PDA

View Full Version : What's a good color scheme for a master bedroom?

runningmama
01-09-2013, 08:14 PM
We've been in our house for a year and I so dislike the mauve in our room. :snooty We also have no bedspread or any kind of bedding so I feel like we can start anywhere we want. :rockon

So, what are some favorite colors, decorations you've seen! :popcorn

MaySunflowers
01-10-2013, 06:50 AM
I like a whole Moroccan thing with all warm colors... shame we rent, I'd totally do it with our bedroom if we didn't.

You can google for some awesome images. Everything from going way out there with curtains all over to just larger pieces with nicely painted walls.

jame06
01-10-2013, 07:32 AM
I'm really loving grey and yellow right now. Wishing I could redo my room. Currently my room is chocolate brown, tan, burgundy.

mamacat
01-10-2013, 07:38 AM
Im a sea glass color person and like light colors in bedroom

tigerlily
01-10-2013, 07:53 AM
I just got a grey and yellow bed cover w/ pillows and I'm trying to decide what to do with my white walls!

I think you should do grey and yellow, too. :shifty

jame06
01-10-2013, 08:04 AM
I just got a grey and yellow bed cover w/ pillows and I'm trying to decide what to do with my white walls!

I think you should do grey and yellow, too. :shifty

Grey walls, or one grey wall.

Little Forest
01-10-2013, 08:17 AM
Duckegg blue walls with a charcoal (on cream) toile duvet and antique white furniture. (Type 2 much? :lol)
Posted via Mobile Device

runningmama
01-10-2013, 08:25 PM
Oh, Heidi! I really like the Moroccan themes. That hadn't crossed my mind at all. Of course, it would look a tad out of place with the rest of my house but it could be a little oasis. :-)

I love yellow. I'm planning on doing that in my kitchen as the main color. I feel like that might be too much yellow in the house but I like the yellow/gray mix. :think

And, I think I am a T2 so that last one sounds lovely, TCM.

So much to think about!

BelovedDaughter
01-10-2013, 09:01 PM
We have light blue walls, wood bed frame, black and white comforter/bedspread, and glass shelving. The walls were painted when we moved in, so we didn't have to decorate much.

Little Forest
01-10-2013, 09:06 PM
I love a nice pale yellow and have painted a couple rooms that! (but do not like it with grey personally)
Posted via Mobile Device

MaySunflowers
01-11-2013, 07:22 AM
If I had my own house to decorate.... no rooms would match any others.:shifty

Elora
01-11-2013, 08:00 AM
I like a whole Moroccan thing with all warm colors... shame we rent, I'd totally do it with our bedroom if we didn't.

You can google for some awesome images. Everything from going way out there with curtains all over to just larger pieces with nicely painted walls.
This is exactly what *I* was going to say! I am planning to paint my room and get curtains that are moroccan style

AmyDoll
01-11-2013, 08:09 AM
I read that people with purple master bedrooms have more sex :eyebrows

Teacher Mom
01-11-2013, 01:08 PM
where did you read that!!! :giggle

My bedroom was light lavendar before, but I just repainted it a nice purple (http://www.myperfectcolor.com/en/color/72109_Behr-660D-5-Wildflower)and I recently bought a black & white damask comforter. I can't find a picture of it online anymore :shrug3 But it looks A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. Especially with the deep red sheets. In my dimly lit room (we only use table lamps on the bedside tables), the purple looks darker and richer. It is just lovely!!! I absolutely love, love, lvoe coming in my room!!!!

wisdomjourney
01-11-2013, 01:12 PM

:roll I don't think I'm gonna mention that to dh. :shifty

NewLeaf
01-11-2013, 01:13 PM
My bedroom looks like a bag of skittles exploded in there, you totally want that, right? :giggle

What's your furniture like (colors/design)? How big is the room? How much natural lighting does it get?

MegMarch
01-11-2013, 01:23 PM
I want a deep taupe with crisp white trim, espresso furniture with clean lines, bedding in whites and creams with lots of texture and pops of egg yolky yellows.

OR

Dirty seafoam walls with white bedding with lots of folksy embroidery in bold colors and mismatched furniture and teal accents throughout.

librarianjojo
01-11-2013, 01:47 PM
My dream bedroom would have dark hardwood floors, blue/grey walls, and white curtains, linens, and bedspreads with lots of texture. I would also love a wooden mission-style rocking chair and shaker-style pegs to hang next day clothing on. :heart I would also insist on a ceiling fan as I have found them necessary to my sleep needs. I find that I feel very inspired by Scandinavian and Shaker interior decoration.

I would also LOVE to get our desk and computer out of there! Right now there isn't any other space but when we move, I will insist on getting that out of the bedroom!

Renting means I get to deal with off-white walls, but a gal can dream!

MegMarch - I love the idea of the seafoam with white and eclectic accents. I have a deep love of "folksy" decor. This is why I don't go to craft fairs - I would bankrupt myself.

Virginia
01-11-2013, 01:48 PM
Blind post:
We are doing gray walls (right now they're white) with some maroon and tan accessories. White ceilings and doors help keep the room feeling light, while the other colors make it feel cozy :)

Auroras mom
01-11-2013, 01:53 PM
I like greens and browns or ivory. We did a maroon with green and a goldish beige boefre too and loved it.

blondie
01-11-2013, 02:04 PM

Our room is purple. :roll

---------- Post added at 03:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:01 PM ----------

When we did our bedroom I couldn't choose a color, so I shopped until I found a bedspread that I loved, then planned the paint colors around it.

I did the same with bathroom paint color and the shower curtain.

raining_kisses
01-11-2013, 02:10 PM
Whatever wall color you chose, make sure it's a good color on you and one that would wear. I picked out this lovely grayish lavender shade, hubby painted half the room, and then I made him stop. That color would have totally washed me out.

cbmk4
01-11-2013, 02:15 PM
Our bedroom walls are a neutral sage and the master bathroom walls are a fun ocean blue/green color. I will see if I can find the links to the colors.

runningmama
01-12-2013, 09:04 PM
My bedroom looks like a bag of skittles exploded in there, you totally want that, right? :giggle

What's your furniture like (colors/design)? How big is the room? How much natural lighting does it get?

We have a medium dark wood chest of drawers and dresser, clean lines, 60's styling. Two nightstands from college. That's pretty much it. We only have a frame on the bed. The room is a good size, we have a king bed and there is still room to move. (Spatial awareness is not my forte. :giggle) We have one small window, so natural light is not great.

Oh, and I will not be sharing the purple stat with my DH either. :spit

Mokek Kwe
01-12-2013, 09:20 PM
I just got new t-shirt sheets and microplush cover for my bed, both in dark grey, and the walls are light blue.
I love the Morroccan idea in a big way, but I'm not sure if having little light in there would be good or bad for that. :think

MercyInDisguise
01-13-2013, 04:56 PM
We have one wall that is deep purple as an accent wall, and the rest are an eggshell type color. It is nice, but I'm not sure it makes us have more sex. :giggle

Aerynne
01-13-2013, 05:06 PM
Our bedroom is home depot's "softest juniper" and I :heart it so much!! Our bedding is plain white, and I love that, too. My mw commented that it was a great birthing room.

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c343/erinolson/IMG_2728.jpg

runningmama
01-15-2013, 12:45 PM
Pretty! I really like crisp white furniture with color on the wall.

DH is totally sold on the Morrocan idea! We'll see where we head with that. I like the deep, jewel tones but I don't like all the patterns and textures. I more of a simple kind of girl. We've found a few images on google that combine the 2 so that may be where we're headed. :-)