PDA

View Full Version : help me make a plan...

milkmommy
01-17-2013, 08:18 PM
My home is a HUGE mess EVERY room needs some serious help...
We don't have much on the schedule tommorow as far as school basically just a science lesson we didn't get to today and a simple art project that is actually for my mother.. So I'd like to dedicate tomorrow to some serious cleaning and reorganization.
Problem is doing it with 2 two year old under foot and a 10 year old who "should" help but will likely whine more than help..
DH will be out of town tomorrow so I wont have extra help..
I'd like to do it BEFORE the weekend so maybe for ONCE I could enjoy my weekend...

What I want to tackle
1) both bathrooms both need some serious scrubbing but both are small so in theory this should be a huge task.. I jsut cant have LOs in with me not can I close my self up to do the job (both can't leave them nor lock my self in with fumes)

2 KITCHEN a biggie the counters are covered with junk right now and Ihave several good sized cabinets that have become catch all for other junk.. I want it organized and would love to re organize parts to hold schooling supplies

3 living/dining/hall area it gets covered with toys and crumbs and spilled gunk all day long and it drives me batty. I want to pare down the toys a LOT and reclaim the table for meals and a place to sit for snacks again.. I wish I could do something about the horrible carpet but that wont happen.

4) Margaret's room the girls keeps going though and pulling EVERYthING out I want it all back and then the room to be off limits to others..

5) office needs decluttering but nothing too bad same with our bedroom and Cecilia rooms isn't too bad.. laundry is not too outta hand and I don't mind pushing that till the weekend if needed

SO how silly am I trying to do some major cleaning/decluttering with little ones.. It can be done many here have multiple littles ones I assume their home gets cleaned... Tell me it can be done and tips on how.

I get very short tempered and exhausted when the home gets like this so I really need to make this happen.

blondie
01-17-2013, 08:33 PM
:hug You can do it ! :cheer

Can you pay your 10 year old to watch the little one for a few hours ?

Aerynne
01-17-2013, 08:35 PM
That's a lot for a day. Make a list in priority order (picking up is always before scrubbing/dusting/vacuuming on my list) so if you only get halfway through, it will be the important half. Get some boxes or laundry hampers. Go into your living room with them. Assign each basket to a different part of your house (I do one for upstairs and one for basement) Everything you find that should be upstairs goes in the upstairs basket, etc. Then have a basket/box for things you don't want that you can donate and a big bag for trash. Then go to the areas and put the stuff away once you're done putting all the living room stuff in it. Do the same thing in your bedroom area.

My kids (esp my 2yo) love to clean bathrooms, but I use natural cleaners so no fumes. You can also clean bathrooms while kids are in the tub.

Kitchen I like to get one counter at a time beautiful. So get the stuff off it, then wipe it down, move onto the next counter, etc.

Good luck! It will feel so good when you're done!

Mama2MeadowRose
01-17-2013, 08:37 PM
That's a lot for a day. Make a list in priority order (picking up is always before scrubbing/dusting/vacuuming on my list) so if you only get halfway through, it will be the important half. Get some boxes or laundry hampers. Go into your living room with them. Assign each basket to a different part of your house (I do one for upstairs and one for basement) Everything you find that should be upstairs goes in the upstairs basket, etc. Then have a basket/box for things you don't want that you can donate and a big bag for trash. Then go to the areas and put the stuff away once you're done putting all the living room stuff in it. Do the same thing in your bedroom area.

My kids (esp my 2yo) love to clean bathrooms, but I use natural cleaners so no fumes. You can also clean bathrooms while kids are in the tub.

Kitchen I like to get one counter at a time beautiful. So get the stuff off it, then wipe it down, move onto the next counter, etc.

Good luck! It will feel so good when you're done!

:thumbsup Great ideas!!

milkmommy
01-20-2013, 11:27 PM
soo well I ended up working through the weekend... Kinda :-/ about that (though no one forced me) but...
My kitchen is clean, I cleared out some cabinet space that hd becoem a catch all for junk (tossed out 2 FULL garbage bags of junk :shifty) and reclaimed the space for HS supplies which freed up a corner of our combined living dining so it feels way less cluttered now. :rockon
My living room is as clean as its been in ages I weeded out a ton of toys so hopefully that will keep the toy clutter down.
reclamied the office and Margaret's room now i just have to keep the little ones out of her room during the day...
We finished ALL the laundry today DH helped with that :heart
and I tackled the main bathroom
I still have our room and bathroom but those mostly jsut need soem sprucing up they are the only rooms that stay overall decent..
I'm a lot less stressed now...

Also my kenmore upright vacuum which has been no sucky (which isn't good for a vacuum) for a while now finially died about a week ago.. NOt good considering I have wall to wall carpet including under tables.. and 2 toddlers running around all day.:doh But my parents said they'd buy me a new vacuum as a belated birthday present I know not glamerous but I was really HAPPY!
I have a new shark Navigator pro LOVE it! I'm sure Dysons ect are better but I wasn't going to ask my parents to fork over that much this is great though I forgot what a vacuumed floor looked like. Its got a ridiclously short cord though my really only complaint easy fix though.

Deanna