PDA

View Full Version : How often is your house clean or mostly clean?

LovelyGourmet
01-11-2013, 02:36 PM
Especially if you have lots of littles... say a 4yo a 2yo and a needy 4mo? :shifty

It seems like I can only keep one room in my house clean at a time. I'm so frustrated. I hate the mess but I just can't keep up.

blondie
01-11-2013, 02:41 PM
I've miraculously been keeping up on my clean house for about a month now. :rockon Nothing is ever perfect, but it's been clean enough that I keep from going insane.

I have an almost 1 year old and a 3.5 year old. I've been working HARD, getting up early, and staying up late to keep it up. I also started a housecleaning schedule that has helped me stay on track.

It's TOUGH. :hug I will say that with a 4 month old, and a bigger kid I'm not sure if I could have done it. Plus, you have an extra. :giggle

3boysforme
01-11-2013, 02:42 PM
When mine were that age? Oh, about once a month maybe :yes

Now that they are older and doing more chores and do not need so much hands on mommying, it is clean 5 out of 7 days (it tends to fall apart on Thursdays and Fridays, you should see it right now :shifty)

4,2, and infant is hard. Give yourself some grace :hug

MarynMunchkins
01-11-2013, 03:27 PM
Pretty much every day, but I'm slightly OCD and am a much better parent in a clean house. It wasn't spotless :no, but the main areas of the house are usually clean and have been. :) My bedroom stayed clean because I didn't let people in it. :shifty

If I go to bed without a clean kitchen, you can bet I'm getting sick. ;)

Now, it's great. I tell people to clean up and my house is clean within 30 minutes.

Elora
01-11-2013, 03:33 PM
What? you mean the ENTIRE HOUSE at the SAME time??????

knitlove
01-11-2013, 03:36 PM
picked up almost weekly

picked up and cleaned - I have managed it three time in the past 5 weeks and I am not talking about before that

Katigre
01-11-2013, 03:50 PM
If I continually clean then every day. If I let it go even half a day then it's a disaster.

Katydid
01-11-2013, 03:50 PM
What? you mean the ENTIRE HOUSE at the SAME time??????

Seriously. I'm not sure that has ever happened. :think Even when we have a party or something, we bust our hineys getting the downstairs looking nice and then we shut the bedroom doors. :shifty

Glitterfish
01-11-2013, 03:54 PM
Seriously. I'm not sure that has ever happened. :think Even when we have a party or something, we bust our hineys getting the downstairs looking nice and then we shut the bedroom doors. :shifty

This. This is so me.

Niphredil
01-11-2013, 04:22 PM
It depends how you define clean, but the LR/DR gets vacuumed, bathrooms and kitchens get wipe and swept 6 days a week.

Everything clean, wiped, and sweet smelling all at the same time once a week.

5 people/900 square feet it's basically a necessity. :shrug3

mandieolivia
01-11-2013, 04:26 PM
unless i am sick, my house is always clean. certainly not to my ocd standard (because i have five other humans and an infant that is job security), but clean.

Domina
01-11-2013, 04:35 PM
What Katydid said. Once a week.

milkmommy
01-11-2013, 04:35 PM
It stays clean or at least passable from around 8pm-7am..During the day time though.. around 10-15 mintues total time all in about 3 minute cycles..
I have 2 two year old tearing through the space all day and a 10 year old who has little concept of cleaning up after herself..

Although I will say.. My bathrooms are cleaned daily I vaccum daily (multiple times) the dishes get washed/loaded and counters wipes down floor swept if needed with in a hour of most meals.. I keep up with laundry etc (assuming not dealing with illiness) its toy clutter schooling materials and such that is always out.. Our living room goes from clean and tidy to toys strewn about and papers everywhere all day long.

Thankfulforgrace
01-11-2013, 04:44 PM
Clean? What is this clean thing you speak of? :wink

ReedleBeetle
01-11-2013, 05:03 PM
Sometimes the whole thing is clean...and when it is it tends to stay that way for at least several days for the most part. I'm talking company ready in every room or comfortable having a homestudy or inspection of some sort. :yes

The majority of the time it is able to be company ready on the first floor in 30-45 minutes for the most part.

The rest of the time it is a disaster and would take greater than 2 hours to have even the 1st floor company ready *to my standards*.

ETA: It is probably never to the point that it would take more than 45 minutes to be company ready by the company's standards....I was just raised that it should be immaculate, and I'm proud of our house so I like it to look super shiny for people. :giggle

JoannaV
01-11-2013, 06:38 PM
Never. The dog puts his hair everywhere as soon as I clean anything.

Auroras mom
01-11-2013, 06:39 PM
If I continually clean then every day. If I let it go even half a day then it's a disaster.

This - I hate weekends, b/c sometimes I forget to clean, b/c dh is home, and he and dd go around making messes. It takes me days to recover. Maintenance is key for me.

LikeQuietDreams
01-11-2013, 06:55 PM
Twice a week? And I use the term "clean" verrrry loosely. :blush

HuggaBuggaMommy
01-11-2013, 07:18 PM
We pick-up every day, twice a day, during the week. Dh cleans the kitchen every morning if anything hasn't been done the night before. Bathrooms are cleaned once a week and sinks/toilets wiped down (almost) daily; there are a few days here and there I don't get to it. We sweep multiple times a day and vacuum the downstairs once per week, I try to vacuum upstairs every week, but usually it's every other week (we are only upstairs for sleeping, really, so it doesn't get much traffic).

We sometimes skip the playroom because, well, it's the playroom.

Because we are almost constantly at church from Saturday afternoon to Sunday evening (and when we are home for a few hours Sunday afternoon, we're sleeping :shifty) almost nothing gets done over the weekend. The house is a toddler tornado by Monday morning, when we tidy it up again.

My dh works from home, as do I, so we are both here to clean and he does as much (and sometimes more!) than I do.

wallflowermama
01-12-2013, 12:31 AM
For my DH's sanity(and our family's peace), our home must be picked every evening before DH gets home. Dd#1's room is still a work in progress--especially since she is a type 1 and likes to see all her things spread out over every inch of her room...
Kitchen is finished after the girls are in bed every night.
Deep cleaning happens every week to week-and-a-half.

saturnfire16
01-12-2013, 01:08 AM
Toys/clothes/food/dishes picked up, dishes done, counters/table clean- at some point during the day about 5 days a week. I don't clean on the Sabbath and usually there is one other day during the week that life craziness/laziness kicks and it some or all of it doesn't get done. It doesn't last long though with 3 little kids.

Bathroom cleaned, everything dusted, laundry done/put away, microwave/fridge cleaned, paperwork filed etc. happens once a week when I'm doing well with my cleaning schedule. Sometimes half of that gets done one week, half the next. Sometimes none of it gets done (like this week), but I'll get it all done next week.

When I had a 4 mo. old though.... clean was like an entirely foreign concept. :shrug3

delightedmama
01-12-2013, 04:05 AM
Usually one room is clean at any given time.... And that's about it :)

Beth1231
01-12-2013, 06:43 AM
Lately, about three times a week. "Clean" meaning LR/DR picked up and vacuumed, kitchen counters clean and floor swept.
Company clean is both bathrooms are clean and the kids room is picked up and vacuumed as well. That's about once a week to a week and a half.

When C was a newborn, I just settled on one room at a time until I got my energy back. :yes :hug