PDA

View Full Version : Homeopathic arnica

Taedareth
01-15-2013, 04:20 PM
Will it help with a big, green bruise that's 3 days old? :giggle Or is it only effective when taken immediately after the injury happens?

Zooey
01-16-2013, 01:00 AM
Yes, it will help. It may have been easier to deal with earlier on, but arnica is amazing for injuries.
I have actually seen it work where the original injury was to where it *looked* healed.

Taedareth
01-16-2013, 08:58 AM
Thanks! Ok so I followed the instructions and did 5 tablets (Boiron brand) 3x/day yesterday and this morning I'm seeing no improvement. I really want this to work. Should I change the dosage? Seems like I'll go through this little vial pretty fast.

4MKfam
01-16-2013, 09:15 AM
I've found I have better success when I use a topical arnica cream rather than or in addition to the internal homeopathic remedy, especially if it's an old injury. Just my experience.

Taedareth
01-16-2013, 09:30 AM
Good to know, thanks

BriansLovie
01-16-2013, 09:39 AM
Yes it works!

dakotablue
01-16-2013, 04:37 PM
Just wanted to add, topical GEL arnica can be amazing

I posted a few months ago...cause I about broke my butt (we think maybe cracked coccyx) arnica helped so so so much. Seriously I wanted to buy stock in it. ;)

Soliloquy
01-16-2013, 05:02 PM
You don't have to take 5. One will give you the exact same benefit as 5.

Taedareth
01-16-2013, 05:37 PM
I think I've heard that before. Then why do the experts at the manufacturer say to take 5?? :scratch

Hermana Linda
01-16-2013, 05:55 PM
I think I've heard that before. Then why do the experts at the manufacturer say to take 5?? :scratch
So you'll use it up faster? :shifty

Soliloquy
01-16-2013, 07:01 PM
So you'll use it up faster? :shifty

Probably. By law they have to give a dosage. :shrug

Taedareth
01-16-2013, 07:12 PM
Lisa, when you become a certified classical homeopath are you going to set up office near me? :popcorn

Soliloquy
01-17-2013, 11:56 AM
Lisa, when you become a certified classical homeopath are you going to set up office near me? :popcorn

:spit I'd love to do that, somehow I don't see 4 years of full-time studying fitting into my life. :violin

Btw, I'm not that far from you, now. :heart About 6 hours, I think. We're planning on a mini-vacation out your way in a year or so. We've never been to that part of the country.

Taedareth
01-17-2013, 01:28 PM
I've looked into it. Yes, you can go to Bastyr for 4 years to become an ND, during which you could optionally take an into to homeopathy class. But you would not be able to open a homeopathic practice just on that. If you subsequently became certified in advanced classical homeopathy through the excellent 2-year school in Olympia, you would be an expert homeopath who is also a regular doctor who can prescribe drugs. 6 years of schooling for that.

Or, you can go directly to the 2-year program and become an expert homeopath who does not prescribe drugs. You would bill as a health consultant rather than a doctor. But if you're a skilled homeopath, you could be doing just as much good as a doctor, without the thousands of dollars of school debt :shrug3