PDA

View Full Version : Nits AND fleas???

Mum2Es
01-10-2013, 02:04 AM
:hissyfit:sigh

I feel dirty.

We're infested with fleas. I HATE using chemicals but nonetheless, tomorrow I am flea bombing. As if that's not inconvenient enough (dealing with the animals, getting the kids out of the house for a few hours, getting the kids minded while I come back into my poisoned home and air and clean, washing all the bedding etc...) tonight I found live nits (head lice) in Chicken's hair. :hissyfit

I didn't want to keep her up to treat her (found them as I was putting her to bed, and who knows how long they've been there? - seemed pointless to keep her up late) so tomorrow morning, before I get stuck into the flea bombing, I have to treat myself and 2 daughters with thick, luscious, nit-infested hair.

:sigh

And did I mention :hissyfit ?

Please feel free to hit me with your best tips for dealing with either of these horrible infestations. We've dealt with fleas before but never nits.

kiloyd
01-10-2013, 02:17 AM
Oh, no! :hugheart I think the fleas are easier than the nits.

Order some Advantage for the pets then put it on and wash all their bedding.

For the nits you can use a tablespoon of coconut oil in your hand with shampoo. Leave in and wrap a towel on head for 30 min.

I can't find the stuff I used when I had lice. It was more natural and smelled like black licorice. Got it at the drug store.

more :hugheart It is such a pain in the butt to have to wash EVERYTHING!

MidnightCafe
01-10-2013, 06:26 AM
Sending you a PM right now about lice treatment.