PDA

View Full Version : Toy bomb! Aka what to do with collections?

Tandem mama
01-12-2013, 07:19 PM
The girls have many collections of toys.
Barbies
Lalaloopsy
Polly pocket
Littlest pet shop
Little Disney princess doll things
A bunch of little Tinkerbell toys
Zhu zhu pets
Strawberry shortcake
Super readers
Several Winnie the Pooh play sets
My little pony
Super heroes
Now tiny barbies the size of Polly pocket
Several little people

They play with all of them.
They're allowed one out (each) at a time.
They're stored in the closet. They're in different bags and boxes kind of hodge podge stacked.

I need cheap solutions!! The closet is working ok because they have to ask for help to get them out. But there are too many. I don't want to get rid of any because each set is played with equally and holds a very unique use.

I might consider sending little people to someone else's house we just visit. But those are good for before the tiny stuff is safe. But if we don't straight up get rid of them, we can bring them back (I am thinking grandparents' or aunt's. mine are the only kids on both sides) when we have a little one who could use them.

Mommainrwanda
01-12-2013, 07:22 PM
Do they play with all of those sets weekly?

Or could you only have 3 or 4 (or some number) out for a two week period and then rotate which sets are available every two weeks?

Tandem mama
01-12-2013, 07:28 PM
Well the primary issue is this is what the closet looks like:

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e180/lydsmama/e0af1bf43129b90e6631558bf0d89c97.jpg

And it's hard to find things

Mommainrwanda
01-12-2013, 08:26 PM
:haha I see...

Maybe a hanging organizer for the closet rod and a shoe organizer for the back of the door? Small sets in the shoe organizer and larger ones in the hanging one? and then the trunk would be accessible.

I really have no idea what I'm talking about :shifty

Tandem mama
01-12-2013, 08:28 PM
I'm going through clothes soon. Too many!!

MercyInDisguise
01-13-2013, 04:58 PM
After you go through clothes, there should be more room and more solutions. :yes

---------- Post added at 06:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:58 PM ----------

Does Sunshine have a dresser?

Aerynne
01-13-2013, 05:00 PM
I really like having containers that are all the same. Do you have funds for some plastic containers or something like the ikea trofast units?

blondie
01-13-2013, 05:08 PM
I have a bunch of our bigger sets of stuff in those sturdy cardboard "Tax Boxes"
Smaller sets are in rubbermaid bins and those collapsible canvas bins.

Everything is stored neatly on shelves in various closets.

That pic is making me giggle. Just clean it out and organize it, and you'll have less trouble! ;)

Radosny Matka
01-13-2013, 05:13 PM
Are they joint toys? Do they share a room? I put N's collections in storage bins under his bed. It works great. Each bin holds a different collection, and they slide out of site under his bed. I got them cheap at big lots I think.

Tandem mama
01-13-2013, 06:15 PM
No dresser. Joint toys. Share a room.

I'll take pics of the room tomorrow. Or some time. Then the massive amount of bday toys I have to find space for