and they go on sale, I plan to get all the other colors too :glasses

Llee
01-22-2013, 03:27 PM
Kohl's will also do bogo 1/2 throughout the year.

TraceMama
01-22-2013, 03:32 PM
I LOVE my Fiestaware :yes :heart :rockon I waited a long time to be able to get them, but found them at a great price at Kohl's. I think they came to $24/set and then there was a 20% off coupon or something. :think

I got 8 sets in 6 different colors, because the plan is to have a set of 12 in 6 colors. The colors I have are paprika, scarlet, tangerine, peacock, marigold and lemongrass :)

Katydid
01-22-2013, 03:39 PM
The Marigold and Flamingo sets are $29 right now (and most of the others are $30) and Macy's gave me $15 off my first order over $100 (which is 6 Gusto bowls at 10.99 each and the 2 sets at 28.99 each, so $115 total). And they have free shipping on orders over $100. So it's not as good of a deal as it could be, but it's not too bad. And I really want to get my collection started, so I'm going for it! :rockon

---------- Post added at 05:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:37 PM ----------

I LOVE my Fiestaware :yes :heart :rockon I waited a long time to be able to get them, but found them at a great price at Kohl's. I think they came to $24/set and then there was a 20% off coupon or something. :think

I got 8 sets in 6 different colors, because the plan is to have a set of 12 in 6 colors. The colors I have are paprika, scarlet, tangerine, peacock, marigold and lemongrass :)

Oh, I bet those colors look gorgeous together! :heart

Llee
01-22-2013, 03:43 PM
:shifty

http://www.zestydishes.com/servlet/StoreFront

Anyone that wants to get me a gift card, feel free. ;)

blondie
01-23-2013, 07:54 AM
I've been trying to break my Corelle for years. LOL We haven't decided if we will get more Corelle or something different, like Fiesta.

We got gorgeous plates that we registered for at Pier 1, and those suckers have been dropping like flies for years. :( I think we are down to 4...we started with 8 AND lost most of them before we even had kids. :doh Mama deserves pretty new dishes!!

amydawn
01-23-2013, 08:28 AM
My Mama is going to buy me my first place setting for my birthday in April:heart. I think I'll start with plum:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LikeQuietDreams
01-23-2013, 08:45 AM
My sil got us 4 basic sets for Christmas a few years ago. They are crazy durable. Ideally, I would have all white, but the white seem to hold on to scratch marks pretty bad. Right now, we have white, cobalt, and turquoise. I love the idea of us each having our own color.

BearyBlessed
01-23-2013, 09:51 AM
A friend mentioned Fiestaware a couple years back. Before then, I didn't know anything about it. Now, it's what I want to replace my dishes with. :yes

We have our dishes we got when we got married 12 years ago. And a few correlle plates. They are slowly breaking over the years and I only have I think 4 plates of each size.

I definitely want to get various colors and we can each have our own. Just need to save up and then find a sale!

PaperMomma
01-23-2013, 10:49 AM
Now I want some. You guys are a bad influence. :snooty

mariposa
01-23-2013, 11:27 AM
My sil got us 4 basic sets for Christmas a few years ago. They are crazy durable. Ideally, I would have all white, but the white seem to hold on to scratch marks pretty bad. Right now, we have white, cobalt, and turquoise. I love the idea of us each having our own color.

They kind of do, but I still love my white. :yes They are so classic and earthy at the same time. :heart I think I read somewhere that there is a way to get rid of the scratch marks. :think

blondie
01-24-2013, 11:19 AM
I just got 2 really amazing coupons in the mail from a place that has Fiesta. :shifty I'm going to try to talk DH into letting me get started with Fiesta. We've looked at it before and day dreamed, but I think this thread pushed me over the edge!

I'm SO TIRED of Corelle. I have what's left of my grandma's olllld set, and we keep looking at the new square Corelle, and it's pretty, but not as pretty as Fiesta! PLUS, we have the gorgeous Pier 1 dishes that we both loved, but they are dwindling...I feel like they need to be replaced. I love having pretty things to serve my family with. :hearts

Do you guys promise they are heavy duty ? I'm scared to break them. :nails Do they dishwash well ?

Llee
01-24-2013, 11:20 AM
Dishwash well? Yes.

Breakable? I haven't broken one yet and I'm a big-time breaker. :shifty

blondie
01-24-2013, 11:22 AM
I'm obsessing. :shifty I was okay until I got the mail and saw the coupons. It's $50 off a $100 purchase...and we EACH got one. :jawdrop

Niphredil
01-24-2013, 11:25 AM
Now that's a deal, Kat!

blondie
01-24-2013, 11:35 AM
Will it break ? I'm such a chicken about spending money on breakable stuff, and I've got a bad taste in my mouth from our Pier 1 dishes. I need you guys to hold me. LOL

I'm going way further in my heart than I should without $$ approval from DH. :giggle

Llee
01-24-2013, 11:49 AM
I'm a Fiestaware pusher, so Um, you might not want my input. :shifty

Katydid
01-24-2013, 11:52 AM
From what I read, they use a very heavy duty ceramic formula that allows them to be used commercially (like in restaurants and such). I don't think you could get more durable than that unless you went with plastic or stainless steel dishes. :shrug3

Niphredil
01-24-2013, 11:59 AM
They're glass. They break. But my grandmas are from 1950 and her kids and then all my siblings and I used them and they're still going. :shrug3

Mother of Sons
01-24-2013, 12:14 PM
You guys must all have dishwashers lol. I love the look but I can't use fiestaware because its murder on my wrists. Even the cheap stoneware dishes that came with the house I had to get rid of. Love the colors though!

blondie
01-24-2013, 12:15 PM
I'm a Fiestaware pusher, so Um, you might not want my input. :shifty

Push me! :jump

Llee
01-24-2013, 12:19 PM
Do it. Order now. That's as good a price as you could get from CL. Dooooo eeeeeetttt!!!

Katydid
01-24-2013, 12:25 PM
You guys must all have dishwashers lol. I love the look but I can't use fiestaware because its murder on my wrists. Even the cheap stoneware dishes that came with the house I had to get rid of. Love the colors though!

I actually don't have a dishwasher. :shrug3 I handwash other stoneware dishes without issue, though, so I think I'll be fine with these. :)

Two Little Birds
01-24-2013, 12:27 PM
They're very durable. They've been dropped on my hardwood food and nary a chip. And they're pottery, not glass.

LikeQuietDreams
01-24-2013, 12:31 PM
They are definitely more durable than any other dishes I've had before. I have broken 2 though. The first time, I dropped a glass bottle of maple syrup on one. The second time ds2 threw a bowl across the room and it landed on our tile floor. :(

blondie
01-24-2013, 12:31 PM
Do it. Order now. That's as good a price as you could get from CL. Dooooo eeeeeetttt!!!

My coupons are good in store on Friday and Saturday - so I'm going to beg...I mean talk to DH tonight and go tomorrow or Saturday night. I need to SEE and feeeeel them before I can decide which colors to start with. I'd eventually like 8 sets. I really don't need mugs. :think

Maybe I should buy piece by piece ?

Llee
01-24-2013, 12:36 PM
I like to get sets--cheaper/dish that way. We use the mugs for eating granola and ice cream. Oh, and for hot chocolate too.

blondie
01-24-2013, 12:36 PM
P.S. Katydid- I'm sorry for jacking your thread. :bag I got excited.

Katydid
01-24-2013, 03:37 PM
P.S. Katydid- I'm sorry for jacking your thread. :bag I got excited.

Ha, no way, girl! :heart This is a Fiesta-Love thread. I don't care who does the lovin'! :shrug3 :lol

I just got back from Kohl's cause I wanted to see more of the colors and check out the sizes in person. Oh my goodness, I'm even more in love now! :heart I think the sizes are perfect for what we need and the colors... so beautiful! :rockon

I think I'm ready to place my order now. :)

Llee
01-24-2013, 03:45 PM
If you're getting them from Kohl's, wait just a bit longer. For the last three years they have run a bogo free, plus you can use the discounts they send out. Usually it's the very end of January-mid February that it runs.

Two Little Birds
01-24-2013, 03:51 PM
Where my Fiesta lives.

http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z351/tetonmama/19061C8C-4D68-4BC3-9BEE-DE085CED8A28-56379-00003CAA6E6A303D.jpg

---------- Post added at 03:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:50 PM ----------

Please ignore the ugly, non matching glasses. That's my next project.

Katydid
01-24-2013, 03:56 PM
If you're getting them from Kohl's, wait just a bit longer. For the last three years they have run a bogo free, plus you can use the discounts they send out. Usually it's the very end of January-mid February that it runs.

No, I'm not buying from Kohl's right now cause there was no sale. :shifty I'm going to order from Macy's right now and maybe when Kohl's has their sale, I'll get some more. :)

crunchymum
01-24-2013, 04:13 PM
I just got 2 really amazing coupons in the mail from a place that has Fiesta. :shifty I'm going to try to talk DH into letting me get started with Fiesta. We've looked at it before and day dreamed, but I think this thread pushed me over the edge!

I'm SO TIRED of Corelle. I have what's left of my grandma's olllld set, and we keep looking at the new square Corelle, and it's pretty, but not as pretty as Fiesta! PLUS, we have the gorgeous Pier 1 dishes that we both loved, but they are dwindling...I feel like they need to be replaced. I love having pretty things to serve my family with. :hearts

Do you guys promise they are heavy duty ? I'm scared to break them. :nails Do they dishwash well ?

They're glass. They break. But my grandmas are from 1950 and her kids and then all my siblings and I used them and they're still going. :shrug3

This. Of course anything made of pottery or glass will break - so you won't have anyone guarantee you that. ;)

I believe fiestaware has a 3 or 5 year chip warranty? :scratch I don't have any, but I've wanted some for years. :) maybe I'll find a good sale this year.

LikeQuietDreams
01-24-2013, 06:20 PM
Where my Fiesta lives.

http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z351/tetonmama/19061C8C-4D68-4BC3-9BEE-DE085CED8A28-56379-00003CAA6E6A303D.jpg

---------- Post added at 03:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:50 PM ----------

Please ignore the ugly, non matching glasses. That's my next project.

Are those the gusto bowls on the right?

silverlining
01-24-2013, 06:24 PM
Love my Fiestaware! We've had it 10 years and I don't think anything has broken, although the dinner plates are beginning to show their age. Everything we have is cobalt or white, and I'd love to get some new cheery colors.

Two Little Birds
01-24-2013, 06:46 PM
Are those the gusto bowls on the right?

:yes

BearyBlessed
01-25-2013, 09:07 AM
Man, I'm really wanting new dishes right now! Maybe when Kohls has their sale I will go get some. Though. I guess I should talk to DH first. I'm trying to save for a vacation right now. :shifty

Elora
01-25-2013, 09:24 AM
:rockon katy! what colors are you getting???

Katydid
01-25-2013, 09:31 AM
To start with, I'm ordering 2 4 piece sets, one in Marigold and on in Flamingo. I'm also ordering 6 gusto bowls in rainbow colors: Scarlet, Tangerine, Sunflower, Shamrock, Peacock and Plum. :)

I'm hoping to get more 4 piece settings and serving pieces as gifts over the coming years. My goal is to eventually have 12 place settings, each a different color. :rockon

Elora
01-25-2013, 12:07 PM
YAY!!! love the plan :rockon

BriansLovie
01-25-2013, 12:22 PM
My husband told me that one of the colors they used to make was radioactive :shifty. Red I think

---------- Post added at 02:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:21 PM ----------

Orange??

Katydid
01-25-2013, 12:24 PM
My husband told me that one of the colors they used to make was radioactive :shifty. Red I think

---------- Post added at 02:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:21 PM ----------

Orange??

Yeah, I read that they recommend that if you collect those vintage colors that they only be used for decorative purposes, not for food.

blondie
01-25-2013, 05:11 PM
I read that all the new ones are safe. :tu

BriansLovie
01-25-2013, 06:11 PM
Yes, they are now. :)

blondie
01-28-2013, 09:08 PM
Here I am to take over more thread and SPEW excitement!!

So, I still haven't gotten them. We didn't have money this weekend to use the awesome coupons I had and DH wanted to see and feel them before we commit to new dishes.

Tonight we ran to the mall so DH could see Fiesta in person, and he approves. :cheer :cheer :cheer He's actually EXCITED! (He's really picky and practical. Sometimes it sucks to have a stick in the mud, but it usually helps me slow down and think a little. :giggle)

He told me that by March, he will hook us up with 8 sets. :melting :hearts :melting :hearts We want the 4 piece sets, but they didn't have them at Herberger's, and I see on Kohls.com that they are online only. Weird.

EIGHT SETS, PEOPLE!! I'm pretty much freaking out. :shifty I don't know the real names, but I'm gonna do pink, bright red, the darker orange, yellow, the brightest green, peacock (i do remember that name), purple...and I'm not sure which one for the 8th. :think

Maybe we will be able to do the Kohl's BOGO deal someone mentioned up thread. :think I might run to Kohl's tomorrow to see what they have. I'm. so. excited. We've been using my grandma's beat up white plates + the last of our wedding dishes, and I'm so excited to have something bright and new. Swoooon! I also have a Kohl's 30% off coupon, BUT IDK how long that is good for and if I could use it with the sale...

crunchymum
01-28-2013, 09:30 PM
That's great!!!!!

Just FYI if anyone is interested, the actual fiestaware website sells stuff at the same price that Macy's does on sale - so before you buy, check them out and see if you're truly getting a good deal (also, so you don't feel super pressured to buy *now*).

blondie
01-28-2013, 09:56 PM
Yes! That's where we are looking now. DH insisted on checking it out straight from the source and it's the best price we've found.

I'm even thinking about getting square instead of round. :think :jump

bclemons84
01-28-2013, 10:26 PM
What is the official site's address? Not that I'm buying any for awhile. :shifty

Katydid
01-29-2013, 06:55 AM
Is this their official site? http://www.dinnerwareusa.com/

Those prices are definitely reasonable. :yes Especially if you order $150 at a time and get free shipping. :tu

But between the sale price and the coupon code I used for Macy's, the sets I ordered ended up being around $24 each. :rockon I have decided that for future shopping, I'm going to aim for $25 per set as my "price to beat" and try not to buy above that price point. :)

Mine are now OTW and I can't wait! :danced

blondie
01-29-2013, 07:44 AM
http://www.fiestafactorydirect.com/

Woot! $25 a set is really good.

dakotablue
01-30-2013, 09:28 AM
Macy's current sale is pretty great. Its B1 G1 Free plus an additional 15% off 4 piece sets.

So $51 per set, then B1G1 makes it $25.50, 15% off $21.67!

free shipping on orders of $99 or more.

If I was able to get to the store to look in person I'd totally do this. Kids are still recovering and I just lost my voice, so no traipsing about for me, but great to know this is a possible price! :rockon

ETA: I'd also check your credit cards cash back. Discover is 5%, which is something.

BearyBlessed
01-30-2013, 10:21 AM
Oh, now I'm glad I didn't buy any last week! This is a much better sale!

I like the 5 piece sets better than the 4. I don't care for the mug in the 4 piece. Although, I do kind of like the square set, but it doesn't have a salad plate. And DH said he prefer the round.

I'm thinking a trip to Macy's or Kohl's is in order in the next few days to let all the guys see the colors and help me choose! :dance

blondie
01-30-2013, 10:22 AM
Yeah, my DH wasn't going for the square either. That's okay!

I don't like the 5 piece set- I don't need saucers. :giggle

I'm sooo excited and I don't even know WHEN we are getting ours!

Llee
01-30-2013, 10:28 AM
I love the saucers on our 5-piece. They are great for eating granola with. I just use the cup as a scoop. :shifty

Katydid
01-30-2013, 03:42 PM
They came today! :jump (Well, all but my green bowl.... it's still OTW)

I love them! :yes But, best of all, DH loves them and, when I told him about the sale, he told me to order 6 more 4 piece settings!! :shifty :jawdrop :rockon :heart

Two Little Birds
01-30-2013, 03:47 PM
I now need their Christmas design! NEED I tell you!!!

blondie
01-30-2013, 03:50 PM
Awesome!!! Pictures! :poke

Bethany89
01-30-2013, 03:52 PM
You ladies need to come and live near me :) I live 20 mins from the fiestaware factory and they have this extra room called the seconds room.. Everything is cheap and they do have flaws but all of mine only have a small bubble on the bottom of the plate.. Awesome deals!!

ETA: bowls are like $3-4, plates like I think $5-6.. Mugs like $3.. The big bowls like $15 etc.

blondie
01-30-2013, 03:56 PM
Wow, that's awesome! I did see on their Facebook page that they have tent sales or something. That would be sooo cool.

So, when Kohl's has a sale is it BOGO, or BOGO50% ? I wonder how long the Macy's sale will last. We were totally ready to spend $30 a set, but if we could do the 21.somechange per set, maybe we could swing a few more, or put the extra $$ towards curtains. :think

Bethany89
01-30-2013, 04:01 PM
Tent sales are insane. People stand in lines for hours but you can get stuff for like $1-2.. I just go whenever and get still good deals without standing in line for hours outside lol!

But fiestaware is well worth the money as its a USA company, quality is great and its heavy duty. I've never broke any item and they've dropped before.

crunchymum
01-30-2013, 04:03 PM
The Macy's sale goes until February 18, I think

Katydid
01-30-2013, 05:33 PM
Awesome!!! Pictures! :poke

Here you go! :kiss

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b367/kkkkaty/fiestaware_zpsc1cb5695.jpg

blondie
01-30-2013, 05:37 PM
Oh my! :melting

DH and I were discussing which colors to get, and he threw his credit card at me. :hearts :hearts :hearts I have an 8 sets on the way! :dance

Katydid
01-30-2013, 05:40 PM
What colors did you get? :poke

blondie
01-30-2013, 05:48 PM
I got 4 piece sets of scarlet, tangerine, sunflower, shamrock, turquoise, peacock, plum and flamingo! I'm soooooooooooooo excited. I never thought we'd get Fiestaware, and I've always drooled over it.

Katydid
01-30-2013, 05:51 PM
I now need their Christmas design! NEED I tell you!!!

I hear ya. That little Christmas tree is absolutely adorable! :rockon

---------- Post added at 07:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:50 PM ----------

I got 4 piece sets of scarlet, tangerine, sunflower, shamrock, turquoise, peacock, plum and flamingo! I'm soooooooooooooo excited. I never thought we'd get Fiestaware, and I've always drooled over it.

Yay! A beautiful rainbow! :heart

Llee
01-30-2013, 05:52 PM
Sometimes Kohl's does BOGO, sometimes BOGO50%.

blondie
01-30-2013, 11:41 PM
Sooo, now I want new cloth napkins. :shifty

Our current ones are a pretty eggplant/plum color. They are over a year old, and we use them daily so they are getting sad. Let's find me some new ones! :jump I'm going to check TJMaxx soon and see what they have. That's where I've gotten our last 2 sets. I've seen some fun rainbow ones at Kohl's. I might have to go check there, too.

Two Little Birds
01-31-2013, 10:34 AM
There's a high end kitchen store in my parents town that has killer sales twice a year and I pick up new napkins there, they usually run $1/napkin. They never match but that's okay with me. I need to ask my mom to buy some at their next sale

Niphredil
01-31-2013, 10:36 AM
If you give a mom new dishes, she's going to want new napkins.
If you give a mom new napkins, she's going to... uhoh.

blondie
01-31-2013, 10:53 AM
Right. Our silverware is nice, and our glasses are new...but this really makes me want new napkins and it really makes me want to sew up those curtains I've been putting off for oh, 3 years!! I need to go look at fabric.

Two Little Birds
01-31-2013, 10:58 AM
I don't need new napkins. I do need new glasses and dh knows this is the next thing on the list. I plan on getting these (http://www.amazon.com/Duralex-Picardie-4-Ounce-Clear-Tumbler/dp/B0017LR21Q/ref=sr_1_2?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1359655062&sr=1-2&keywords=tempered+glass+drinking+glasses) in the 16.75 and 8.75 oz.

Niphredil
01-31-2013, 11:37 AM
All of my cups and dishes are plastic. :bag Oh, for the day when my hoodlums are grown.

greenleafknitter
01-31-2013, 12:12 PM
You guys are seriously tempting me. :giggle I'm thinking of buying more Fiesta. :shifty We only have 4 place settings, so I know they'll get used. That Macy's sale looks like a great deal. I already have lemongrass, vanilla, cinnabar, and sunflower. I'm thinking some turquoise or peacock would be lovely. :think

Two Little Birds
01-31-2013, 12:14 PM
All of my cups and dishes are plastic. :bag Oh, for the day when my hoodlums are grown.

You'll notice what I want is tempered glass...

blondie
01-31-2013, 12:28 PM

but you have Fiesta. :poke Are you scurred they'll break it ?

Niphredil
01-31-2013, 12:38 PM
Very. It's securely boxed and will remain there for a while. That pitcher is "worth" $450 bucks. I will use them someday, but not while they are still in the throwing dishes/spilling at every meal phase.

Two Little Birds
01-31-2013, 12:41 PM
Very. It's securely boxed and will remain there for a while. That pitcher is "worth" $450 bucks. I will use them someday, but not while they are still in the throwing dishes/spilling at every meal phase.

Have you made sure they aren't the poisonous ones?

Niphredil
01-31-2013, 12:46 PM
I've not researched super thoroughly, but I'm reasonably certain that the radioactive problem was taken care of long before these were made in the 50's.

mariposa
01-31-2013, 01:34 PM
If you give a mom new dishes, she's going to want new napkins.
If you give a mom new napkins, she's going to... uhoh.

So true!!! :giggle

dakotablue
02-01-2013, 10:53 AM
I'll stop soon I promise :shifty

But the gusto bowls are a good price at kohls right now (better than macys) I think :scratch Is this a good price

sale price 11.20 plus 15% off- 9.52 a bowl, plus $10 kohls cash if you spend $50.

the gusto bowls are the only other must have 'now' on my list past plate settings :shrug3

Katydid
02-01-2013, 11:07 AM
The gusto bowls are awesome. :yes

dakotablue
02-01-2013, 11:59 AM
So something really funny. We have these two bowls Dh and I love. We use them almost everyday. (I think they are one of only 3 things I would be very very sad to lose in my kitchen/ couldn't easily replace)

I was just looking at Kohls...and saw something familiar :shifty.

Sure enough, I just looked at the bottom and they are Fiesta. How did I not know this :doh

:giggle

(they are the large vegetable bowls)

crunchymum
02-01-2013, 12:28 PM
I'm stumped, because the bogo is SUCH a great deal right now. BUT, I want the gusto bowls instead. :-/ if I just get separate pieces, it's about 3 times more expensive. :doh if I get the sets plus the gusto bowls, it's still cheaper than buying everything separate, but it's still too much. :-/

Two Little Birds
02-01-2013, 12:37 PM
Is there a home consignment store in your area? You could get both and take what you don't want to the consignment store.

Katydid
02-01-2013, 12:40 PM
I just got 6 of the Gusto bowls even though I eventually want 8-12 place settings. They are awesome for soups, stews, cereal, etc. but only if you want really big portions :shifty I don't see myself using these if we have company over for any kind of formal/sit-down dinner. :shrug3 Maybe you could get by with fewer of them, too?

crunchymum
02-01-2013, 01:16 PM
:think those are both good ideas... :yes

dakotablue
02-01-2013, 01:22 PM
There is actually a listing on my local craigslist right now for a set of 8 tea cups and saucers. I'm betting they bought the sets and just don't want the cups. :shrug3

So wish i could go to the store right now:(. I want to compare the gusto bowls to my current bowls in terms of size (my current ones are just a little too big) and stacking.

How do these stack? (I mean in terms of nesting into one another, not the actual act :giggle)

blondie
02-01-2013, 01:27 PM
I want gustos, but DH didn't think we need them. Let's just wait until that cereal hog tries to eat out of the shallow bowls. :giggle :popcorn

I'm planning to slowllllyyyy add to our collection as the years go by. I want a pitcher and gustos, first, methinks.

LikeQuietDreams
02-01-2013, 01:35 PM
I have to say that while I love Fiestaware, I really dislike some of the pieces from the actual sets we got. I don't like the look of the cereal/soup bowls at all, the handle of the mug is silly-small and hard to hold, and the dinner plates are different from the ones that you buy separately so they stack weird.

Moving forward, I'm definitely buying a la carte.

dakotablue
02-01-2013, 09:18 PM
:jawdrop I was looking for reviews of fiestaware and someone mentioned a while ago about lead in plates.

I did a second of research...the plates from Walmart that poisoned a baby in 2007 are our plates.

I ordered some fiestaware tonight from macys.

We got two chocolate, 1 ivory, 1 plum and 1 peacock, 1 cobalt. (4 piece settings)

I'm excited, but a little freaked out...fortunately the kids have never eaten off of them...just us for 6 years. :-/

Katydid
02-02-2013, 07:46 AM
I did a second of research...the plates from Walmart that poisoned a baby in 2007 are our plates.

Yikes! :sad

I'm glad you got your Fiesta! :rockon Those colors sound really pretty together! :)

crunchymum
02-02-2013, 12:24 PM
I have to say that while I love Fiestaware, I really dislike some of the pieces from the actual sets we got. I don't like the look of the cereal/soup bowls at all, the handle of the mug is silly-small and hard to hold, and the dinner plates are different from the ones that you buy separately so they stack weird.

Moving forward, I'm definitely buying a la carte.

:think interesting. Can you ladies who are ordering sets right now let me know how yours work out? If they stack weird I'm going to have issues... :giggle

I just realized my sister's cool cream and sugar set I've been coveting is vintage fiesta! She had no idea! It's the rose color, circa 1950s. So jealous.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/02/03/ugudujag.jpg

Llee
02-02-2013, 12:42 PM
I have the 5-piece set and none of the dishes stack oddly or weirdly.

LikeQuietDreams
02-02-2013, 01:25 PM
The only ones that stack weirdly for me are the dinner plates that come in the set when I try to stack them with the dinner plates that I purchased separately.

blondie
02-02-2013, 08:20 PM
I got new napkins tonight. I went with black...I thought they'd look cool with my bright dishes. I will probably keep an eye out for some colored ones, too. Our table legs and chair backs are black, so are the edges of our rugs, so I think it will tie everything together. :dance

Katydid
02-02-2013, 08:35 PM
Well, aren't you all fancy! :P~ Round here, we're lucky if we remember to put out the stack of paper napkins.... :shifty

blondie
02-02-2013, 09:18 PM

We switched to cloth napkins a few years ago. I love 'em.

BearyBlessed
02-02-2013, 11:31 PM
That sounds awesome, Kat. :yes

So, I think we are going to get some sets this next week. :rockon I took the boys to go see the colors and tell me which ones they want. We'll each get a color. I don't think DH cares too much about what color I get him. I was hoping to get colors that coordinate.

The boys picked Flamingo and Cobalt. I'm not totally sure how well they complement each other. My pick is Plum, though I'd also be ok with Peacock. Would those four colors coordinate? Would there be something better than either the Plum or Peacock?

Katydid
02-03-2013, 07:02 AM
That sounds awesome, Kat. :yes

So, I think we are going to get some sets this next week. :rockon I took the boys to go see the colors and tell me which ones they want. We'll each get a color. I don't think DH cares too much about what color I get him. I was hoping to get colors that coordinate.

The boys picked Flamingo and Cobalt. I'm not totally sure how well they complement each other. My pick is Plum, though I'd also be ok with Peacock. Would those four colors coordinate? Would there be something better than either the Plum or Peacock?

Flamingo, Cobalt, Peacock and Plum would look really nice together, I think. You would have two dark colors and two brights. :yes

I think that's the beauty of Fiesta, though. IMO, they all coordinate! :heart

BearyBlessed
02-03-2013, 10:04 AM
Thanks! The pink one is just such an odd shade to me. It's the one throwing me off. But, it's Aji's favorite color and he liked it just fine. :shrug3
I wish I could make these decisions easier! :bag

RealLifeMama
02-03-2013, 10:55 AM
I :heart Fiestaware!
It is what I have always wanted.

When DH and I were engaged, we started saving up Betty Crocker points to try to earn some fiestaware. (anyone remember those?) We never got it, though. You still had to pay some and then pay for shipping. We had an 8 piece setting of some cheap Gibson tableware, so we never could justify the cost.
Now that we are down to only 5 or so of each thing, and have a family of seven, I am looking into it again, although I don't think the Betty Crocker points are really necessary now, :lol but I might still have a big shoebox full somewhere!

amydawn
02-03-2013, 11:46 AM
I think I'm going to order mine this week. In my cart right now are 6 place settings (Scarlett, Peacock, Shamrock, Tangerine, Sunflower & Plum) and the matching Gusto bowls.

blondie
02-03-2013, 12:06 PM
Macy's didn't send us a tracking number, and I can't look it up online. :impouting Hopefully it just shows up like, tomorrow. If it doesn't, I might call Macy's and just see if it's close.

I'm soooo excited. :dance I wonder what new color they will come out with next month!! I'd eventually like to have 12 sets + extra fun stuff.

BearyBlessed
02-03-2013, 12:43 PM
How often do new colors come out?

There was a really pretty color on display at Kohl's last night. But, it must have been retired because it's not on the website. And it just said "display". There was no way to actually buy it. :pout

blondie
02-03-2013, 08:46 PM
Every year, from what I've read.

dakotablue
02-04-2013, 08:40 AM
Macy's didn't send us a tracking number, and I can't look it up online. :impouting Hopefully it just shows up like, tomorrow. If it doesn't, I might call Macy's and just see if it's close.

I'm soooo excited. :dance I wonder what new color they will come out with next month!! I'd eventually like to have 12 sets + extra fun stuff.

:( Macy's 'gave' us tracking numbers (shipped in 2) but they don't work. :-/ What's the point in that. :shrug3 I'm excited they shipped though (We had the same 'tracking' issue when we ordered from Sears. I got a 'shipped' email the day after the stuff arrived :doh)

BearyBlessed
02-04-2013, 08:56 AM
So, the Macy's 15% part ended yesterday. I didn't realize that until fairly late, but I thought I'd go ahead and order. But, I had trouble getting the free ones. It would only let me pick one color for all the free ones.
Was that a glitch for me? Did anyone else have that happen? I figure I can go to the store. Then I'd have them right away. :shifty It was just frustrating!

Also, some of the a la carte pieces didn't come in all the colors. Does anyone know if that's just a stocking issue? Or do they not come in those colors at all?
The main one that was missing was plum. The peacock was missing in one item as well. :(

dakotablue
02-04-2013, 09:18 AM
So, the Macy's 15% part ended yesterday. I didn't realize that until fairly late, but I thought I'd go ahead and order. But, I had trouble getting the free ones. It would only let me pick one color for all the free ones.
Was that a glitch for me? Did anyone else have that happen? I figure I can go to the store. Then I'd have them right away. :shifty It was just frustrating!

Also, some of the a la carte pieces didn't come in all the colors. Does anyone know if that's just a stocking issue? Or do they not come in those colors at all?
The main one that was missing was plum. The peacock was missing in one item as well. :(

:think My free ones applied to only 2 colors, but I got 3 out of 6 free. I didn't check cart until after I placed them all in though.

I was wondering about the separate pieces as well, but the sale didn't see the best at macys for separate pieces anyway. :shrug3

BearyBlessed
02-04-2013, 10:07 AM
Hmm, interesting.

Yeah, the only reason I was looking at the separate pieces was to see if I could round out my cart enough to reach the $99 free shipping if I only could get 2 box sets at a time.

blondie
02-04-2013, 10:51 AM
Half of ours were free. I didn't pay attention to which colors were.

amydawn
02-04-2013, 11:08 AM
I just placed my order. I ended up getting 4 place settings for now. Peacock, Sunflower, Scarlett and Tangerine. The code "Home" gave me 15% off today.

BearyBlessed
02-04-2013, 11:17 AM
Oh yay! I was bummed I missed the additional 15%. :tu

So, maybe I need to go past my cart into actually paying to see if the BOGO will work.
When I put 4 sets in my cart, there was another item that said it was my "deal" or something like that and let me pick a color from the dropdown menu. I'm off to go investigate some more!

amydawn
02-04-2013, 11:30 AM
Oh yay! I was bummed I missed the additional 15%. :tu

So, maybe I need to go past my cart into actually paying to see if the BOGO will work.
When I put 4 sets in my cart, there was another item that said it was my "deal" or something like that and let me pick a color from the dropdown menu. I'm off to go investigate some more!

I was able to choose the 4 sets that I wanted and 2 were free. Plus the 15% off. Of course, I was shopping from the Canadian site so YMMV.

BearyBlessed
02-04-2013, 12:03 PM
I think I figured it out. :phew Now to decide on final colors. :shifty

dakotablue
02-06-2013, 10:10 AM
Got mine yesterday! Wow that was fast.

I love love love them. I was afraid I wouldn't like the cereal bowl (re size) but the way its shaped its so awesome. The little plates are smaller than I was expecting. :shrug3

Its funny though, the colors I was sure about (chocolate and cobalt) are my least favorite. And I love the Plum and Peacock. Dh even loved the peacock :jawdrop I was nervous about buying that one, because I was sure he wouldn't like it.

Dh finally realized they didn't 'match' :scratch and was surprised, so when we have guests they will have different color plates? Yes, that's kinda the idea :giggle He loved them though :phew and wants to get more...he really wants the gusto bowls. :)

blondie
02-06-2013, 10:24 AM
Mine are supposed to be delivered today! :jump

BearyBlessed
02-06-2013, 03:40 PM
:woohoo for new dishes!!

bclemons84
02-06-2013, 04:58 PM
I saw pics of Blondie's new dishes and they are drool.... Post pics on here for everyone else! :poke

blondie
02-06-2013, 05:32 PM
I will! :jump

---------- Post added at 06:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:04 PM ----------

Oh, and I got my new towels to go with them. :dance Now I just need curtains.

Katydid
02-07-2013, 06:28 AM
I still haven't gotten my Shamrock Gusto bowl. :pout I need to contact them, I guess. :-/

---------- Post added at 08:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:20 AM ----------

ETA: OK I just checked my account online and it says that last bowl won't ship until 3/13 :-/

BearyBlessed
02-07-2013, 11:09 AM
Bummer! At least it's not lost? Still, disappointing to have to wait so long. :(

amydawn
02-07-2013, 12:16 PM
I got my shipping notice today:)

BearyBlessed
02-07-2013, 08:42 PM
I went and played around with various colors today. It was fun! But, I still cant decide for sure what colors to get. :bag I'm such an indecisive person! :O

crunchymum
02-07-2013, 09:16 PM
I went and played around with various colors today. It was fun! But, I still cant decide for sure what colors to get. :bag I'm such an indecisive person! :O

And that is why I don't have fiestaware yet. :giggle

blondie
02-07-2013, 09:17 PM
Uh, all of them. :shifty

Llee
02-08-2013, 04:34 AM
Acquire all in alphabetical order?

mariposa
02-08-2013, 06:47 AM
Acquire all in alphabetical order?
A system, I like it! :giggle

Katydid
02-08-2013, 06:56 AM

Yeah, just get one of each, then you don't have to decide! :shrug3

blondie
02-08-2013, 09:34 AM
After drooling on them for a few days, I think Peacock is my favorite of the ones I have. :think

bclemons84
02-08-2013, 09:41 AM
After drooling on them for a few days, I think Peacock is my favorite of the ones I have. :think
I'm still not seeing a picture on here for the ladies! :poke lol Oh and just for making us wait, I think you should post pictures of the towels you got to go with them. :)

BearyBlessed
02-08-2013, 01:31 PM
Blondie, you did a rainbow set, right?

Peacock and plum are my own personal favorites. :yes Purple is generally my favorite color, but I think with these two shade, the peacock wins the race.

blondie
02-08-2013, 01:47 PM
Yep! I got the basic rainbow colors + flamingo and turquoise. I'll def. be back with a picture sometime very soon - hopefully today!

Punkie
02-08-2013, 01:49 PM
I looooove my Fiestaware. We've been collecting it for years, and we often get sets for gifts. I have 4 pink plates (one is not pictured) that were all gifts from a doula client. Each of my kids have received a color that they liked for one of their birthdays from my in-laws.

I really prefer the 5-piece sets. We've been gifted some of the 4-piece sets, and I really miss having the saucer. We use it for eating fruit/snacks a lot.

Also, when I first started with Fiestaware, I was concerned about not having the gusto bowls, but we really don't need them. Honestly, we don't need portions that big. There really is a lot of research surrounding dish/bowl size and the amount that you eat/overeat. We are perfectly full with the amount in the cereal bowls, and my kids would pour WAY too much food into the gusto bowls. We had bowls that size in a different brand when we were first married, and found this to be very true. So, don't feel bad if you don't get them, at least to start. I'm sure they're nice, but the set is totally fine without them.

Several plates aren't pictured. :shifty

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l229/hippiemommy/C14B9328-0D1F-42A7-AB07-7D21BA9952AA-3226-000003853524A0E4_zpsccc18766.jpg

knitlove
02-08-2013, 01:56 PM
I really like fiestaware but I would get all one color with maybe serving pieces different . I find it really funny that no one in this thread is getting all one color.

Punkie
02-08-2013, 02:00 PM
I really like fiestaware but I would get all one color with maybe serving pieces different . I find it really funny that no one in this thread is getting all one color.

I'm not a 1-color kind of girl. (Note my avatar!)

Well, I take that back. I like some things to be monochrome.... Like my couches are all white, and I just have a red accent rug. All of my furniture is white or birch/light pine. But then I like to throw colorful quilts and pops of color to cheer up the room.

We have a very bland table (just a gigantic wooden table that seats 12), and I think it really benefits from the color of the plates/bowls. :grin It would probably be too much if we had really loud tablecloths or placemats. All of that stuff is always monochromatic here.

NorwegianHippieOfThree
02-08-2013, 03:21 PM
I'm 27 and my mom had her fiesta ware since I was at least 12. She actually gave me one of her mugs today because she is so sick of them and wants new dishes! Hehe. I'm hoping I'll be the one to get them :) they are such a good investment

BearyBlessed
02-08-2013, 04:12 PM
Punkie, that stack of plates is so fun!! Are the light pink ones a retired color? I don't like the current pink much, but Aji really wants pink! :doh

Katydid
02-08-2013, 04:19 PM
Oh, I looooove the new pink! :heart Flamingo! Such a rich salmon-y pink... and I'm not usually much of a pink person. :shrug3

righteous mama
02-08-2013, 04:54 PM
When I finally get back on my feet and get my own place again I'd love to get Fiestaware. Right now my dishes are "Blue Room" and I'd like something on the other end that is just full of color. Then I'd have both to chose from when setting the table.

Punkie
02-08-2013, 04:57 PM
My pink are all retired. We received one as a birthday present for my 9yo several years ago. My girls all loved them so much that a friend and doula client bought us several more.

BearyBlessed
02-08-2013, 06:45 PM
I looked at some the retired colors and love several of them! I wish they were still made. Heather is like the perfect color for me. And I like the Rose pink better than the Flamingo. I also quite liked the Juniper.
So sad now! :pout

dakotablue
02-08-2013, 08:51 PM
That was the one reason I bought two of the chocolate rather than all different colors. Its just retired and I know I would be sad if I only had one and it broke.

I want shamrock now :shifty

I got a thing in the mail from Kohls today for Feb. 13th 30% off...maybe something will line up sales wise...then again I will have a new baby :giggle

Cherish
02-08-2013, 09:00 PM
because of this thread I've just given my amazon prime a workout! lol :) I've been trying to pick new "every day" ware for.ev.er! My husband is so happy that I found something I really liked and made a DECISION. ;) He's tired of eating off the children's plastic plates and paper plates from costco. :D (I had to throw out the set we had before because it was just falling apart.) Thanks for all the info and reviews... I do wish they'd had the marigold and the earlier pink! :)

blondie
02-08-2013, 11:27 PM
I got a lime green platter on sale at Kohl's tonight. :dance I went in for a pitcher, but they only had red and I wasn't loving the red...so I spent DH's money on a platter. :haha

BearyBlessed
02-09-2013, 02:24 PM
There's now a 20% off code good through tomorrow at Macy's. :tu The code is TICKET.

amydawn
02-12-2013, 04:07 PM
I missed the mail lady today:(. I think she was trying to deliver my dishes:(. Now I have to wait until tomorrow afternoon before they'll be at the PO to pick up:pout.

Starfox
02-12-2013, 04:10 PM
Touched and ate out of Loralee 's yesterday. :melting

I need. Subbing to.find a sale. :shifty

BearyBlessed
02-12-2013, 05:37 PM
Kohl's still has theirs buy one get one for $1. I think the extra 20% off is only through today, but I'm not sure.

I am drooling over all the retired stuff now and stalking eBay and Craigslist and stuff. :shifty I'm not sure DH would be happy with me spending more on old stuff, though.

~New Question!
If you got a 4 or 5 piece set, do you use the smaller plate? Or is it too small to be useful?
We are contemplating getting open stock so that we can get the dinner and lunch plates instead of the dinner and salad plates. I doubt we'd use the cup and saucer or mug anyway.

Llee
02-12-2013, 05:45 PM
I use the small plate for when the bowl is hot. Or for toast or a dessert. I have the 5-piece set.

Punkie
02-12-2013, 05:54 PM
I already mentioned it above, so I'm repeating myself, but we really prefer the 5-piece sets. We've been gifted some of the 4-piece sets, and we really miss the little plates. We use them for snacks, bread, etc. The teacups are great for pudding and that kind of stuff, too. :shifty

Llee
02-12-2013, 05:56 PM
Kohl's codes good through today.
/Under $100 Valentine15
Over $100 Valentine20

amydawn
02-14-2013, 08:23 AM
Mine arrived today:hearthttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/02/14/y3yqyryv.jpg

blondie
02-14-2013, 09:24 AM
Pretty!!

BearyBlessed
02-14-2013, 09:39 AM
Pretty colors!

I finally ordered mine a couple days ago. I actually made a decision! :woohoo

Elora
02-14-2013, 09:39 AM
amydawn i love the colores! now i want yellow :lol i plan to eventually get all of them, but each time i see more pics of different colors i get impatient lol

amydawn
02-14-2013, 10:47 AM
Pretty colors!

I finally ordered mine a couple days ago. I actually made a decision! :woohoo

What did you get? I think I'm going to order 2 more settings while the BOGO is still on.

BearyBlessed
02-14-2013, 06:35 PM
I got Plum, Cobalt, Peacock, and Turquoise from Kohl's. All in the blue family. :giggle And I found a set on Etsy of the retired color Rose. I also got 2 gusto bowls.

I think we'll stick with those 5 for now, but I can imagine adding some extra pieces soon.

amydawn
02-15-2013, 08:18 AM
So DH LOVES our new dishes and asked me why I only bought 4 settings:doh. So I guess that's permission to buy more, right??:giggle. He wants some of the Gusto bowls too. Off to pick out some more colours:)

Cherish
02-15-2013, 01:34 PM
Here's my starter collection, it arrived the other day. :D I think I'm going to have to get the yellow now that I've seen it on a previous poster's counter. :D I do want that older pink set, is that the one called Rose? I don't want really OLD fiesta ware, just the more recently retired lighter pink one. :D This is FUN.
http://i1302.photobucket.com/albums/ag129/AddisonMaddox/fiestaware_zps95de4434.jpg Sorry the lighting in there is not so great.

Katydid
02-15-2013, 01:37 PM
Yeah, you definitely need some yellow in that lovely stack! :yes

NavaNessa
02-17-2013, 04:07 PM
Love, love, love Fiestaware!!
I grew up with it, and also have my own lovely collection.
I like that the beautiful, bright finishes are lead free.
And they are super durable - growing up in a family with 8 kids, we may have had 1 or 2 break, but it takes a lot to do so!!
Dishwasher safe too!!
I have the 5 piece sets, which have been perfect for us. My mom likes the 4 piece set.
We always got ours at JcPenney, as they are frequently on sale, and have the best prices :)

Auroras mom
02-17-2013, 04:11 PM
So tell me about this stuff. I have a set of really colorful glazed bowls I bought, and they have all chipped horribly in the dishwasher. Now I want new ones.

Is this stuff more sturdy than that?

Punkie
02-17-2013, 04:13 PM
They are very sturdy. We haven't had one break, and I think we've had them about 5 years. They are fairly regularly dropped and banged by my 4 kids (and sometimes by me and my husband.) They are oven-safe and well-made. We use them for everything. Our previous set was made to look like fiestaware, but chipped quickly.

twentysixcats
02-18-2013, 12:31 AM
I should not have read this thread!!

I am on a retro kitchen kick the past few days because I am dreaming of redoing the kitchen in our 1960 house. Fiestaware colors would fit soooo well in my current dream kitchen!!!! (I may have been looking up teal appliances too :shifty)

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

amydawn
02-18-2013, 06:37 AM
I might be an addict:shifty I just bought 2 more place settings, 6 Gusto bowls and a butter dish. Today is the last day of the BOGO sale on the place settings from Macy's. Plus an additional 10% off with the code PRES.

Auroras mom
02-18-2013, 07:51 AM
I am having so much fun with all my new stuff I have gotten for my kitchen lately (new coffee maker, new knives, new blender and food pocessor), so now of course I want new dishes! I wish I could see these in person today before ordering any.

twentysixcats
02-18-2013, 09:19 AM
Is this Fiestaware in this picture? (I've been collecting pics of mid-century kitchens and I really like this one) http://www.houzz.com/photos/616827/Randall-Mars-modern-kitchen-dc-metro

Llee
02-18-2013, 09:25 AM
Looks like it.

---------- Post added at 11:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 AM ----------

Looks like Kohl's is offering four 5 piece settings for $99.99.

Take 30% off by using cupid30 and get a thing for 15% off if you text SAVE07 to KOHLS.

blondie
02-18-2013, 09:55 AM
So, $99 - the other %'s off, or they come to $99 after those are already applied ? :think

Katydid
02-18-2013, 09:58 AM
I ordered 4 more 4-piece sets the other day (in Lemongrass, Paprika, Turquoise and Peacock) during the Kohl's BOGO sale. :)

Llee
02-18-2013, 09:59 AM
$99.99 before the percents off. I just put them in my basket without the percents off and it's $99.96

Auroras mom
02-18-2013, 10:05 AM
Ack - what colors....I want them all?

Also, square or round...?

I really like:

Turquoise, marigold, shamrock, paprika, flamingo

Punkie
02-18-2013, 10:08 AM
I vote for "get them all" :giggle

I am surprised by how much we really like the marigold. I already had the other, sunnier yellow. The marigold really evens out the look all my dishes, by adding a richer, but bright color.

In terms of our new additions, the flamingo and lemongrass have also been a big hit.

We already loved all of the other colors that we had. :giggle I had a lot of blues and purples, and a lot of pinks/reds, so the colors in the middle of the rainbow were perfect to add.

Katydid
02-18-2013, 10:12 AM
I think you should get all the colors, too. :yes

And I vote round. I think square dishes are a bit trendy and round are more timeless. :yes

Llee
02-18-2013, 10:13 AM
Do the first four now. And square, just because it suits you.

Niphredil
02-18-2013, 10:29 AM
Dude, I'm so tempted to jump on that Kohls deal. :shifty

Llee
02-18-2013, 10:58 AM
Jump, jump, jump!

I'm such an enabler :shifty

blondie
02-18-2013, 11:02 AM
WOW! SO that's like...not much per set!! Maybe I should hit up that Kohl's sale with all the extra % off. :think I really love the 4 piece sets, though. But some 5 piece sets might be nice, too. My poor DH. :haha

Llee
02-18-2013, 11:03 AM
:there

He won't be poor until you've bought ALL the colors of ALL the sets and ALL the accessories. :shifty

Punkie
02-18-2013, 11:04 AM
BTW, I totally vote for the round, because of the ability to find vintage/replacement sets and the likelihood of the line continuing in the future. Also, the bowls for the square set don't stack, if that matters to you.

BearyBlessed
02-18-2013, 11:27 AM
Oh, I'm tempted to get more and I haven't even gotten my first ones yet! :shifty Well, I did get my retired one already, but not my Kohl's order.

The CUPID30 coupon code is only good with a Kohl's charge card. It's a great deal if you have one, though! I don't have one or I'd probably get more. The 30% + extra 15% makes it like $15 a set. :jawdrop

Auroras mom
02-18-2013, 02:05 PM
I really dislike that Kohl's makes you use their card to get the good discounts.

Llee
02-18-2013, 02:23 PM
I usually have a friend with a card order it for me. :shifty

Saphirah
02-18-2013, 04:28 PM
Do you all have problems with kids fighting/whining for a certain color? I'm about to toss all our rainbow colored Ikea kids bowls.

Punkie
02-18-2013, 04:37 PM
Sometimes it comes up, but it is usually fine. The kids have received sets for their birthdays from my in-laws, and sometimes they prefer those colors, but we've worked pretty hard to underscore that all of the colors are equally good.

Two Little Birds
02-18-2013, 05:08 PM
A prefers orange. But it'll it's not clean he will concede to using another color. E doesn't much care.

blondie
02-18-2013, 07:54 PM
I always pay my Kohl's card off right away when I shop in store. Not as easy ordering online though. I guess you could mail a check right away ?

I'm trying to decide if I want to order there. :nails I don't love the 5 piece sets but it's SUCH a good deal and I REALLY want enough plates/bowls for 12 people.

Auroras mom
02-19-2013, 08:34 AM
So ya'll are so wrong for getting me obsessed with something new. :P

DH was at first like, "why would you buy new dishes when we have dishes..?" Then he thought it was because I am worried about possible lead content in some of the older ones, which is somewhat true, but not the primary reason.

I want to feel happy when I open my cabinets! I get a little thrill at pretty things, especially if made in the USA and made well.

So, I got 4 place settings and oen gusto bowl to se if we like it. I can return to Koh;'s if we aren't thrilled.
Place settings were: Paprika, Turquiose, Shamrock, Flamingo, and the bowl was Shamrock (dh's preference for color).

Katydid
02-19-2013, 10:53 AM
So, umm... I got my shipment from Kohl's today. They sent me two of each color that I ordered instead of one. :shifty I double checked that I didn't accidentally choose 2 of each and I didn't. So now I have 8 sets and I only paid for 4. :jawdrop

What do I do now? :think

Two Little Birds
02-19-2013, 11:05 AM
Contact them. :yes

Llee
02-19-2013, 11:25 AM
Happy President's Day!!! :shifty

And yes, call them.

Or, you know, send them to me ffs. ;)

blondie
02-19-2013, 12:07 PM
They'll probably tell you to keep them. :crossesfingersforyou

crunchymum
02-19-2013, 12:43 PM
Question: do you know if the 4 sets have to be the same color?

Llee
02-19-2013, 12:44 PM
Nope!

Auroras mom
02-19-2013, 12:54 PM
I got 4 different colors.

I was going to get 8 sets, 2 of each, but dh reined me in. :P

crunchymum
02-19-2013, 01:06 PM
Oh man. I think I need to jump on this!

Auroras mom
02-19-2013, 01:41 PM
Okay, I thought this was funny:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Geiger-Counter-Test-Source-FIESTA-WARE-Uranium-Glaze-Pieces-1800-3500-CPM-/320958612467?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4aba9fc3f3

blondie
02-19-2013, 01:50 PM
People make mosaics with Fiesta. :tu SO, IF you ever break one, save it!

---------- Post added at 02:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:49 PM ----------

Oh, looked again. LOL Those must be the baaad ones. :giggle

BearyBlessed
02-19-2013, 11:42 PM
Mine came a day earlier than expected. :tu I'll try to post a pic in the next couple days.

Katydid
02-20-2013, 05:48 AM
Awesome! :rockon

blondie
02-20-2013, 12:08 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v131/bellefille/0206131138-00.jpg
Here's mine. :heart 8 of the four piece sets. My long term goal is to get 4 more 4 piece sets, then more dinner plates and bowls for entertaining. We usually have at least 20 people here for the girl's birthdays and I would LOVE to be able to serve them all on pretty dishes. :hearts

I've since added a lime green platter to keep our bread on. :jump

Auroras mom
02-20-2013, 01:13 PM
I hear you on wanting enough sets for all your guests.

I plan to buy more dinner and lunch or salad plates and bowls for sure.

Look what I won on ebay.:P Tea party!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/150995483590?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Auroras mom
02-21-2013, 12:05 PM
How long does Kohl's usually take to pack and ship stuff? I still have not received any notifications of shipment. I was hoping to get my pretties in time for dd's birthday (tomorrow!).

BearyBlessed
02-21-2013, 12:15 PM
I think it took 2-3 days before I got a shipping notice. And then it was nearly a week for shipping time. :(

Auroras mom
02-21-2013, 12:29 PM
Ahh okay, well that is good to know. I can adjust my expectations. :)

blondie
02-21-2013, 12:40 PM
Macy's seemed to take FOREVERRR.

I want them to come out with a hot pink. That would be boss.

BearyBlessed
02-21-2013, 10:12 PM
I'd love a brighter pink, too. :yes It's Aji's favorite color, but I'm just not keen on the Flamingo shade.

It's the newest color, though, so I'd be a little surprised if the next new color is a different pink. :pout

Katydid
02-22-2013, 06:21 AM
What time of year do the new colors typically come out?

knitlove
02-22-2013, 06:25 AM
I keep looking a Fiestaware now and it is all your fault!!

All of my aunt's dishes are Fiestaware. I think I may try to get a couple of mixing/serving boles.

BearyBlessed
02-22-2013, 09:48 AM
What time of year do the new colors typically come out?

I think somewhere in this thread someone said March. I don't think there's a new one every year, though, based on the full list of colors on the Fiestaware site.

blondie
02-22-2013, 09:53 AM
I read on their FB that a new one comes out in March. I might have accidentally made up the "yearly" part, based on things I had read online. :shifty

Auroras mom
02-27-2013, 03:01 PM
They finally came, and half were broken! Ack. I was really disappointed in the packaging job, and it looks like Fd Ex tossed the boxes all around, despite the fragile labels.

They said I can take the boxes to the local store and exchange. Wish me luck tomorrow. :)

We are loving the few pieces I had bought off of ebay and at the store.

blondie
02-27-2013, 03:02 PM
:jawdrop

That is such a bummer! I was surprised our 8 sets made it here intact.

I reallllly want more. :shifty I am LOVING our dishes. :heart

BearyBlessed
02-27-2013, 09:09 PM
What a bummer! I'd be sooo frustrated!

I am super loving mine. :yes I really want more! I definitely want some lunch plates and some smaller bowls- both for the kids. And at least a couple more full sets.

crunchymum
02-28-2013, 12:59 AM
:sigh I waited too long and missed the 4 sets for $99. :(

dakotablue
02-28-2013, 04:30 AM
:sigh I waited too long and missed the 4 sets for $99. :(

It will be back. At one point it was 4 for $99, 30% off and $10 kohls cash for $50.

I almost did it, but I really only want 4 piece sets.

Kohls is great about cycling sales.

crunchymum
02-28-2013, 07:40 AM
That's good to know!

blondie
02-28-2013, 10:07 AM
The Fiesta Sale Alert Thread. :jump2 We are all watching for the next one.

BearyBlessed
02-28-2013, 04:41 PM
I wanna see what the new color is before I order more. :shifty

Any guesses?

Llee
03-01-2013, 07:00 AM
http://mojosavings.com/kohls-coupon-5-off-25-plus-5-off-5-stackable-plus-15-coupon/

Auroras mom
03-01-2013, 08:31 AM
Macy's is running their sale on Fiesta still and there was an extra 10% off purchase yesterday (may still be active).

blondie
03-01-2013, 06:01 PM
I got a Marigold bowl today. :dance I really loved that color, and I'm sad it's being discontinued. It's weird for me to have a random bowl that doesn't match anything else, but I reminded myself that these are our forever plates, and they will age and change with our family. :haha

Herberger's had a 50% off sale, so it was only $6.50. I wish I would have grabbed a few more pieces, but there will be other sales.

I really want the huge salt and pepper shakers. They only had yellow, which isn't my fave.