PDA

View Full Version : Homeopathy for Candida?

Taedareth
01-14-2013, 11:54 AM
Can homeopathy help with Candida overgrowth (in the gut/entire body)? If so, which remedies? My prescribing book (by Panos) doesn't mention it at all :think

sweetpeasmommy
01-14-2013, 05:56 PM
I've only used what our homeopath prescribed which varies from one time to the next which choice is best. We've used mytox, mycoplasm nosode and nail fungus nosode (ringworm type, non of us have actual nail fungus or ringworm but it can be internal :shiver) all by professional complementary health formulas. you can order online.

SilverMoon
01-14-2013, 05:57 PM
Sort of. My homeopathic doc gave me something (forgot what it was) that kind of helped, kind of didn't. Remember, many of the remedies are personal because of our different temperaments and needs.

I did find that carcinocin helped me with the insane itchies, but did not 'cure' yeast problems. Carcinocin in the US is derived from breast cancer (whereas carcinocin in Europe is from many different kinds of cancer). Due to this, it's supposed to be a good remedy for female organ problems, and since my yeast problem was female organ related, I tried it.

milkdud
01-15-2013, 06:02 AM
:cup

TestifyToLove
01-15-2013, 10:50 AM
Can't speak for homeopathy but I can give you some natural options.

NIH study in Nigeria found that coconut oil is as effective as prescription anti-fungals on candida and several other varieties of fungus. They further found that coconut oil is MORE effective on medication resistent fungi and the fungi don't develop resistence to the coconut oil the way they do prescription meds.

I also found NIH research indicating that seven essential oils will kill candida. Not sure I can remember all of them, but I remember Rosemary, Peppermint, Spearmint and Pattouccli were on the list.

Eowyn
01-15-2013, 11:09 AM
Biodex is the one my doc prescribes.

Taedareth
01-15-2013, 11:17 AM
How much coconut oil would one have to eat on a daily basis? It's been our primary cooking/baking oil for years. Hard to take straight off the soon, though. How should the EO's be used, and in what quantity?

TestifyToLove
01-15-2013, 11:37 AM
I didn't do the research for ingestion purposes, as I was dealing with topical concerns. Sorry. I would imagine that the levels of essential oils would be dependent upon which oil though. I know the hcg dieters have a recipe for coconut bark to eat it with cocoa and stevia, I think, in order to get deliberate coconut oil down.

The other thing for internal purposes is to go hardcore low carb. A gentler method would be what you likely have already done which is no processed/refined carbs and low sugar diet.

Taedareth
01-15-2013, 11:42 AM
I understand now. Thanks :)

HomeyT
01-15-2013, 05:18 PM
I was just wondering this last week!

SilverMoon
01-15-2013, 05:27 PM
TTL, any other oils in that study for those who are allergic to coconut?

TestifyToLove
01-15-2013, 08:30 PM
The only oil we found in the study was the coconut oil. However, the essential oils in the other study were just as effective. I actually started using a jojoba oil based soap with Rosemary and Peppermint essential oils when I was dealing with it to be both moisturizing *and* anti-fungal.

sweetpeasmommy
01-15-2013, 08:35 PM
tto is powerfully effective

oregano oil is not bad either

milkdud
01-15-2013, 08:39 PM
The last time I looked, the general rec for coconut oil ingestion, was 3 tablespoons.