PDA

View Full Version : what would cause nonsymptomatic diarrhea

SweetCaroline
01-10-2013, 02:18 PM
for like ..10 days straight???

my 6 yr old, is not otherwise sick. but he's had diarrhea 1-2 times a day and TONS of gas with it. only once or twice right after, he held his stomach :shrug

but otherwise..no symptoms at all? he's off gluten as of 5ish days ago..and he's always been dairy free. i cant think of what we've been eating that any different..really nothing? i use lots of olive oil in my cooking..but i always have?

its seriously soooo much gas when he goes :think this is so wierd- and he's the only one in that family.

anybody have any ideas?

mamacat
01-10-2013, 02:29 PM
Is always hard to say but is he on probiotics or foods that have probiotics? Might try giving him some hydrated bentonite clay right before he goes to bed and the probiotics at another time of day.Both are very gut healing

Elora
01-10-2013, 02:42 PM
beef did that to me - out of the blue - after eating beef for 30 years with no prior adverse reaction

not that it has to be *beef* but it sounds very food related

SweetCaroline
01-10-2013, 03:22 PM
Is alays hard to ay but is he on probiotics or foods that have probiotics? Might try giving him some hydrated bentonite clay right beforer h goes to bed at the probiotics at another time of day.Both are very gut healing

we drink lots of kombucha

beef did that to me - out of the blue - after eating beef for 30 years with no prior adverse reaction

not that it has to be *beef* but it sounds very food related

does sound food related, huh?

mamacat
01-10-2013, 03:55 PM
could be his gut is readjusting to having less grains? I feel like I do better in other wsy when I dont have wheat but then when eat it have more normal BMs

SweetCaroline
01-10-2013, 05:18 PM
no..i started gluten free about half way through this whole ordeal

sweetpeasmommy
01-10-2013, 05:52 PM
yeast can do that.

GraemesMomma
01-10-2013, 05:55 PM
Parasite? :shifty

SweetCaroline
01-11-2013, 08:08 PM
:bump

Rabbit
01-11-2013, 08:14 PM
While you're probably eating the same foods, you're eating them in different quantities, replacing the wheat calories with something else.

What's a day of meals look like for him?

Zooey
01-11-2013, 09:06 PM
While you're probably eating the same foods, you're eating them in different quantities, replacing the wheat calories with something else.

This is what I was thinking, too.

SweetCaroline
01-11-2013, 09:31 PM

really- not much difference at all. i've been gluten free for a long time, so dinners are always GF

the only diff is that instead of a piece of regular bread at lunch, he has a piece of GF bread :shrug

breakfast is just oatmeal. the kids have always alternated between oatmeal & plain cheerios ..so

i bought a really heavy EV olive oil, that i use in everything. could it be slicking up his bowels too much? (dh thinks that sounds silly) but this *does actually coincide with the time i bought it :think - i usually use just plain olive oil..but this stuff is heavy duty

idk..its starting to worry me :(

he starts art school tomorrow..and he's worried he'll have an accident :( poor baby

Rabbit
01-11-2013, 10:12 PM
Yes, but what is in GF bread? I ask, because what's in GF bread makes my hubs very very ill, so it's not exactly an insignificant change for us. GF wheat subs are inedible for us, and will cause significant gastro distress.

It's likely he just got a bug. It's not unusual for a stomach bug to last a couple of weeks.

---------- Post added at 11:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 PM ----------

i bought a really heavy EV olive oil, that i use in everything. could it be slicking up his bowels too much? (dh thinks that sounds silly) but this *does actually coincide with the time i bought it :think - i usually use just plain olive oil..but this stuff is heavy duty

Extra virgin olive oil is just olive oil. What's special about this batch?

Zooey
01-11-2013, 11:08 PM
Yeah, I would want to know what is in there that is different, or in more quantity than before....

SweetCaroline
01-12-2013, 04:55 AM
Extra virgin olive oil is just olive oil. What's special about this batch?

well..nothing. :shifty it was just a thought :shrug :giggle

he had D for nearly a week already when i started GF with him ( i had been wanting to do it for a looong time though)

it probably is just a bug- just seems wierd