PDA

View Full Version : Seriously?!

MarynMunchkins
01-19-2013, 02:17 PM
I'm helping Bradley renovate his mom's house. It's empty after her remarriage, and he's fixing it up and gets to live in it rent-free. :tu

We've finally made it to the bathrooms, and I was doing prep to get the walls ready for paint. The master bathroom is small, with just a stall shower - the plastic drop in kind. I noticed a *huge* chunk of drywall mud on the outside edge, so I scraped it off with a putty knife. Then I realized ALL of the edges of the shower stall were covered in drywall mud.

:hunh

I start scraping it off, muttering under my breath about dumb people that don't know how to do things correctly :shifty, and realize that under the dry wall mud, there's a coat of paint! :hunh Someone actually painted the edge of the plastic shower stall, covered it with a thick coat of drywall mud and then left. And was paid for it!!! :jawdrop

It took me an hour to scrape all the mud and paint off the edges. In about 3 minutes, I ran a bead of caulk down each side and wiped it clean. I'm still astounded that someone thought paint and drywall mud was simpler than doing it the right way! :doh

ArmsOfLove
01-19-2013, 03:35 PM
I'm often amazed at what people think is easier to do :doh So strange.

melliethepooh
01-19-2013, 04:10 PM
:hunh

When DH was running new wires in the kitchen, he discovered that somebody had mortared the wires in. :doh