PDA

View Full Version : very early uti- can I knock this out naturally? update #10- no, I can't

Aerynne
01-16-2013, 04:02 PM
I think I have a uti. My plan is to drink cranberry tea and cranberry juice and to take apple cider vinegar. I also have on hand:

goldenseal
black walnut
cayenne
elderberry
super garlic immune formula
juniper
catnip
rose hips
hibiscus
oatstraw
RRL
fennel
peppermint
elder flowers
parsley

Any of that help? I have more herbs, too, but I don't remember what.

I also have a full course of cephalexin on hand but I don't want to take that if I don't have to. I am catching this early and hope to be able to knock it out (don't want my 3 week old getting abx in his system if I can help it). Can I do it? We've knocked out a UTI in my dd before with just cranberry. I don't want to end up with a kidney infection, though.

ArmsOfLove
01-16-2013, 04:17 PM
What I usually do is start with:

4 Cran-Actin capsules and 2 KB capsules (from Nature's Way, their Kidney Bladder blend) EVERY HOUR FOR 4 HOURS

Then 4 Cran-Actin capsules and 2 KB capsules (from Nature's Way, their Kidney Bladder blend) Every 4 HOURS for 24 HOURS

then I follow the dosage directions on the bottle

hope you feel better soon :hug :pray4

(you probably have the ingredients for KB in your list so you might be able to piece together your own capsules :hug)

Soliloquy
01-16-2013, 04:26 PM
Keep a very close eye on yourself. Your symptoms can improve but the infection can actually worsen. A GCM friend of mine, just recently, thought she had knocked out her UTI but then, about a week later, found out it had gone into her kidneys. I don't fool around with UTIs. If you aren't completely better in 24-48 hours, I'd go in.

chasingbutterflies
01-16-2013, 04:45 PM
Also, were you gbs+? I was, got a uti after birth, didn't think much of it...until we cultured because the first abx my ob tried didn't work and I had a gbs uti.

Simple penicillin knocked it out but it was a painful few days while we figured it out. So just throwing that out there in case that's at all a concern for you.

Aerynne
01-16-2013, 04:49 PM
Also, were you gbs+? I was, got a uti after birth, didn't think much of it...until we cultured because the first abx my ob tried didn't work and I had a gbs uti.

Simple penicillin knocked it out but it was a painful few days while we figured it out. So just throwing that out there in case that's at all a concern for you.

Nope- gbs-

ECingMama
01-16-2013, 04:55 PM
Praying for you to have wisdom. My daughter has had three because of constipation. :( They seem really painful.

amstermarie
01-16-2013, 05:25 PM
mine went to my kidneys.. be carefull.. a kidbey infection is no fun, im still recovering :sick

DahliaRW
01-16-2013, 05:34 PM
My ND puts me on d mannose powder and cranstat. The mannose is a simple sugar that the bacteria clings to instead of the lining of the bladder. Then you pee them out. Also, blueberry is better for your bladder then cranberry, less irritating. So eat lots of blueberries, get the 100% blueberry juice, et.

3boysforme
01-16-2013, 05:53 PM
mine went to my kidneys.. be carefull.. a kidbey infection is no fun, im still recovering :sick

Mine went to my kidneys also. IMO post birth UTIs should be cultured and looked at by a doctor/midwife. Its so easy for fecal matter (ie ecoli) to move from back to front during birth :yes I really ended up sick because I tried to treat my post UTI naturally.

Aerynne
01-17-2013, 06:19 AM
It went bad fast! By the time I went to bed I had knocked it down so I was feeling no pain. Woke up at 3:30 to pain, took an antibiotic (which, now that I look at it, was expired). Woke up at 5:30 and it was much worse (no way I could sleep in this pain!) and called mw at 6- dh will soon be off to a 24-hour pharmacy to get me a non-expired antibiotic.

I took some azo about half an hour ago and may be feeling slightly better- can't wait for that antibiotic, though!

Any and all prayers would be greatly appreciated- that the antibiotic works FAST and that it doesn't get too bad before I get it.

chasingbutterflies
01-17-2013, 06:21 AM
ugh, i'm so sorry. hope the abx works fast!

3boysforme
01-17-2013, 06:23 AM
Hope you feel better soon! :hug