PDA

View Full Version : Can I take more now? RE: congestion

mollobe
01-10-2013, 07:59 PM
I took 2 Mucinex DM at 10:15 this morning. It says it lasts 12 hours. My nose/synus' are still draining, but I'm almost completely stopped up at the same time. I've used an entire box of kleenex today and I dot know what else to do. I want to go to bed but I can't breathe so I know I won't sleep. :pout

I've tried: steam, propping myself up in bed (so I'm not flat), humidifier with EO, and the Mucinex. The drugs (unfortunately) are the only thing that have helped. So can I take more now or do I need to wait the full 12 hours? Any other ideas?

Lady Grey
01-10-2013, 08:23 PM
:hugheart I'm so sorry. I had a similar thing the weekend after Christmas. The only other thing I did was use breathe right strips at night. And drink a lot of hot tea with honey.

Not sure on the mucinex. I was taking it but I am terrible at keeping up with meds so I was probably over 12 hours.

Zooey
01-11-2013, 03:38 PM
*I* would take it when I needed it. At bedtime, for sure, regardless of when it was officially due, because you need your rest to get better.
I have taken it 6 or 8 hours after a dose, unless I am driving a car. That kind of thing is different, but at bedtime? Give yourself some rest.:yes